+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 88th Draw

spartanz

Star Member
Mar 28, 2018
IELTS Request
03/03/18 - L: 8.5 R: 8.5 W: 6.5 S: 7 ; -SCREWED-- (04/07/18) - L: 6.5 - R:7.5 - W:6.5 - S:7 ; 5/12/2018 : L: 7 R : 9 W: 7 S : 8
Hi...I am sitting at 438 for the past 4 months and losing hopes now....can anyone suggest if I should retake the IELTS exam...although retaking it will increase my points to 441...

CRS- 438
IELTS - L-8.5,R-8.5, S-7.5,W-7.0--overall 8.0

Thanks
I can understand your situation : waiting and watching ... just 4-6 points away

IELTS looks tempting , but what if you donot score better , that means wastage of money ( I donot want to discourage you)

What if you donot take IELTS and you have an upcoming birthday ( although a happy moment , but for CRS it's gonna cause loss of point) -- to cover loss of CRS points due to age , IELTS is one option to compensate for that loss!

So, time accordingly and take IELTS( increase score) at least to compensate loss due to age ...

And yes, money is not everything , lost opportunity ( by not taking IELTS ) is one big loss!

I wish we see score in 430's , but living on such false hopes may cost

Reactions: Vivu

HoldingOnToHisPromise

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Hi...I am sitting at 438 for the past 4 months and losing hopes now....can anyone suggest if I should retake the IELTS exam...although retaking it will increase my points to 441...

CRS- 438

Thanks

Hi! We do have the same score and even our IELTS scores look similar. How old are you? I'm 28 and instead of re-taking the IELTS, I am just waiting for the next draws and hopefully will be able to receive an ITA soon. Age is not something I am worried for now because I think point deduction starts at the age of 30. But if you are aged 30+ and your birthday is sometime this or next month, then you may consider re-taking the IELTS to compensate the possible loss of points. You can improve on your writing, though. I used to watch tips from ieltsLiz on Youtube and it helped me a lot during the exam. :)

Reactions: Vivu

ankurrana

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Hi! We do have the same score and even our IELTS scores look similar. How old are you? I'm 28 and instead of re-taking the IELTS, I am just waiting for the next draws and hopefully will be able to receive an ITA soon. Age is not something I am worried for now because I think point deduction starts at the age of 30. But if you are aged 30+ and your birthday is sometime this or next month, then you may consider re-taking the IELTS to compensate the possible loss of points. You can improve on your writing, though. I used to watch tips from ieltsLiz on Youtube and it helped me a lot during the exam. :)
Have you guys looked for oinp. I suggest take it as a back up or insurance so that your canada dreams are still intact. I was in the same boat with 438 and I opted for oinp. Just weigh the other factors like 1500 CAD and limitations of PNP and take your decision.

Rob13

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017

CRS- 438

Thanks
Waiting for four months and you losing hope! Lol... Dude I am waiting for three years and I still believe I am going to be in Canada this year. And if you can increase

nafstyle

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Hi,
Me too waiting eagerly at 438 with L8, R7.5, W7 & S7.5. I am 29 and have about 9 months left until i loose points for age. The only realistically possible area to improve my score is my wife's ECA which will add just 2 points. Apart from that redoing IELTS is a pain because i achieved 7 in writing on the 3rd attempt, that too after re-evaluation. So... decided to sit back and wait for the moment.

HoldingOnToHisPromise

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Have you guys looked for oinp. I suggest take it as a back up or insurance so that your canada dreams are still intact. I was in the same boat with 438 and I opted for oinp. Just weigh the other factors like 1500 CAD and limitations of PNP and take your decision.
Thank you for your insight. PNP is my next option just incase the succeeding scores do not go down to 430s. As to what province, my partner and I are still deciding about it. We are trying to look for options where our NOC fits.

Reactions: ankurrana

HoldingOnToHisPromise

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Hi,
Me too waiting eagerly at 438 with L8, R7.5, W7 & S7.5. I am 29 and have about 9 months left until i loose points for age. The only realistically possible area to improve my score is my wife's ECA which will add just 2 points. Apart from that redoing IELTS is a pain because i achieved 7 in writing on the 3rd attempt, that too after re-evaluation. So... decided to sit back and wait for the moment.

I am quite positive we will get there soon. :)

Reactions: nafstyle

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
OINP News - Yesterday 29 NOI were issued but only for ST Stream

Stream Date NOIs Issued Details
ST 04/18/18
9:30AM EST
Number of NOIs issued: 29
Date Express Entry profile submitted:
January 1, 2018 to April 18, 2018

Emnafrancks

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017

CRS- 438

Thanks
Do what you gotta do. The competition is fierce

ShahidWS

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
OINP News - Yesterday 29 NOI were issued but only for ST Stream

Stream Date NOIs Issued Details
ST 04/18/18
9:30AM EST
Number of NOIs issued: 29
Date Express Entry profile submitted:
January 1, 2018 to April 18, 2018
Hi,
Where did you find this info? Its not on their website

sharma_vidhyut

Nov 27, 2017
Hi,
I have a question regarding a new form that has been introduced in CIC in the filed of Language and Study. I made an update there and soon after submitting the update my profile got ineligible.
All i did was just updated the form by providing answer to the new questionnaire.
I am not sure how does that happen. I am sitting at 435 right now and now have to create another profile which may fall out of tie break in case the score drops within next few months.
Does anybody know if I can make my previous profile eligible again by contacting anyone at CIC as this is a system glitch.
This is really worrying me now and I am absolutely clueless of what just happened.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi,
I have a question regarding a new form that has been introduced in CIC in the filed of Language and Study. I made an update there and soon after submitting the update my profile got ineligible.
All i did was just updated the form by providing answer to the new questionnaire.
I am not sure how does that happen. I am sitting at 435 right now and now have to create another profile which may fall out of tie break in case the score drops within next few months.
Does anybody know if I can make my previous profile eligible again by contacting anyone at CIC as this is a system glitch.
This is really worrying me now and I am absolutely clueless of what just happened.
Which new form are you talking about?

Also, you need to create a new profile now.