+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray Of Hope - 87th Draw

rockydirt

Feb 2, 2018
Got an Ita and noticed my score had increased I will have Canadian work experience of 2years on may 5th was the increase a mistake will I just be rejected if I submitted everythingshould I decline the invitation???? Help

I'm in the same boat....my 2yrs getting completed on 2nd May but my score got increased a week ago..... my consultant told me not to submit the file till I officially complete 2 yrs.

Reactions: Sazlouise

thebohemian2001

Apr 11, 2018
Hi Guys,
Need your expert advice. I updated my profile yesterday (spouse's ECA) about 10 am UTC and the score jumped from 436 to 446. The draw happened at about 12pm UTC I believe. Will I receive an ITA or will my updated score be considered in the next draw?
Thanks.

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Please do not submit your application now. I saw this happening to lots of CEC folks and claiming points for work that you have still one month remaining is not a good idea. Other have done the same, as far as I read. Anyway, if you do not want to decline, better submit your application after you complete the mandatory period of 24 months for work and explain in your LoE that your points got automatically bumped up month before and received ITA. Good luck.
Apologies I was unaware that the applicant's score reflected 2 years of Canadian experience. I thought they got ITA with one year experience. Then yes, wait for 2 years to complete and back it up with documentation.

mathansri

Jan 28, 2018
Bangalore
Guys,
Happy to express that after years of waiting, I've finally got the ITA. At one time, I had to wait for almost 4-5 years just to give IELTS because IDP did not offer any provisions for differently abled test takers. When I switched cities, BC were willing to make special arrangements for me and after a long process I was able to give my IELTS on 16th December 2017. Thankfully, I was able to prepare well and clear CLB 9 in my first attempt. It would have been disastrous had I not scored CLB 9, as it would have taken another 4-5 months just to give another attempt. When I entered the pool, the draw happened on my birthday and I was tied on the cut-off score, missing the tie breaker! My wife was prepared to give IELTS in order to increase our points but ultimately she did not need to.

To all the freaking heroes out there in RoH, I've been here since RoH 79, and I'm chuffed to hear all your inspiring stories. Keep it up guys, don't lose hope, you'll get that silver email (ITA) very soon this year. All the best!!
Congratulations mate. Well fought!

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Post ITA Qs:

My brother in India do not have a passport, do i need to submit any document in Family tab for him ? If yes, what else that passport will do ?

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
I received ITA last night, 3-4 hours after cutoff was declared
Hello. Congratulations.

I see your signatures with IELTS and CELPIP. I am also based in Dubai. How do you rate CELPIP against IELTS based on your experience? How did you prepare for the exam? If I don't get desired score, I am seriously thinking of switching to CELPIP.

Jan 10, 2018
Hello. Congratulations.

I see your signatures with IELTS and CELPIP. I am also based in Dubai. How do you rate CELPIP against IELTS based on your experience? How did you prepare for the exam? If I don't get desired score, I am seriously thinking of switching to CELPIP.
Actually, I did not prepare at all.

I switched to CELPIP because:
1. No need to use pen and paper
2. No need to go again for speaking test
3. Quicker results
4. Slightly cheaper
5. Held on fridays (holiday)

So, it made sense :) I wish I knew about CELPIP before I gave IELTS.

Reactions: nns14

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Actually, I did not prepare at all.

I switched to CELPIP because:
1. No need to use pen and paper
2. No need to go again for speaking test
3. Quicker results
4. Slightly cheaper
5. Held on fridays (holiday)

So, it made sense :) I wish I knew about CELPIP before I gave IELTS.
Thank you. Just one more question which I think you missed out answering is how did you prepare? I mean preparation materials, I heard, are rather limited for CELPIP.

Jan 10, 2018
Thank you. Just one more question which I think you missed out answering is how did you prepare? I mean preparation materials, I heard, are rather limited for CELPIP.
Like I said, I did not prepare at all.

Call it overconfidence, but I believe I have a fairly good grasp on English. It did not make sense for me to study English.

Also, I gave the Mock Test for IELTS and was easily clearing all sections with required levels.

When I under-performed twice, each time in a different section, I realized that it was less to do with preparation and more about luck/focus/alertness during the test. I was extremely focused on the last attempt, made notes, spoke clearly, and shut my eyes to focus on conversations :D and it worked.

Reactions: nns14