Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Nail biting marathon starts now! Hair pulling next if I don't make the cut-off ;)
Hope we wont have to pull our hair! The thought of waiting for yet another two weeks is unbearable :(

ivand

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Regarding police certificate, its validity acceptable by CIC is one year, unless there expiration date indicated differently... But if you were, let's say, in foreign country and you left, in this case your police certificate is valid for life...
About medical certificate, you are right!
Well, it all sounds great but in Ukraine and Russia police certificates are the problem #1 regarding CIC (almost half of the reasons for denial of visas) and everyone is trying to get them only after ITA.

CIC websites does not give any differentiation between countries so I guess it can be applied to everyone.

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
I have made the medical appintment for May 25, I highly expect to get ITA by 25 May 2018 :), police certificates are very easy to get in my country so it wouldn't be a problem at all
For medical, do consider the time of the processing as well.
CIC will issue you the landing permission till your medical expires. If it is expected to expire during processing, CIC might ask you for a fresh one.
I have seen some cases in this forum where the application is pending with CIC for almost 2 years and people have been asked to send fresh medical once or twice.

For medical I am always inclined to get one once all your other documents are done. This will give you more time for processing and more time to make travel plans once your get PR. I will do it once I have rest of the documents ready especially PoF and PoE.
However, It is individual preferences how they go about it.

Reactions: Wandering Mind