+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

R u waiting for AINP nomination

anoirmimi

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
Federal Employment Minister Jason Kenney says Ottawa is willing to extend to other provinces the measures it has given Alberta for some of its temporary foreign workers.

In a letter to Conservative MPs last week, Kenney says the federal government is giving a one-time exemption to temporary foreign workers in Alberta from being counted under the cap on low-wage workers, provided they meet strict criteria.

Kenney says this will allow employers to apply for renewed Labour Market Impact Assessments while their existing temporary foreign workers pursue permanent immigration.

As well, Kenney says in the letter that Citizenship and Immigration Canada will provide a one-year bridging work permit to TFWs who are subject to the four-year limit.

The letter says this should provide some relief to employers who have TFWs that have already applied for immigration and are in the queue waiting for their applications to be assessed.

The Alberta Federation of Labour says the Conservative government has caved in to pressure from low-wage employers who want to hold on to “exploitable” temporary foreign workers for a longer period of time.

“The sad truth is that most of the low-skill TFWs in question will never qualify for permanent residency under the federal government’s Express Entry program because it has a point system that gives preference to workers with high skills and high levels of education,” McGowan said.

“Last June, the Harper government promised to limit the number of TFWs that low-wage employers could use. But now, they’ve quietly broken their promise and changed the rules,” AFL president Gil McGowan said in a news release Tuesday.

McGowan said this new plan from the Harper government is “cynical, sneaky and mean-spirited” because they have tried to dress it up as an act of kindness to the thousands of TFWs who face the prospect of deportation as soon as April 1.

April 1 is the deadline for workers under the program who have been in Alberta since 2011 or earlier to leave the country in accordance with the new Labour Market Impact Assessment criteria.

“The sad truth is that most of the low-skill TFWs in question will never qualify for permanent residency under the federal government’s Express Entry program because it has a point system that gives preference to workers with high skills and high levels of education,” McGowan said.

But Kenney said that the measures are not exemptions to the TFW program.

paulgovas

Aug 7, 2013
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
05-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Med's Request
20-08-2015
Med's Done....
23-10-2015 received in Ecas
Passport Req..
January 6 2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Ainp is going to cherry pick the 1000 applicants who are engineers, docs etc for open work permit and for the rest they will exploit until their planes leave the ground. The exploitation of innocent applicants is the prime reason behind non disclosure Of any info.
It is all about exploitation

ksiusha

Jul 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:eek: well nothing to say I guess, same thing is happening this year .......... :'( , and we all had some hope for this 2015 :mad:

mims2000

Sep 6, 2012
Somebody got his nomination. He applied may 2014 and received his nomination yesterday. Noc code 6435. How about us nov 2013 applicants??

momodo

Star Member
Oct 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PGWP will expire on May,2015 :'( and I already wait an year for my Provincial Nominee which they told us that it only takes 6 months to get it before... My Employer cannot do LMIA :-\ was checking my email+mail every single day and I was disappointed so often that I became hopeless...

paulgovas

Aug 7, 2013
edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
05-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Med's Request
20-08-2015
Med's Done....
23-10-2015 received in Ecas
Passport Req..
January 6 2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
momodo said:
PGWP will expire on May,2015 :'( and I already wait an year for my Provincial Nominee which they told us that it only takes 6 months to get it before... My Employer cannot do LMIA :-\ was checking my email+mail every single day and I was disappointed so often that I became hopeless...
I Wish, the one year open work permit that AINP is talking about may come also for PGWPs who are expiring their WP within calender year 2015.

dunj

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Guys, don't attack the Hotel Industry, our work is very physically demanding, a lot of us work for 3 years for just above minimum wage before we can apply, we all have at least high school education and I can assure you no Canadians want to do this job. I've seen many of them come and go. But with that put aside, I just can't believe how the foreign workers are being treated currently. It appears they want to get rid of 80 % of us because they have huge backlogs of applications on provincial and federal levels.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
dunj said:
Guys, don't attack the Hotel Industry, our work is very physically demanding, a lot of us work for 3 years for just above minimum wage before we can apply, we all have at least high school education and I can assure you no Canadians want to do this job. I've seen many of them come and go. But with that put aside, I just can't believe how the foreign workers are being treated currently. It appears they want to get rid of 80 % of us because they have huge backlogs of applications on provincial and federal levels.
No one is attacking anyone. They have to be fair to everyone. If they say they don't prioritize any specific industry, then they should nominate people according to the submission date!

dunj

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
But how do you know that they are prioritizing the Hotel industry? AINP is not releasing any info about the number of nominations in specific industries, so we can only play the guess game based on a small number of people that speak publicly about their nomination. Honestly, it appears that will your name be drafted before the imaginary time lines they posted is based on pure luck,..

bhallasorav

Sep 27, 2011
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/04/2014
Doc's Request.
FILE number 29/07/2014
Nomination.....
Still waiting
AOR Received.
7/05/2014
HI FOLKS>..
I just want to bring in your attention that i spoke to AINP rep in detail about this new gimmick of work permit extension.. THE VERY FIRST AND FOREMOST CRITERIA IS THAT YOU SHOULD BE REACHING YOUR 4 YEAR CAP... This is only for those applicants not for anyone else..

Thanks & regards
Sorav

dalma11

Star Member
May 26, 2013
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27/08/2014
Doc's Request.
05/11/2015
Nomination.....
06/11/2015
AOR Received.
12-04-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-02-2017
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2017
LANDED..........
Inland
bhallasorav said:
HI FOLKS>..
I just want to bring in your attention that i spoke to AINP rep in detail about this new gimmick of work permit extension.. THE VERY FIRST AND FOREMOST CRITERIA IS THAT YOU SHOULD BE REACHING YOUR 4 YEAR CAP... This is only for those applicants not for anyone else..

Thanks & regards
Sorav
Did he mention anything about the date of application? are those rules apply only for application sent before July 1st?

PKG92

Jun 6, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUN 02,2014
LANDED..........
since 2011
one question guys !!

do we have option to apply under EE as ainp nomination ( do AINP has quota to nominate under EE as well ,if yes any idea how much quota ?? )