Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah in May
SI said:
salam irsum: congrats to you and your wife. glad to know u got your visa alhumdollilah. ours got rejected last week, the reason they refused was lack of travel history. cant improve that now. did your wife had any previous tavel details/history on her passport? thanks and congrats again.
SI, no there is no previous travel history. But I would say that might have compensated by her very good, stable and a long term job. That is just my guess.
take care

sunny2088

Feb 15, 2012
Thanks so much Rossei for your reply. sorry to hear about your wife.

I will still try to apply. Ok so I have printed 3 months of bank statement, and also got a letter confirming my income from work.
How can I further prove that my wife will leave.

My brother in law ( my wife brother) is getting married in August. So for sure she will go back and in fact I am going with her right after my graduation so we can prepare. Should I put this in the invitation letter as well? And how can I prove the marriage? The cards will only be printed in july.

Thanks for your help again

hbushra

Jan 21, 2012
Hi Irsum,

I have one question : Did you have to submit a Police certificate ? is it a requirement for TRV? I submitted it with my previous application and since the validity was only for 3 months , it has been expired and i just don't wanna get it again.......trying to save time...

And now i'm reapplying for a shorter duration, as i have a leave letter from the company for 2 months. is that ok ?

Please advise.

regards,
Hiba

hbushra

Jan 21, 2012
@unaseem,

Should i mention proper dates in my employment letter, e.g. intended arrival date?
Please let me know.

Is it easy to get ur TRV extended from Canada ? or they check back your statements ? on what reasons they give extension to the spouse's TRV ?

Regards,
Hiba

irsum

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
May 2012
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2011
Med's Request
Nov. 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah in May
hbushra said:
Hi Irsum,

I have one question : Did you have to submit a Police certificate ? is it a requirement for TRV? I submitted it with my previous application and since the validity was only for 3 months , it has been expired and i just don't wanna get it again.......trying to save time...

And now i'm reapplying for a shorter duration, as i have a leave letter from the company for 2 months. is that ok ?

Please advise.

regards,
Hiba
Hi Hbushra, no we did not submit Police certificate. I don’t believe it is required. My best wishes and good luck.

irsum

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
May 2012
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2011
Med's Request
Nov. 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah in May
Hbushra, we indicated estimated dates which are very much off from actual dates. My wife's intended date of trave was in January and we did not even get the visa till second week of Feb.

sammy369

Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-SDYNEY / CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Passport Req..
waiting!
Hi,

So what happens after the wife gets the visa? Is she given a permit to stay when she enters canada which is for a specified period, say 6 months?

What will happen if her stay is over (6 months) and the immigration is still in process? DO you guys get the extension or something?

What happens if she is there in canada on TRV and the immigration has been approved? Also, when she gets there on a TRV, do you have to tell CIC that she is there and not in home country anymore?

Please answer the questions because there's a lot of confusion as to what will happen after she gets the TRV.

Thanks in advance!

Humayun000

Feb 13, 2012
Guys my cousin applied for trv now it's 3 months still haven't receive any response .What should I do?does she call embassy or just wait ?Anyone has any suggestion?

irsum

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
May 2012
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2011
Med's Request
Nov. 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah in May
sammy369 said:
Hi,

So what happens after the wife gets the visa? Is she given a permit to stay when she enters canada which is for a specified period, say 6 months?

What will happen if her stay is over (6 months) and the immigration is still in process? DO you guys get the extension or something?

What happens if she is there in canada on TRV and the immigration has been approved? Also, when she gets there on a TRV, do you have to tell CIC that she is there and not in home country anymore?

Please answer the questions because there's a lot of confusion as to what will happen after she gets the TRV.

Thanks in advance!
All very important questions Sammy369, thanks for raising them. I don’t know the answers but definitely need to know all the details

irsum

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
May 2012
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2011
Med's Request
Nov. 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah in May
Humayun000 said:
Guys my cousin applied for trv now it's 3 months still haven't receive any response .What should I do?does she call embassy or just wait ?Anyone has any suggestion?
Humayun000 the chances for your cousin are very very good. Taking longer time is very positive and I have been through the same just a little while ago. I would say that your cousin shall wait another week and then send an email. Inshallah there will be positive answer even before that.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
sammy369 said:
Immigration and TRV are totally separate. If she wants to stay longer, she has to apply for extending her stay as a visitor from Canada. You don't automatically get an extension on the ground of immigration being in process.

All correspondence re: immigration will be done through the principal applicant (yourself). If you're not sponsoring her now, CIC will have nothing to do with your spouse' address. So, you practically don't have to mention anything to CIC. A visitor visa would not make someone change his/her original home address.

aamirnazir

Feb 20, 2012
irsum said:
Thank you very much mkhan63 for your encouraging and informative response. Congratulation on your wife's TRV and I wish you continued success.
Yes I do have a good professional job ever since I came to Canada and I will attach related documents from my company as well as tax returns.
Unlike the practice in Canada, in Pakistan, my wife does not get monthly bank statements. So I guess, she will have to make special request. Not sure if they will give her statements for the past six months.
What about the question of available funds? What amount shall we indicate in the visa form?
Thanks again and all the best
hi brother how r u, well i am from pakistan azad kashmir i am also want to visit canada as visitor but i don't have letter of invitation can you help me with this please please

irsum

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
May 2012
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2011
Med's Request
Nov. 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah in May
Rossei said:
Immigration and TRV are totally separate. If she wants to stay longer, she has to apply for extending her stay as a visitor from Canada. You don't automatically get an extension on the ground of immigration being in process.
All correspondence re: immigration will be done through the principal applicant (yourself). If you're not sponsoring her now, CIC will have nothing to do with your spouse' address. So, you practically don't have to mention anything to CIC. A visitor visa would not make someone change his/her original home address.
In my case, I have sponsored here over a year ago. I think the question is what happens if CHC require to communicate with her or asks for remdical or ask for passport ?

shaznaz75

Feb 25, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2015
Doc's Request.
24-11-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
20-11-2015
Interview........
10-02-2017
Passport Req..
10-02-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
WOW! Interesting stuff on here. I wish i had visited this forum last week!

I have just applied for TRV on Feb 20(last week- Monday). My wife is a Canadian citizen and we have 2 children together (they're canadian citizen too because of my wife's Canadian nationality). Planning to visit in April for 3 weeks. I have supplied everything they asked in TRV package. So let's hope I can get this, will keep sharing the progress with you all and if you guys have any questions feel free to ask.

Stressful days as some of you mentioned... background story: I have never applied for PR as i never felt the urge to live in Canada after studying and living there for 6 years some of you would think I am a fool for not applying for PR/Citizenship but now i do think its worth it - anyhow too late to shed tears over whats history now.

Cheers and Good luck to all who have applied recently!