+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions regarding visitory visa from Islamabad for sponsored spouse

HAMZA111

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
hi everyone i need little help.

i landed in canada a month ago. I applied for PR card which will be issued at the end of july.

I want my parents to live with me in canada. which way i have to adopt for them, visit visa(can be extended with in canada easily) or super visa?

I have currently no job here in canada. I heard from someone that job is the requirement if i want to apply for their super visa. am i right?

your answers will be highly appreciated

regards
hamza

babbi

Apr 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ theshaikh

hi did u receive any letter from islamabad regarding sponsorship (for additional documents and new policecerficate)?
and
anything regarding ur wife visit visa?

theshaikh

Feb 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
07-06-2012
Med's Request
26-07-2013
Passport Req..
27-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2013
Hey babi,

CIC didnt contact me about any additional documents or police certificates, I had included the police certificates for my wife in our application already.

Regarding the Visit visa, it has been 68 days and we havnt heard anything from the high comission.

babbi said:
@ theshaikh

hi did u receive any letter from islamabad regarding sponsorship (for additional documents and new policecerficate)?
and
anything regarding ur wife visit visa?

Optimistic2

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
Hey Bro theshaikh
If I am not wrong we only need to send the following forms for the visit visa right

•Document Checklist [IMM 5484]
•Application for Temporary Resident Visa [IMM 5257]
•Family Information [IMM 5645]
•Schedule 1 - Application for Temporary Resident Visa [IMM 5257 - Schedule 1]

Could you please confirm. appreciated
Thanks!

theshaikh

Feb 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
07-06-2012
Med's Request
26-07-2013
Passport Req..
27-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2013
Confirmed, these are the forms required bro.

Optimistic2 said:
Hey Bro theshaikh
If I am not wrong we only need to send the following forms for the visit visa right

•Document Checklist [IMM 5484]
•Application for Temporary Resident Visa [IMM 5257]
•Family Information [IMM 5645]
•Schedule 1 - Application for Temporary Resident Visa [IMM 5257 - Schedule 1]

Could you please confirm. appreciated
Thanks!

theshaikh

Feb 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
07-06-2012
Med's Request
26-07-2013
Passport Req..
27-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2013
Np!
Keep us updated on how it goes. iA you will get it

Optimistic2 said:
Thankyou Sir!

babbi

Apr 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ theshaikh
i need ur help ..can u plz tell me that when we submitted the fee to the cpc missisuga husband fee(sponsor) is 75$ and principal applicant fee is 475$ .. and right of permanent residence of fee is 490$ is this a fee criteria for submitting fee.
reply me soon
thanks

theshaikh

Feb 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
07-06-2012
Med's Request
26-07-2013
Passport Req..
27-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2013
That amount is right, yes
babbi said:
@ theshaikh
so total it become 1040$.

theshaikh

Feb 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
07-06-2012
Med's Request
26-07-2013
Passport Req..
27-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2013
So.. just some news from my end. Just want to update you guys.
After 71 days, my wifes TRV was rejected today.
The Visa officer stated all the reasons under the son for the rejection.
I personally think that they did not even look at my wifes file and just stamped a rejection on it....

i hope everyone here sees better results inshAllah =)

babbi

Apr 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ theshaikh

so sad tht ur wife visit visa rejected...
i think i also have to prepare myself for this news...:(
whats the reasons for rejection?can u plz tell??

theshaikh

Feb 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
07-06-2012
Med's Request
26-07-2013
Passport Req..
27-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2013
Yeaa, my wife is taking it especially bad.
She was crying all afternoon(which is my night) and i had to be on the phone consoling her didnt sleep at all and now at work !!!

Reasons are as follows:
<b>
I have completed my assessment of your application and I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for a temporary resident visa, therefore, your application is refused.

In reaching a decision, an officer considers several factors, these may include the applicants travel and identity documents, reason for travel to Canada, contacts in Canada, financial means for the trip, ties to the country of residence(including immigration status, employment and family ties) and whether the applicant would be likely to leave Canada at the end of his/her authorized stay.

In acordance with Section A11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), any person wishing to become a temporary resident of Canada must satisfy an officer that he or she is not inadmissible to Canada and that the applicant will respect their conditions of admission and will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for his or her stay.

This application is closed. Pelase note that any new information you wish to provide must be submitted with a new application and processing fee......

</b>

So no ONE reason, but he just told us what the ACT says..
I provided them with a letter from her school stating she needs to be bak in september AND that her fees are paid. I provided bank statements, i provided an income of her dad and mine.. mine is well over 6 figures and her dads is in the crores/year since he runs some business endevours in punjab..
I also got letters from my MP AND got travel insurance and an affadavit and a notarized invitation letter etc etc etc

All i have to say is that its a big shock.. but Allah-hu-Alim, maybe this rejection is for some good which I cannot see now.
I really hope one of you other guys get it soon so I can learn from their experience..

For now im booking tickets to PK for august =p
3rd trip to PK this year ... 3rd trip to PK in the last 15 years !!
The jetlag is killin me

<b>EDIT</b>
Just spoke to my lawyer.. he is telling me that they probably didnt even read my application. He is starting the non-standard appeal process. He will be ordering the CAIPS notes for me first. Once we determine the reasons for rejection, he will be drafting a Re-evaluation appeal on the basis of some historic case off the CANLII database.. nonsense... This is unbelievable, all that effort for nothing.. zilch..

Also he has advised me that the non-standard appeal is the only route, since federal court appeals, while having a 90% success rate, take months to kick off, and since my wifes school starts in september, it would be too late...

babbi said:
@ theshaikh

is there any specific reason for rejection?

Optimistic2

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
theshaikh said:
Yeaa, my wife is taking it especially bad.
She was crying all afternoon(which is my night) and i had to be on the phone consoling her didnt sleep at all and now at work !!!

Reasons are as follows:
<b>
I have completed my assessment of your application and I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for a temporary resident visa, therefore, your application is refused.

In reaching a decision, an officer considers several factors, these may include the applicants travel and identity documents, reason for travel to Canada, contacts in Canada, financial means for the trip, ties to the country of residence(including immigration status, employment and family ties) and whether the applicant would be likely to leave Canada at the end of his/her authorized stay.

In acordance with Section A11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), any person wishing to become a temporary resident of Canada must satisfy an officer that he or she is not inadmissible to Canada and that the applicant will respect their conditions of admission and will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for his or her stay.

This application is closed. Pelase note that any new information you wish to provide must be submitted with a new application and processing fee......

</b>

So no ONE reason, but he just told us what the ACT says..
I provided them with a letter from her school stating she needs to be bak in september AND that her fees are paid. I provided bank statements, i provided an income of her dad and mine.. mine is well over 6 figures and her dads is in the crores/year since he runs some business endevours in punjab..
I also got letters from my MP AND got travel insurance and an affadavit and a notarized invitation letter etc etc etc

All i have to say is that its a big shock.. but Allah-hu-Alim, maybe this rejection is for some good which I cannot see now.
I really hope one of you other guys get it soon so I can learn from their experience..

For now im booking tickets to PK for august =p
3rd trip to PK this year ... 3rd trip to PK in the last 15 years !!
The jetlag is killin me

<b>EDIT</b>
Just spoke to my lawyer.. he is telling me that they probably didnt even read my application. He is starting the non-standard appeal process. He will be ordering the CAIPS notes for me first. Once we determine the reasons for rejection, he will be drafting a Re-evaluation appeal on the basis of some historic case off the CANLII database.. nonsense... This is unbelievable, all that effort for nothing.. zilch..

Also he has advised me that the non-standard appeal is the only route, since federal court appeals, while having a 90% success rate, take months to kick off, and since my wifes school starts in september, it would be too late...
I am so sorry to hear that Bro!! I am sure its something for good as you say that you cannot see. like i told you what our MP office guy said that out of 40 only 1 got the visa. i think they are done for this year quota already :( My case is definitely a lot weaker as my wife does not work and she does not have millions and properties. lets see.