26-07-2013
Passport Req..
27-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2013
Yes, you should be expecting the same.
Either CIC-M send the AOR and Approval/Transfer to CIC-I email, or they first send the AOR and then send the Approval/Transfer to CIC-I by mail a week later. If we have similar timeslines, you should have been transferred to ISB by now.

So yes, you should receive some sort of communication 1 week after the initial AOR friend.

immigratingcanada2011 said:
Thanks for that message. Really appreciate your help. I noticed we have very similar timelines for sponsorship application at Islamabad. I am seeing your AOR and File Transfer date are only 1 week apart. Should I expect to receive some communication 1 week after receiving Approval of Application to Sponsor e-mail from CPC Ottawa?

theshaikh

Feb 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
07-06-2012
Med's Request
26-07-2013
Passport Req..
27-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2013
I submitted all the original documents. I am surprised to see that CIC-I has already gone through your package. Maybe this is a new process to check completeness of a package.
Nevertheless, send out the requested documents as soon as you can.

babbi said:
hi everyone,
i need ur hepl, my husband received AOR on 30 may on which its written that he is eligble to sponsor me.( and my apploication was received on 23 feb to missiuga office)

today i received letter from high commission of canada islamabad in which they gave me papaer file no..and they need few my documnets within 30 days.(like phone bills ,emails etc)
i already subbmitted all my documents even my original birth certificate,marriage cerficate and all my orginal education documents.
i want to know that did u all whose embassy is islamabad submitted all these orignal documents.
plz reply me soon

theshaikh

Feb 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
07-06-2012
Med's Request
26-07-2013
Passport Req..
27-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2013
@invincible

-You should apply for the sponsorship process ASAP. The timelines seem to be slimming down, and it is the best way to get your wife PR status in Canada.

-Applying for the sponsorship will probably negatively impact her work permit. This is because from what I have seen, if your spouse has a sponsorship application in the process, then they usually do not grant temporary status, be it a TRV or Work Permit.

-There is definitely a higher chance of getting a STUDENT VISA if she gets an offer letter from your Uni.

-If you choose to apply for the TRV again, show Income, and assets. Show your t4, and tax assessment. If you do not work in Canada, then you need to show assets in an offshore account if possible. Make the purpose of your visit strong, she needs to show a clear reason, show bank statements from your wifes accounts and your accounts showing ~10k CAD for every 2 weeks of stay. Get her pay stubs from her work, show that she will be returning to Pakistan because she has only taken x weeks of vacation.
I am not sure what you can do to improve her travel history. I had the same problem, so I took my wife for our honeymoon and she got some stamps on her passport.

-In your case, its not entirely necessary to start talking to a lawyer, but if you want to get some help, by all means talk to some lawyers or immigration consultants.

invincible786 said:
AoA Everyone,

I was doing Google on "dual intent" and stumbled on this thread. My situation is not very different from a lot of people posting on this thread. But it has been very encouraging to read a lot of success stories that has renewed my hope. I wish that I had read this thread three months ago.

I am a PR of Canada since 2010 - got done with Nikkah in Pakistan in October 2011. I am a full-time PhD student in Canada and my wife has a stable job in Pakistan since May 2010. She does not have any travel history outside of Pakistan. We decided to apply for TRV, wait to get it, and then apply for an inland PR sponsor. We applied for a TRV for my wife on March 28, 2012 at the Islamabad Consulate with the following documents:

1. Invitation Letter that clearly stated a) intention to apply for PR at a later date, b) that I will bear all expenses, and c) she will be here only temporarily - for one month during summer vacations
2. Copy of my PR Card
3. Letter from my Supervisor (I am a full-time PhD student)
4. Financial Proof (letter from department with my full funding status ~33k CAD/year)
5. Wife's CNIC (copy)
6. Wife's Passport (copy)
7. Marriage Registration Certificate (copy)
8. Employment Letter (stating employment history since May 2010)
9. Approved Leave from her Employer (one month)

We got a reply back on June 21, 2012 with a rejection letter that states the following reasons:

1. Travel history
2. Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
3. Purpose of visit
4. Personal assets and financial status

The letter further stated that:

"I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure."

"You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your/your host's income and assets."

I now have three options in front of me:

1. Not to delay the out-of-Canada PR sponsorship application any further and submit it ASAP. (it is complete already)
2. My wife might be able to get a temporary research position with a university, if that is approved, she can apply for a temporary work permit/TRV.
3. Re-apply for TRV, once again stating the purpose is to visit me (her husband), with stronger documentation.

My questions to this community (and I am know there are many experienced members who can answer):

1. Should I wait to try alternative #2 or #3 before applying for PR sponsorship? Or should apply PR ASAP?
2. If I apply for PR sponsorship ASAP, will it help or negatively impact an application for TRV or work permit later on?
3. Is there a higher chance of getting a work permit with a valid offer letter from a Canadian university than a simple TRV, given she is my spouse and we intend to apply (or will already have applied) for PR?
3. If I decide to go with alternative #3 i.e., apply for a TRV again ASAP, given this rejection letter: How can I make my case stronger? What other documentation should I provide that can help change visa officer's mind and to convince him that she will return to Pakistan?
4. Should I be talking to a lawyer?

Thank you for reading my rather long post.

Awaiting your replies.

theshaikh

Feb 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
07-06-2012
Med's Request
26-07-2013
Passport Req..
27-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2013
Hey Shahnaz,
As long as you hold legal status in the UAE and I assume are a Pakistani citizen, you can apply through CIC-AbuDhabi.

shaznaz75 said:
This question is for @ TheShaikh like you mentioned in your post Pakistani citizens can apply at the HC in Abu dhabi ..do you have any idea what their status can be in the emirates? Do they have to be residents or tourists on a long visa can apply too??

As I was reading on their website they said anybody legally admitted in the emirates can apply...but still not sure....any help will be much appreciated thx

theshaikh

Feb 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
07-06-2012
Med's Request
26-07-2013
Passport Req..
27-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2013
Friends, if anyone else has applied for the TRV, please do share on this thread. I am very curious to see if any successful TRV's have recently been issued by CIC-Isb . So far, in my networks offline, all im seeing is rejections...
I myself am 54 days in and hope to hear from CIC-I within the next 2-3 weeks iA. Hoping and praying for the best, but preparing for the worst.

From the looks of it, it doesn't seem like CIC-I is interested in handing out visit visa's. They have probably reached their quota for the year.. So now they are giving the most absurd reasons to refuse applicants...

babbi

Apr 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ theshaikh
i also waiting for the news of visit visa...prepare for both news sad or good..

and @ theshaikh
in the letter which islamabad emabassy send me they need again my police certificate and other documents eg they ask that send the documnets if ur husband visit again after submitted application and they need pics too.
and in this letter they written that after these documents they can ask me for medical.

theshaikh

Feb 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
07-06-2012
Med's Request
26-07-2013
Passport Req..
27-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2013
Yea sis, pray that we get it!

Thats great that they are asking for additional proof from you. When was your application received by CIC-I? has it already been 9 months since your application was in ISB?

babbi said:
@ theshaikh
i also waiting for the news of visit visa...prepare for both news sad or good..

and @ theshaikh
in the letter which islamabad emabassy send me they need again my police certificate and other documents eg they ask that send the documnets if ur husband visit again after submitted application and they need pics too.
and in this letter they written that after these documents they can ask me for medical.

lucky_boy

Jun 25, 2012
Hello,

If it helps.

I am on a Post Grad WP in Canada, my wife in Pakistan, got med call two weeks ago on our second attempt at TRV (Alhumdullillah) from CHC-ISB.

babbi

Apr 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ theshaikh
my application received on CPC missisauga on 24 feb, 2012...got AOR on 30 may .and today i received a letter from Islamabad embassy for additional documents.

shah12

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visa Office......
ottawa/islamabad/london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2012
Doc's Request.
06-01-2014
AOR Received.
23-06-2012
File Transfer...
23-06-2012
Med's Request
03-01-2014
Med's Done....
07-01-2014
Interview........
no interview
Passport Req..
26-09-2014 sent 22-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2014 pp back with visa 22-11-2014
LANDED..........
24-11-2014
babbi said:
@ theshaikh
my application received on CPC missisauga on 24 feb, 2012...got AOR on 30 may .and today i received a letter from Islamabad embassy for additional documents.
hey my husband's file was received on feb24 as well got aor letter on may 23 so we r same boat ..:) i was just wondering about additional info they asked you for ? u didnt provide medical with your application ?

theshaikh

Feb 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
07-06-2012
Med's Request
26-07-2013
Passport Req..
27-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2013
MashAllah, finally some good news on this front

lucky_boy said:
Hello,

If it helps.

I am on a Post Grad WP in Canada, my wife in Pakistan, got med call two weeks ago on our second attempt at TRV (Alhumdullillah) from CHC-ISB.

theshaikh

Feb 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
07-06-2012
Med's Request
26-07-2013
Passport Req..
27-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2013
My application was received on feb 27th and got the AOR in mid May and a notice of transfer/approval on June 7th. Since then I have not heard from them. Was there something missing in your application sister?

babbi said:
@ theshaikh

babbi

Apr 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ theshaikh and shah12

i submitted each and every documnet(orignal) medical also.
in this letter they written that they starts working on my application and need additional documents and as i send them documents they agian contact me for medical and passport.
so luckily my husband visited after he received AOR so i send them airticket photocopy and pictures which they want.

theshaikh

Feb 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2012
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
30-05-2012
File Transfer...
07-06-2012
Med's Request
26-07-2013
Passport Req..
27-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LANDED..........
13-09-2013
Hey Lucky

What was the reason for rejection the first time around? and how did you address the cause of the rejection in your second application?

lucky_boy said:
Hello,

If it helps.

lucky_boy

Jun 25, 2012
Hello,
Ties and Travel History.

Provided them with:
- my ties to the country like property in my name, frequent visits to Pakistan and my all family is in Pakistan.
- a letter of recommendation by MP from Canada.
- almost $20,000 in my wife's account.
- an affidavit of support by my father for my wife. (proving ties)
- a cover letter, providing a rebuttal for each objection.
- phone call records (my canadian bills and her skype bills)(proving ties b/w us)

let me know if you need further help.