+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question: Appendix A (cic Manila)

SkilledPro

Mar 13, 2009
Hi,

I am sponsoring my spouse (I am a PR living in Canada). The visa office cc'd me to the email they sent to my spouse requesting the following:

* Fully Completed Appendix A (attached) for you and each of your family members, whether accompanying you to Canada or not. Passport details are not required for any family member who is not accompanying you to Canada. (Each person should complete his/her own form.) * Original Passport(s) for you and each family member who will accompany you to Canada

Question about Appendix A:

Do I need to fill-in the form as well as it says as enclosed in parenthesis "Each person should complete his/her own form.) ??? I am the sponsor and I am not accompanying my spouse to immigrate to Canada because I am already here in Canada.

We don't have any children.

Looking forward for someone to enlighten me about this Appendix. thanks

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
No, he/she will just put your name and such in the "Spouse/Common-law partner" column. You don't need to complete and submit a form.

cherryB

May 23, 2013
Hi, my husband received the same request, too. I just have several questions:

a. Is it okay to put N/A on the child column or is better to leave it blank? (we don't have children yet)
b. I'm sponsoring him to come to Canada, does this mean he does not need to include my passport details in the form?
c. Only one form is needed (for both us, right?)

Hoping someone can help us filling up the form..many thanks :)

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
cherryB said:
Hi, my husband received the same request, too. I just have several questions:

a. Is it okay to put N/A on the child column or is better to leave it blank? (we don't have children yet)
b. I'm sponsoring him to come to Canada, does this mean he does not need to include my passport details in the form?
c. Only one form is needed (for both us, right?)

Hoping someone can help us filling up the form..many thanks :)
1. Yes, put N/A in there, try not to leave any blanks if possible.
2. He does NOT need your passport information on the form as you are the sponsor.
3. Yes, only need ONE form for your husband. You do not need a form as you are the sponsor and already in Canada.

Conrad15

Apr 10, 2014
Congratulations if your application is approved. However I really need your help regarding the appendix A family information. I got the same requirement from CEM and been stuck on it. It says that they have attached the file but when I look at the email there is no attachment whatsoever about the appendix A. My question is do you have this form attached to your email when they sent it to you? Can you tell me what application should I send them.

I hope you can see this. THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
There is another thread posted by ECHAO about "Appendix A" that you might want to peruse. It contains discussion re: "Appendix A" and "Schedule A" (IMM5669). The poster (echao) received the same letter from VO asking (according to him/her) for a completed "Appendix A" among other documents. Appendix A is in fact a checklist as I understand it, one which does not need to be "completed / filled out" and "signed", unlike "Schedule A" which DOES need to be filled out AND signed. Can you confirm which form that they are asking you for? It doesn't make sense to me that it would be Appendix A, if that's what they are really telling you then I think you need to ask for clarification....and the rest of us have maybe seriously misread the Instructions??!!

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
See again echao's thread on "Appendix A" for more information...."Canuck-in-UK" posted a screen shot of the "Appendix A" that Manila sends out (you can verify). Unfortunately it also raises MORE questions i.e. as in how to complete the thing! Nothing like keeping it simple, thanks CIC. Why they would also call this doc Appendix A as well as the checklist with the same title is beyond me too.