+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question about document checklist

miraclesr

Sep 27, 2009
Good day to all! I have a question regarding the IMM 0008 document (Application for permanent residence in canada), under details of family members section. Pretty much this is the section where you declare family members that will accompany you in Canada. My scenario is, my new born son passed away 2 hours after birth because of complications. My question is should I declare him on family members section? It sounds like a dumb question but under Additional Family Information Section B, its stated CHILDREN (Include all sons and daughters, including all adopted and step children regardless of age or place of residence). Should I submit a death certificate when I declare my child?

Another thing, I was employed way back 2001 as an istructor for computer courses. It was an I.T. Training Center, now after I left, the company closed down because of low or no enrollees at all. This was my first job so I need something to authenticate it. I was thinking if getting an employment certificate but I cannot locate that company anymore. Should I declare it as part of my working history? The thing is, I do not have supporting documents to prove it.

One last question, this is under the educational background section, this is for a friend. He has an associate degree (probably 2-3 years) of college education. The thing here is that he was able to complete and get his diploma after 5 years. The reason behind is that he got freelance jobs to support himself. His question is, how many years of college education did he attend? Should he put 5 or 3 years?

I hope you guys can help me out as I am so damn confused.

Thanks

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
I am not sure what to answer for your first question. Regarding your employment, I think you need to include that in your employment history and give a proper explanation letter to them for not being able to provide verification letter from there. Regarding your friend's education, i think it is 3 years and not 5.