Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
This is what I see in my profile for Candian Equivalent and can't see Bachelors 3 and 4 years just see one. Which one do you suggest is good for my Bachelors and Master as per the ECA I shared?

None, or less than Secondary(High School)
Secondary Diploma (high School graduation)
One- year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute.
Two Year Program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute.
Bachelor's Degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute.
Master's Degree, or professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession
Doctoral level university degree(PhD)
for Canadian Equivalency you have to select on both degrees as below..
Bachelor's Degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute.

but under degree program, i think another similar option will be there , in that you can choose Bachelors and Masters..

singhbaba

Sep 29, 2017
for Canadian Equivalency you have to select on both degrees as below..

but under degree program, i think another similar option will be there , in that you can choose Bachelors and Masters..

I am not able to find any.

The reason for this confusion is when I filled my EE profile according to option 2

Indian Degree: Bachelors ........Canadian Equivalent: Bachelors
Indian Degree: Master .............Canadian Equivalent: Bachelors

with the above option it awarded me 451 points whereas when I check CRS calculator I was scoring 418 (selected highest degree as Bachelors). This is where I stopped to check if I was filing the application correctly.

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
I am not able to find any.

The reason for this confusion is when I filled my EE profile according to option 2

Indian Degree: Bachelors ........Canadian Equivalent: Bachelors
Indian Degree: Master .............Canadian Equivalent: Bachelors

with the above option it awarded me 451 points whereas when I check CRS calculator I was scoring 418 (selected highest degree as Bachelors). This is where I stopped to check if I was filing the application correctly.
the selection you mentioned above is correct..

because you have two degrees, probably you got points for Two or more Degrees , which gives 25 additional points, not sure what you have done with CRS calculator to get less points..

singhbaba

Sep 29, 2017
the selection you mentioned above is correct..

because you have two degrees, probably you got points for Two or more Degrees , which gives 25 additional points, not sure what you have done with CRS calculator to get less points..
In the CRS calculator I selected my degree as Bachelors because that's what it said in my ECA. So by the look of what I said you are saying its correct way to fill it?

Secondly when you say your WES Canadian Equivalency Summary had Bachelors (3 years) and Bachelors ( 4 years) did you completed 5 years of education which is 3 years Graduation + 2 years Post graduation or was it 4 years graduaction + 2 years PG?

Mine is 3 + 2.

Reactions: special3220

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
In the CRS calculator I selected my degree as Bachelors because that's what it said in my ECA. So by the look of what I said you are saying its correct way to fill it?

Secondly when you say your WES Canadian Equivalency Summary had Bachelors (3 years) and Bachelors ( 4 years) did you completed 5 years of education which is 3 years Graduation + 2 years Post graduation or was it 4 years graduaction + 2 years PG?

Mine is 3 + 2.
correct i completed 3+2 , WES says 3 & 4 , which is confusing i know, but it is not a problem.. thats how they give report for most masters..

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017

Mine is 3 + 2.
ok, i guess in CRS calculator you only selected only Bachelors (one degree.). more points given for Two degrees, if you update in the EE profile correctly it will show correct points..

In CRS calculator, choose Two or more degrees option, and see it matches your profile points..

singhbaba

Sep 29, 2017
ok, i guess in CRS calculator you only selected only Bachelors (one degree.). more points given for Two degrees, if you update in the EE profile correctly it will show correct points..

In CRS calculator, choose Two or more degrees option, and see it matches your profile points..
But I was told that I should select only one degree because both my degree are evaluated as one Bachelors degree. If I choose two or more the points are same like you said.

However if I have understood you correctly. You got the WES evaluation as bachelors (3 years) and Bachelors (4 years) and you selected two or more in my case as it shows ECA as one Bachelors( 4 years) I have written to WES to get it corrected. Lets see what they say. Did you contacted them to get yours corrected or they mentioned it right when you got your ECA?

However the way I am filling it correct(mentioned above) as you too did the same way right?

singhbaba

Sep 29, 2017
WES evaluating masters into bachelors ( four years) is correct.. they do that for certain master degree.. but my summary listed both degrees like below..

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY:

Bachelor's degree(three years) and Bachelor's degree(four years)
Quick question do you also have this remarks in your WES ECA

Remarks - The equivalency of this credential is stated in conjunction with study previously completed(See #1) above

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
But I was told that I should select only one degree because both my degree are evaluated as one Bachelors degree. If I choose two or more the points are same like you said.

However if I have understood you correctly. You got the WES evaluation as bachelors (3 years) and Bachelors (4 years) and you selected two or more in my case as it shows ECA as one Bachelors( 4 years) I have written to WES to get it corrected. Lets see what they say. Did you contacted them to get yours corrected or they mentioned it right when you got your ECA?

However the way I am filling it correct(mentioned above) as you too did the same way right?
please check other posts here.. don't loose points please which you should get.. based on the WES report you have provided, you are eligible to file under two or more degrees.. but as i said , if you fill the EE profile correcrtly, you will get points based on what you selected.. but again as per your report, you are eligible for two or more degrees.. because your MASTER degree is not evaluated as masters by WES..

if your Master degree is evaluated as masters then you get even more points just for masters.. but less than master there is option for two or more degrees.. please verify and make sure you select correct option..

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
Quick question do you also have this remarks in your WES ECA

Remarks - The equivalency of this credential is stated in conjunction with study previously completed(See #1) above
looks like a standard text, no issues with the remarks..

singhbaba

Sep 29, 2017
WES evaluating masters into bachelors ( four years) is correct.. they do that for certain master degree.. but my summary listed both degrees like below..

Bachelor's degree(three years) and Bachelor's degree(four years)
Not sure if you missed looking at my question do you have this mentioned in your ECA

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
Not sure if you missed looking at my question do you have this mentioned in your ECA

no my report did not have that remarks..

singhbaba

Sep 29, 2017
no my report did not have that remarks..
Hi There,

Thanks for your advice really appreciate it. I contacted WES and they changed my ECA. Now my ECA looks like this.

Bachelor's degree(Three years) and Bachelor's degree(four years)

Credential Analysis:

1 Credential auth: Official transcripts were sent directly by institution.
Credential: Bachelor of Computer Applications
Awarded By: *******
Major/specialization: Computer Applications
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree(three years)

2 Credential auth: Official transcripts were sent directly by institution.
Credential: Master of Science
Major/specialization: Information Technology
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelors degree (four years)

They even removed the Remark of The equivalency of this credential is stated in conjunction with study previously completed(See #1) above

So now as you said I would select the below format under education, please confirm if that's what you did too:

Indian Degree: Bachelors ........Canadian Equivalent: Bachelor's Degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute.

Indian Degree: Master .............Canadian Equivalent: Bachelor's Degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute.

Appreciate your support let me know if you are in Toronto :)

Reactions: ahmdjunaid

gotodxb

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Passport Req..
29-09-2017
LANDED..........
25-10-2017
Hi There,

Thanks for your advice really appreciate it. I contacted WES and they changed my ECA. Now my ECA looks like this.

Bachelor's degree(Three years) and Bachelor's degree(four years)

Credential Analysis:

1 Credential auth: Official transcripts were sent directly by institution.
Credential: Bachelor of Computer Applications
Major/specialization: Computer Applications
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree(three years)

2 Credential auth: Official transcripts were sent directly by institution.
Credential: Master of Science
Major/specialization: Information Technology
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelors degree (four years)

They even removed the Remark of The equivalency of this credential is stated in conjunction with study previously completed(See #1) above

So now as you said I would select the below format under education, please confirm if that's what you did too:

Indian Degree: Bachelors ........Canadian Equivalent: Bachelor's Degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute.

Indian Degree: Master .............Canadian Equivalent: Bachelor's Degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute.

Appreciate your support let me know if you are in Toronto :)
yes, thats the option i selected..