+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration - Skilled Worker Program

rithu

Aug 3, 2011
Thank you for your help stillhope. will inform about this to my friend. He will be joining french classes and we are planning to go through David cohen :)

Do you have any idea about them (David)?

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
rithu said:
Thank you for your help stillhope. will inform about this to my friend. He will be joining french classes and we are planning to go through David cohen :)

Do you have any idea about them (David)? i m also his client and three other my known applied through him.

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
rithu said:
What a relief...thank you so much for your help still hope.. All the best for your visa!!! :) thanks, and good luck and good night its almost 12.30 in india.

rithu

Aug 3, 2011
Yeah.. Goodnight :) Thank you for your help.. If you can help me with your email address it will be greatful help so that i can send you email if i require any information.

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
rithu said:
Yeah.. Goodnight :) Thank you for your help.. If you can help me with your email address it will be greatful help so that i can send you email if i require any information.
check your Pm

Brrandon

May 17, 2011
Brrandon said:
I have a question and I am hoping someone on this forum can answer it. I applied for my CSQ in August '11 (sent August 11 via U.S. mail) and I'm not really sure of the receipt time though I'd imagine it was probably around August 20th or so given my distance from Montréal. Immigration Québec charged my credit card on September 20th 2011 and I have yet to receive an acknowledgement or a file number. Anyone know if I will be receiving that soon? Also, is it typical for one's file to be opened and charged in just under a month? It seems quick. What factors could've influenced it being processed so quickly?

Another question I have is, do studies in French at the secondary and post secondary level count towards proficiency? I have spoken French since I was around 10 (parents and self taught initially) and I studied it all throughout high school and I took 24 hrs (slightly over a minor and never anything lower than an "A.") in university. I received credit for five classes via "advanced placement" due to having an already high proficiency and this is reflected on my transcript. Do you think this will suffice?

I appreciate any responses to my question!

Thanks
Anyone have any information or insight?

blackcap99

Sep 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
STILLHOPE said:
Guys

my details are as under

I am a graduate Civil Engineer (4 Year B.Sc. Civil Engineering) with more than 4 years of experience. I want to apply for QSC. Please Clarify and rectify me if i am wrong in points calculation.

1. Qualification (4 years B.Sc. Civil Engineering) : 10
2. Area of Training (Section C) : 06
3. Work Experience (4 Years) : 08
4. Age (30 Years) : 16
5. English Language (Overall Band 6) : 04
6. French Language (Beginner High) : 06
7. Financials (Sufficient) : 01
8. Adaptability (Interview) : 06
9. Spouse Age (26 Years) : 03
10. Spouse Qualification (4 Years Bachelor of Computer Arts) : 03

Total Points 63
Required Points 63 (For Spouse along with)

please correct me if i am wrong.this is fine and secondly when your wife completed her degree, if she completed with in 5 years then u can add 2 more points for her bach. i shall be very thankful to you guys.

Regards

Engr. Rizwan Ali
thank you STILLHOPE

I also want to know that if Ielts is compulsory for claiming points against English language or proof of medium of study as English is sufficient. i have done my B.Sc. Civil Engineering and medium of study was obviously English. In this way how many point I will get for English language.

Secondly My Wife did her bachelors of Computer Arts (4 Years Study at University Level) in 2008. How many points we claim against my wife's qualification + bachelor within last 5 years.

As per my case should I submit my application right now or first I should clear french and English courses.

How much fee I will have to deposit.

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
blackcap99 said:
thank you STILLHOPE

I also want to know that if Ielts is compulsory for claiming points against English language or proof of medium of study as English is sufficient. i have done my B.Sc. Civil Engineering and medium of study was obviously English. In this way how many point I will get for English language. if u prove them that your studies and in work place ,first language of communication is english then no need to appear in ielts. you can claim 6 out of 6 points for your english

Secondly My Wife did her bachelors of Computer Arts (4 Years Study at University Level) in 2008. How many points we claim against my wife's qualification + bachelor within last 5 years. because she did her bach with in last 5 year so she will get 3 for her bach and plus 2 extra points for her area of training points so total for her studies and aot = 5

As per my case should I submit my application right now or first I should clear french and English courses u need 57 points to get interview but at the moment as per my calculation u got 55 so better both of u can pass delf a1 exam atleast then u can send your application.
do u have any kid, if yes then u can send your application straight away. if not then better do what i said.

How much fee I will have to deposit.

challenge

Sep 13, 2011
Dear friends,

I'm wondering about english language standards for CSQ. It requires either TOEIC, IELTS or TOFEL but i find TOEIC is much easier than other esp. IELTS, then is there any priorities if we submit IELTS certificate or will it be less impressed with TOEIC?

kittu_vvk

Jul 10, 2011
STILLHOPE said:
Hi Stillhope
I've been reading previous exchanges on this thread and i have the following questions:

1.training. i'm going to apply with my MA.HRM but i graduated in sept.2006. that is more than five years. how many points do i get? do i lose points because i graduated more than 5 years ago? i've seen HRM is listed as a priority area and i'm also working in HRM now (for over one year). does that count? please explain it to me coz it's a bit complicated and i don't understand well how it works. just for your curious you will get 12 points for your mba and 6 points for your area of training becasue luckily you are working in human resource detp.( i will explain you in detail later)
2. with this background do you think my application will be treated as a priority? which is your visa office if so how long does it take to get an AOR and/or interview date depend upon every visa offices?
3. is it a must to send have a separate bank account/statement where your salary gets remitted? i've seen that issue in some prevous discussions i told u no need to send any banks statement, just only that form, may be some peoples just misguided. You are already sending your pay slips for last 3-6months that is enough to judge your finances. if they want they will check your statement at the time of interview. and one more thing my visa officer refused to check my balance in my interview so dont take tension about bank statements.
4.Fourth question about ielts. must i take the exam? i've studied in english all my life and got my MA studying full time in the UK. is that not enough? i already have a letter from my university stating this and i was planning to include a letter with my application explaining why i think my english is sufficient but now i see from discussions that it's kind of necessary to take ielts. any advice? thanks no need for ielts that letter is enough and give one more letter from your employer that first language is in your work place is english

Dear Stillhope,

I would like to know that if any HR professional got selected for CSQ, because in India Y axix(one of the best consultancy) people are telling that HR is not in priority list, really I am confused. Pls suggest me if any body applied in this forum.

One more suggestion required I am working as a SAP HR end user so do I apply under IT category? (if there is no demand for HR)

Kittu

toonka

Sep 24, 2011
Brother Stillhope. Thank you for reply

I finished masters degree in 2004 in Singapore. Then I go to Ireland in 2006. I start work in Hotel 6-7 months ago. Before this I have no work experience because I live in Ireland illegally and was doing only odd jobs. I did not get deported. I go back home voluntary. Will this affect my application. I know no french but I start to learn soon.

my details
age 36 yrs
masters-hotel management(finish 2004)
experience 6 months (hotel).
no french but will learn.

please tell me if I have points. Also tell me if I can get denied because I live in ireland illegally for 6 years.Thank you brother

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
Brrandon said:
I have a question and I am hoping someone on this forum can answer it. I applied for my CSQ in August '11 (sent August 11 via U.S. mail) and I'm not really sure of the receipt time though I'd imagine it was probably around August 20th or so given my distance from Montréal. Immigration Québec charged my credit card on September 20th 2011 and I have yet to receive an acknowledgement or a file number. Anyone know if I will be receiving that soon? Also, is it typical for one's file to be opened and charged in just under a month? It seems quick. What factors could've influenced it being processed so quickly? if they charged your credit card then u will expect your aor within in 3 weeks, because some time they send aor on regular mail which takes areound 1-4 weeks and secondly check your email and spam mail also, because some time they send bye email but it goes to spam folder so check every day your post and email.

Another question I have is, do studies in French at the secondary and post secondary level count towards proficiency? I have spoken French since I was around 10 (parents and self taught initially) and I studied it all throughout high school and I took 24 hrs (slightly over a minor and never anything lower than an "A.") in university. I received credit for five classes via "advanced placement" due to having an already high proficiency and this is reflected on my transcript. Do you think this will suffice i dont have any idea about level, if u can explain that what level u have in delf then we can guide you better. but try to learn and learn french because it will help u in canada, so don't think that is sufficient.

?

I appreciate any responses to my question!

Thanks