+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Application- Nija Applicants and other Africans lets share experience

cares

Dec 15, 2011
Good day to you all,
Mine is Manitoba nominee programme but I want advice from all source
I have been asked to undergo DNA test to prove parent-child between me and my included dependant which are my ex-husband my two kids. The problem is we are divorced and he has remarried and the kids custody has been given to me which I have all the documents, I don't know how to go about this DNA since we are no longer together, I don't know if I have to contact the embassy and explain this to them or not. Please advice if I will need a lawyer to contact them with my divorce paper, don't really know what to do and they haven't send me any medical requset letter except this DNA. Please advice on what to do cos I dont want anything that wl affect my application I have been on it since 2008.
Thanks and God bless

talk2melas

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
QSW:October 3rd,2013. Federal : February 16th 2016
Nomination.....
15-02-2015
AOR Received.
QSW:08-04-2014, Federal 20-02-2016
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
26-03-2016
Interview........
QSW: 15-02-2015
Passport Req..
20--04-3016
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hello Cares,
I don't think you need the assistance of a lawyer, or even your husband.What they want to establish is whether those children are yours.If they still need to confirm the DNA test with your husband, then contact him and coax him to do the test for the sake of the children.Appeal to him.

talk2melas

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
QSW:October 3rd,2013. Federal : February 16th 2016
Nomination.....
15-02-2015
AOR Received.
QSW:08-04-2014, Federal 20-02-2016
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
26-03-2016
Interview........
QSW: 15-02-2015
Passport Req..
20--04-3016
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Great man, you have to wait patiently for interview invitation or waiver.Is your profession among the one to be prioritised? also, it serve really serve you to start learning French.You can't predict if the immigration officer will welcome you anwsering him in English.There are a lot of internet resources you can utilise if you don't have time to go to alliance Francais.

concretejungle

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
@Razakng: Has your account been debited now?

Great Man said:
Dear all,

Nice to meet you all. ijust joined this forum and i am very impressed with the postings that i have read so far.

I sent my documents to paris earlier this year and received a letter from them in August that my credit card was rejected due to reasons not explicitly specified in their letter. Afterwards, i sent another one to them and realized that they were able to take their fees around ending of last month.

However, ever since the fees was taken, i have not received any letter for interview neither have i received any email for an update on my application.

Furthermore, i will also like to mention that i am yet to register for french lectures as i have been very busy doing other things...in view of this, kindly confirm if it is not going to be an issue for me during the interview as i have heard people say that the interview is usually conducted in french language?

kindly advise.

@ razakng....you can try GT bank if the credit card stuff is still giving you issues...they issue canadian cheques.

Razaqng

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/02/2011
Doc's Request.
22/08/2011(Credit Card Refused)
AOR Received.
22/08/2011
concretejungle said:
@ Razakng: Has your account been debited now?
@concretejungle

Am still expctng d debit on my a/c.I tink it might be around January 2012 due Greatman's experience,a forum member.Am hoping for d best anyway.Tanx broda and wish all forum members of dis thred a mery xmas and hapy newyear in advance.God bles.

nbq09jfu

Dec 27, 2011
Razaqng said:
I am willing to assist anyone from nija and other African countries in their applications and also to learn the experiences of anyone.I am mailing my application on the 1st of Sept,2011.French writers are welcome onboard.cheers.Razaqng
Hello Razaqng, i have been doing some research on all the provinces and i must say you are right that only Quebec has a points based system which makes it easier for us who do not have relatives. Please do you know how i can begin with a Quebec provincial normination

Razaqng

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/02/2011
Doc's Request.
22/08/2011(Credit Card Refused)
AOR Received.
22/08/2011
nbq09jfu said:
Hello Razaqng, i have been doing some research on all the provinces and i must say you are right that only Quebec has a points based system which makes it easier for us who do not have relatives. Please do you know how i can begin with a Quebec provincial normination
Pls visit their web site via google,just type Quebec immigration and click d option wit home.Gud luk.

Great Man

Dec 14, 2011
I received a letter from Paris Office last week. From my own deduction (as everything in that letter was written in French), i think it's just an acknowledgement of the receipt of my documents and payment.

However, I still hope to take it to an interpreter over the weekend for a proper interpretation.

Please from the experience of people that have passed this stage, how long do you think it would it take them to invite us for interview all things being equal?

Compliments of the season to everyone...

sanusiremi

Oct 2, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
JUNE 7 2011
AOR Received.
25TH OCT 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
12-12-11
Med's Done....
19/12/11
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
15/02/2012
VISA ISSUED...
20/02/2012
LANDED..........
03/03/2012
Btw 2 to 3 months if an interview is required. Mine acknowledgment was in feb, interview date was given in April and it was scheduled for june. By mine is Quebec skilled worker

Great Man

Dec 14, 2011
sanusiremi said:
Btw 2 to 3 months if an interview is required. Mine acknowledgment was in feb, interview date was given in April and it was scheduled for june. By mine is Quebec skilled worker
Thanks sanusiremi for your response.That means i still have some time for french lessons as i hope to enrol in AF early next year.I don't want to be caught unawares so i think the earlier i start my french lessons, the better for me.
Are there instances where applicants are exempted from interviews? If yes, what are the criteria for exempting one from such interviews?
Are you in Quebec now or still in Naija?
Thanks once again.

SUNSHINE4U

Star Member
Nov 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
29/04/2015
Great Man said:
Thanks sanusiremi for your response.That means i still have some time for french lessons as i hope to enrol in AF early next year.I don't want to be caught unawares so i think the earlier i start my french lessons, the better for me.
Are there instances where applicants are exempted from interviews? If yes, what are the criteria for exempting one from such interviews?
Are you in Quebec now or still in Naija?
Thanks once again.
Hi,
I received my AOR in August and till now I have not been called for interview.This is more dan 3 mths just keeping my finger crossed.THe last mission list dat was published dere was non interview for Niegria. I hope they have not forgotten abouit us in Nija.

Great Man

Dec 14, 2011
SUNSHINE4U said:
Hi,
I received my AOR in August and till now I have not been called for interview.This is more dan 3 mths just keeping my finger crossed.THe last mission list dat was published dere was non interview for Niegria. I hope they have not forgotten abouit us in Nija.
Perhaps,there are lots of applications from Nigeria and they probably have backlogs to deal with. I hope you have started receiving French lectures as i intend to start doing so with effect from January by God's grace. Please can you post the link to the mission list as mentioned by you and can you also confirm the language they used in communicating with you (was it in English or French); all the letters that i received from them have been in French.

SUNSHINE4U

Star Member
Nov 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
29/04/2015
The AOR was written in french. And I did the Delf A1 and A2 ist wk of december at alliance francaise but de result is not out yet.