Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
15/02/2012
VISA ISSUED...
20/02/2012
LANDED..........
03/03/2012
just came across the experience of immigrants in canada on this page. www.straight.com/article-213260/educated-immigrants-stuck-survival-jobs. it is really discouraging. pls read up the experiences of this fellows

Great Man

Dec 14, 2011
sanusiremi said:
just came across the experience of immigrants in canada on this page. www.straight.com/article-213260/educated-immigrants-stuck-survival-jobs. it is really discouraging. pls read up the experiences of this fellows
This is very true sanusiremi as the link truly reflects what many immigrants are facing abroad but hey, we need to be sincere with ourselves by asking ourselves the right questions e.g do we have the right qualifications and education to compete with some of these guys abroad?

If you were an employer, would you employ someone that is coming from a country with poor educational system (e.g Nigeria) and drop a well educated canadian citizen for a specialized job? Am sure the answer is No! We have many computer science graduates but how many computer science departments in Nigerian universities have computer systems? Isn't that an irony? Students don't even get to do any hands-on because there is no tool to work with.

Personally, I believe that migrating to another country involves a lot of planning which should be centered around getting the best education in the country you are moving to. Yes, some of the victims claimed to have gone to school and even did their masters etc but did they mention the name of schools they graduated from?

If you check out www.LinkedIn.com, you will be amazed by the kind of positions and jobs Nigerians are holding in Canada. LinkedIn is a professional networking site where professionals display their profile and connect with one another for job opportunities etc. It's similar to facebook but far better because it is strictly for professionals.

Personally, i would not get my CSQ and expect that i will start working immediately i get to Quebec....I don't think it works that way. However,if a job comes my way, I will surely jump at it. I believe that targetting a top school in Quebec e.g Mc Gill should be my priority and then start looking for job after my graduation. I once applied for a job in Canada sometimes ago right from my desk here in Nigeria and the feedback was that as soon as i get my work permit, i should contact them again. The recruitment agent saw my profile and felt that i could do the job but i didn't have work permit.

I have a friend that is in a top rated school in Canada and has never for once regrretted his action. He entered Canada with student visa and went straight to school. Without mincing words, even though he is yet to graduate there is a full time job waiting for him as soon as he finishes. He said over there your grades speak for you and the school supports you if they see that you are good.Note that note all schools do this,only the reputable ones do.

Although some of these schools are very expensive but it all depends on what you want for yourself post graduation.One of the key advantages of having PR (permanent residency) is that you are not paying international fees but home fees and that wil help a long way in reducing your tuition fees.

I personally know 2 guys that went to top schools in US and they are doing very well and i also know some that went to some others and they are not finding it funny.

We need to consider the fact that life is not a bed of roses and that is why we need to take what i call ''calculated risk'' especially when you are moving to a foreign country. If you do not have qualitative work experience and globally recoginzed certification, then you must target one of the top schools in Canada. Above all, we need to ask God to guide our paths for divine direction.

Razaqng

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/02/2011
Doc's Request.
22/08/2011(Credit Card Refused)
AOR Received.
22/08/2011
Great Man said:
This is very true sanusiremi as the link truly reflects what many immigrants are facing abroad but hey, we need to be sincere with ourselves by asking ourselves the right questions e.g do we have the right qualifications and education to compete with some of these guys abroad?

If you were an employer, would you employ someone that is coming from a country with poor educational system (e.g Nigeria) and drop a well educated canadian citizen for a specialized job? Am sure the answer is No! We have many computer science graduates but how many computer science departments in Nigerian universities have computer systems? Isn't that an irony? Students don't even get to do any hands-on because there is no tool to work with.

Personally, I believe that migrating to another country involves a lot of planning which should be centered around getting the best education in the country you are moving to. Yes, some of the victims claimed to have gone to school and even did their masters etc but did they mention the name of schools they graduated from?

If you check out www.LinkedIn.com, you will be amazed by the kind of positions and jobs Nigerians are holding in Canada. LinkedIn is a professional networking site where professionals display their profile and connect with one another for job opportunities etc. It's similar to facebook but far better because it is strictly for professionals.

Personally, i would not get my CSQ and expect that i will start working immediately i get to Quebec....I don't think it works that way. However,if a job comes my way, I will surely jump at it. I believe that targetting a top school in Quebec e.g Mc Gill should be my priority and then start looking for job after my graduation. I once applied for a job in Canada sometimes ago right from my desk here in Nigeria and the feedback was that as soon as i get my work permit, i should contact them again. The recruitment agent saw my profile and felt that i could do the job but i didn't have work permit.

I have a friend that is in a top rated school in Canada and has never for once regrretted his action. He entered Canada with student visa and went straight to school. Without mincing words, even though he is yet to graduate there is a full time job waiting for him as soon as he finishes. He said over there your grades speak for you and the school supports you if they see that you are good.Note that note all schools do this,only the reputable ones do.

Although some of these schools are very expensive but it all depends on what you want for yourself post graduation.One of the key advantages of having PR (permanent residency) is that you are not paying international fees but home fees and that wil help a long way in reducing your tuition fees.

I personally know 2 guys that went to top schools in US and they are doing very well and i also know some that went to some others and they are not finding it funny.

We need to consider the fact that life is not a bed of roses and that is why we need to take what i call ''calculated risk'' especially when you are moving to a foreign country. If you do not have qualitative work experience and globally recoginzed certification, then you must target one of the top schools in Canada. Above all, we need to ask God to guide our paths for divine direction.
That's a great point frm Great man.Knw what u want,knw hw to get wat u want and giv it ur very best and u shall surely get it or even sometin beta.

Expect no 1 to giv u gold without any action or effort on ur part.Pple would only go to where they get increase of satisfactn or utility.

Wish every1 best of luck.

sanusiremi

Oct 2, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
JUNE 7 2011
AOR Received.
25TH OCT 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
12-12-11
Med's Done....
19/12/11
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
15/02/2012
VISA ISSUED...
20/02/2012
LANDED..........
03/03/2012
@ azaqng. Thanks so much. Dat was inspiring. pls can u give me ur phn no so we cld talk? Already did my medicals and paid my landing fees but was so discourage yesterday after going throl d experience of some immigrants in canada.

@ egrace pls I need a firm dat does settlement services for new immigrants e.g accommodation, airport pickup, documention etc) I hope to be on my way to canada latest by march 2012.

Razaqng

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/02/2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
22/08/2011
sanusiremi said:
@ azaqng. Thanks so much. Dat was inspiring. pls can u give me ur phn no so we cld talk? Already did my medicals and paid my landing fees but was so discourage yesterday after going throl d experience of some immigrants in canada.

@ egrace pls I need a firm dat does settlement services for new immigrants e.g accommodation, airport pickup, documention etc) I hope to be on my way to canada latest by march 2012.
@Sanusiremi,check ur pm,i've sent my phone to you.Cheers.

frenchbase

Jan 5, 2012
hello sanusiremi & Ruzaqny,

sanusiremi- congratulation on your progress so far.
i am a Nigerian too but also have my French nationality. i just got interested in moving out of France recently. i would like to know if i have to notarize my Nigerian certificates or can just add them to my files? thanks guys

SUNSHINE4U

Star Member
Nov 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
29/04/2015
frenchbase said:
hello sanusiremi & Ruzaqny,

sanusiremi- congratulation on your progress so far.
i am a Nigerian too but also have my French nationality. i just got interested in moving out of France recently. i would like to know if i have to notarize my Nigerian certificates or can just add them to my files? thanks guys
[/quote
All documents to be sent shuld be notarised.

sanusiremi

Oct 2, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
JUNE 7 2011
AOR Received.
25TH OCT 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
12-12-11
Med's Done....
19/12/11
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
15/02/2012
VISA ISSUED...
20/02/2012
LANDED..........
03/03/2012
Your schools will have to notarize copies of your certificates as Certified true copy of original. Best of luck

Great Man

Dec 14, 2011
sanusiremi said:
Your schools will have to notarize copies of your certificates as Certified true copy of original. Best of luck
I think going to the court (office of the magistrate) is another option because that is what i did when i wanted to notarize all my documents (including certificates).

sanusiremi

Oct 2, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
JUNE 7 2011
AOR Received.
25TH OCT 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
12-12-11
Med's Done....
19/12/11
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
15/02/2012
VISA ISSUED...
20/02/2012
LANDED..........
03/03/2012
Well u are right. Its another option. I also did that. But when I was filing for qualification assessment, that option was rejected. They insisted on the school doing it. But since what u are filing for is the initial immigration submission, the courts wld be acceptable to them

Great Man

Dec 14, 2011
sanusiremi said:
Well u are right. Its another option. I also did that. But when I was filing for qualification assessment, that option was rejected. They insisted on the school doing it. But since what u are filing for is the initial immigration submission, the courts wld be acceptable to them
Oh!I see...Thanks for the info. That means I should be ready to travel long hours just to get that done when the time comes.

Please were you asked to do the same for your O'levels certs as well?

sanusiremi

Oct 2, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
JUNE 7 2011
AOR Received.
25TH OCT 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
12-12-11
Med's Done....
19/12/11
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
15/02/2012
VISA ISSUED...
20/02/2012
LANDED..........
03/03/2012
For immigration submission, no. But for qualification assessment, they only required my university certificates.

Razaqng

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/02/2011
Doc's Request.