+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

adi22

Sep 10, 2013
Geochaddy said:
Well you are being both awful and nasty as well as insensitive. I am sure when you started to learn french you could not navigate a telephone system, well now you are an expert. Learning the language is a process. This forum was meant for us to support and encourage each other, not to belittle noone so please be patient with the rest of us who have just started the process. It took you quite a while to get to C1, we will get there too but with time.
Well said Geo!! :)

rizwan_raw

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Gandhinagar / Gujarat / India
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
NOC Code......
C018
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2012
Doc's Request.
Clear
AOR Received.
12-03-2013
IELTS Request
Sent IELTS in initial application, without DELF
Med's Request
Waiting....
Interview........
God will waive it.....
Passport Req..
Waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Hopefully in Dec 2014
swamik said:
You may not be the only person in this case, there are many who have gone down in AOT points and everyone of them would have relied on the French points too, unfortunately, either its good or bad we have to accept it, and look for opportunities arising on
Unfortunately, i am in the same scenario too.... last-year October i put up my file and was scoring 66 points and got my AOR in mar 2013. I was expecting an interview weaver buy to my bad-luck the points system changed and now i think i will need to learn and apply for french B2 as i lost 6 points in AOT from 12 to 6 in Code C018 Business management.

proreo

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rizwan_raw said:
Unfortunately, i am in the same scenario too.... last-year October i put up my file and was scoring 66 points and got my AOR in mar 2013. I was expecting an interview weaver buy to my bad-luck the points system changed and now i think i will need to learn and apply for french B2 as i lost 6 points in AOT from 12 to 6 in Code C018 Business management.
When you initially sent you application, did you include any French language results?

rizwan_raw

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
NOC Code......
C018
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2012
Doc's Request.
Clear
AOR Received.
12-03-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Waiting....
Interview........
God will waive it.....
Passport Req..
Waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Hopefully in Dec 2014
proreo said:
When you initially sent you application, did you include any French language results?
No, I did not include French as i was scoring 66 points without french. i am married and thought it would be enough until new rules came and made me upset :eek:.

proreo

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rizwan_raw said:
No, I did not include French as i was scoring 66 points without french. i am married and thought it would be enough until new rules came and made me upset :eek:.
You should get priority, however, if you don't include French, you see what happens...

Does your AOR indicate in any way that you shall receive priority?

rizwan_raw

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
NOC Code......
C018
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2012
Doc's Request.
Clear
AOR Received.
12-03-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Waiting....
Interview........
God will waive it.....
Passport Req..
Waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Hopefully in Dec 2014
proreo said:
You should get priority, however, if you don't include French, you see what happens...

No, Its not indicated. Just got the File number like HA0000XXXX and the Receipt of payment charged by them.

proreo

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rizwan_raw said:
No, Its not indicated. Just got the File number like HA0000XXXX and the Receipt of payment charged by them.
If you are to receive priority, it should say so on your AOR. I think French is a part of priority, there is a cutoff score IMO.

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
proreo said:

Proreo, are you sure they will indicate priority in the AOR ?( it is just mentioned in the BIQ site) ,But I have never heard of once such case. Or possibly it is done in a very rare case...!!

proreo

Star Member
Jul 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
swamik said:
Proreo, are you sure they will indicate priority in the AOR ?( it is just mentioned in the BIQ site) ,But I have never heard of once such case. Or possibly it is done in a very rare case...!!
I read about it in their official document and I know one person, who got priority and her AOR had such wording. Moreover, she got processed in a matter of months...

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
proreo said:
I read about it in their official document and I know one person, who got priority and her AOR had such wording. Moreover, she got processed in a matter of months...
Thats fine, at least we have few with priorities. so she had a priority occupation and a better French is it ?

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
frege said:
Most exceptions concern people who will be producing written material to be read externally to the company. They need to have good written French. The same goes for journalists, teachers, etc. In these cases, you might need C2 if you're working in French. I doubt that nurses, doctors, etc., ever really need more than B2, and in an English-language hospital you can get by with much less French than that.
Thats montreal downtown, but i hear that la ville du quebec you cant survive without french.

Geochaddy

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013 at BIQ Montreal
Nomination.....
12-12-2014 CSQ received
AOR Received.
05-06-2013
File Transfer...
April 15 file received at BIQ Mexico
Interview........
Waived
rizwan_raw said:
I am in that position as well. AOT points changed from 12 to 6. We did not submit any French results and were scoring 70 points, now we are down to 64. Our area was priority also (chemistry). We have been attending french classes and intend to submit french results although we are not claiming points, we were hoping to have an interview waiver and was trying to increase that likelihood by showing MICC that we are learning French.

Geochaddy

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013 at BIQ Montreal
Nomination.....
12-12-2014 CSQ received
AOR Received.
05-06-2013
File Transfer...
April 15 file received at BIQ Mexico
Interview........
Waived

mdammalli

Oct 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
HK/New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
29-12-2011
IELTS Request
I havent given any IELTS exam
VISA ISSUED...
APPLICATION REJECTED on 18/08/2015
How long Montreal office will take to respond to email queries?
does anyone has email ids?