+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
Bajan4Quebec said:
Hey mdammalli,

you made a little mistake in your query - you are not offered citizenship via CSQ you are offered permanent residence (PR). Permanent Residents apply for Citizenship after. To qualify for citizenship one must spend at least 730 days (2 years) out of 1825 day (5 years). you will be required to write a citizenship exam at that time and if successful you will be invited to attend a citizenship ceremony some time after. Just wanted to clarify this mistake that you made in your typing, that CSQ is for PR and not for citizenship. The difference between a PR and a citizen of Canada is the right to vote. Citizens can vote PR can't for the time being but all other amentities are available to you as a permanent resident, That is:

Free movement from province to province
Employment
Health care
Schooling
etc.

Which brings me the the second part of your question. It is encouraged actually for you to go to school to read for a higher degree in Quebec. The main benefit of this is you will attain a degree that is recognisable in Quebec and by extension all of Canada. As a result you stand the chance to obtain a higher paying job. Just a side note it was shared on page 861 in this forum the challenge immigrants have with securing a job in thier field of study. This is because the degrees we obtain outside of Canada may or may not be equivalent and so persons may have to settle for lower paying jobs. A sure way to beat this challenge is to return to school and read for a higher degree because it gives you greater marketability for better jobs. Another reason why it is encouraged to go to school in Quebc is because the tuition fees for persons living in Quebec are much lower than any other province in Canada. Someone living in Quebec could pay 30% to 50% lesser tuition fees than other universities throughout Canada (by persons living in that province), and I have not began to tell you of the possibility for scholarships etc.

Given these benefits why go anywhere else?! The remainder of your question as I stated before, once you are granted permanent residence you have free movement to any other province to work or go to school. A caveat, do not attempt to use Quebec as the back door into Canada...try to make it in Quebec first, document your efforts and if you had no choice but to move to a different province for an opportunity then so be it. The reason I said this is because if you use Quebec as the backdoor and flee upon landing into another province you may potentially face problems when it comes to seeking citizenship.

I am not sure I understand your last bit, but, I advise you strongly not to apply to the federal level and to Quebec at the same time, this could never look good on you as your intention to reside in Quebec will be in question from day one. Quebec seeks to select immigrants with a genuine interest to live and work in Quebec to stimulate economic activity in that province. Applying to both the federal and Quebec together will be to your detriment.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-eligibility.asp

Time lived in Canada

To become Canadian citizens, adults must have lived in Canada for at least three years (1,095 days) in the past four years before applying. Children under the age of 18 do not need to meet this requirement.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apply for student visa easier because youll graduate before you get your csq ;D

second, graduates from quebec should submit their french B2 minimum for masters (new rules)

I have friend stdying there,

For PHD students 2nd year they can apply directly to PR

mdammalli said:
Hello All,
I have one querry. After getting citizenship through CSQ, is it possible for one to do higher studies(Masters or Phd) in Quebec or other parts of Canada? OR should apply for FSW3(study visa) also?

rgquebec

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-14
AOR Received.
SA-31-07-14

Hi J.C,

congrts , i hope u'll receive ur PPR very soon !!
I am also waiting for my MR, i received AOR from NS on 1st may saying that my file is complete & it will be transferd to VO.
VO is New Delhi for me too, Could u pls let me know how long it will take to get MR ?

thanks!

judy_colsius said:
Got my request for medicals on 9 May, got done with medicals yesterday. The DMP will be sending it out in a week. Any idea of how much more to go before the PR. The VO is New Delhi.

j.c.

Mhaidous

May 26, 2012
Hello,
I just found out about this forum.
My case is really weird. In 2008 I sent an application for CSQ, after a few months I got a letter stating my application will be refused in 90 days if I don't send some supporting documents. Well I sent the documents and till this day I haven't heard a thing from them. It has been more than 4 years. what should I do? I alled the, to Montreal to check whether my application is still in process.the woman there told me she has an application in my name but she doesn't know if it still in process or canceled and she gave me another number to call on Monday.this s really frustrating. I will call them on Monday and tell you what happnes.
Good luck to you alllll.

mench

May 26, 2012
hello
im new here...if you are a Filipino..how long does it take for you to study french to get the A2 certificate in delf?thank you

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mhaidous said:
Hello,
I just found out about this forum.
My case is really weird. In 2008 I sent an application for CSQ, after a few months I got a letter stating my application will be refused in 90 days if I don't send some supporting documents. Well I sent the documents and till this day I haven't heard a thing from them. It has been more than 4 years. what should I do? I alled the, to Montreal to check whether my application is still in process.the woman there told me she has an application in my name but she doesn't know if it still in process or canceled and she gave me another number to call on Monday.this s really frustrating. I will call them on Monday and tell you what happnes.
Good luck to you alllll.
can u elaborate your education and your french and whether you have applied as a single applicant or accompying spouse?

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
To reach A2 level, it usually takes 6-8 months if u study french extensively. About 2-4 hrs study per day.
my suggestion will be to join AF for A1 level intensive course. This will help you to understand the language and learn accent. Once you clear A1, then you can do self-study or take private tutor for A2.

Hope this info will be helpful to you.
mench said:
hello
im new here...if you are a Filipino..how long does it take for you to study french to get the A2 certificate in delf?thank you

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport bio data requested 08-03-2017 submitted March 21, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt country, COPR received April 18, 2017
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
Bachar said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-eligibility.asp

Time lived in Canada

To become Canadian citizens, adults must have lived in Canada for at least three years (1,095 days) in the past four years before applying. Children under the age of 18 do not need to meet this requirement.
Thanks

I'm guided

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
lemans207 said:
Apply for student visa easier because youll graduate before you get your csq ;D

second, graduates from quebec should submit their french B2 minimum for masters (new rules)

I have friend stdying there,

For PHD students 2nd year they can apply directly to PR
I understand what you are saying but I disagree slightly, this is because going to school as an international student is a costly route unless you or on a scholarship. International students generally pay more in tuition fees while a person living in another province pays less (and if you are from Quebec even lesser)...if you have the means to pay the fees as an international student go ahead. If you take out a loan from your home country to finance you to go to school in Canada, you may be bonded by your country to return and work for at least two (2) years and you will have to repay the loan. So the trade off is if you go to school as an international student at the end you will be in debt for a while versus if you applied for your CSQ you come with your funds (not in debt) you can then work and go to school (paying the reduced fee, because you will be a permanent resident from Quebec).

This is my view

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
Seigneur je t'adore

je Te louerai tous mes jours!
car ton nom est digne

Tu fera faire une route quand tous choses sent impossible. Donc, je chanterai saint, saint

je nous sens entendrons partir le bureau d'immigration bientot. De fin Mai a mi-juin le nouvelle Missions sera publie et nous entendrons bonne nouvelle. j'espere que nous serons tous avec succes.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She is from india i guess and wanna apply to quebec under new rules, If she can afford it as international student, will be fine

else she has to study french A2 level then apply as skilled immigration to quebec, she should wait around 2 years for her interview then 1 year for visa.

unless she is AOT class A

Bajan4Quebec said:
I understand what you are saying but I disagree slightly, this is because going to school as an international student is a costly route unless you or on a scholarship. International students generally pay more in tuition fees while a person living in another province pays less (and if you are from Quebec even lesser)...if you have the means to pay the fees as an international student go ahead. If you take out a loan from your home country to finance you to go to school in Canada, you may be bonded by your country to return and work for at least two (2) years and you will have to repay the loan. So the trade off is if you go to school as an international student at the end you will be in debt for a while versus if you applied for your CSQ you come with your funds (not in debt) you can then work and go to school (paying the reduced fee, because you will be a permanent resident from Quebec).

This is my view

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have question, In order to get the 8 pts working experience should have experience 48+ months

Is it during the last 5 years?

or not a matter? could be 5 years in the last 6-7 years?

Thank you for your advice

mdammalli

Oct 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
HK/New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
29-12-2011
IELTS Request
I havent given any IELTS exam
VISA ISSUED...
APPLICATION REJECTED on 18/08/2015
Dear Bajan4Quebec,

It was not typing mistake but my level of knowledge which I should admit here.
Thank you very much for briefing about PR to citizenship procedures.

As per your response I understand that one doesnt need any separate visa for study in Quebec purpose if you already have PR.

I feel bit relaxed now and I can plan for engineering Phd with sponsorship next year instead of compromising with low income job if I get any..

Bajan4Quebec said:
Hey mdammalli,

you made a little mistake in your query - you are not offered citizenship via CSQ you are offered permanent residence (PR). Permanent Residents apply for Citizenship after. To qualify for citizenship one must spend at least 730 days (2 years) out of 1825 day (5 years). you will be required to write a citizenship exam at that time and if successful you will be invited to attend a citizenship ceremony some time after. Just wanted to clarify this mistake that you made in your typing, that CSQ is for PR and not for citizenship. The difference between a PR and a citizen of Canada is the right to vote. Citizens can vote PR can't for the time being but all other amentities are available to you as a permanent resident, That is:

Free movement from province to province
Employment
Health care
Schooling
etc.

Which brings me the the second part of your question. It is encouraged actually for you to go to school to read for a higher degree in Quebec. The main benefit of this is you will attain a degree that is recognisable in Quebec and by extension all of Canada. As a result you stand the chance to obtain a higher paying job. Just a side note it was shared on page 861 in this forum the challenge immigrants have with securing a job in thier field of study. This is because the degrees we obtain outside of Canada may or may not be equivalent and so persons may have to settle for lower paying jobs. A sure way to beat this challenge is to return to school and read for a higher degree because it gives you greater marketability for better jobs. Another reason why it is encouraged to go to school in Quebc is because the tuition fees for persons living in Quebec are much lower than any other province in Canada. Someone living in Quebec could pay 30% to 50% lesser tuition fees than other universities throughout Canada (by persons living in that province), and I have not began to tell you of the possibility for scholarships etc.

Given these benefits why go anywhere else?! The remainder of your question as I stated before, once you are granted permanent residence you have free movement to any other province to work or go to school. A caveat, do not attempt to use Quebec as the back door into Canada...try to make it in Quebec first, document your efforts and if you had no choice but to move to a different province for an opportunity then so be it. The reason I said this is because if you use Quebec as the backdoor and flee upon landing into another province you may potentially face problems when it comes to seeking citizenship.

I am not sure I understand your last bit, but, I advise you strongly not to apply to the federal level and to Quebec at the same time, this could never look good on you as your intention to reside in Quebec will be in question from day one. Quebec seeks to select immigrants with a genuine interest to live and work in Quebec to stimulate economic activity in that province. Applying to both the federal and Quebec together will be to your detriment.

mdammalli

Oct 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
HK/New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
29-12-2011
IELTS Request
I havent given any IELTS exam
VISA ISSUED...
APPLICATION REJECTED on 18/08/2015
Yes lemans207, I'm from India and I already applied for CSQ last November. As per MKshah's timeline assessment I may get interview somewhere last quarter of this year or first quarter of the next year (hopefully) for group B, till I got chance to reach upto A2 level.

Special thanks to Bajan4Quebec, Bachar, lemans207 for putting light on my query.

lemans207 said:
She is from india i guess and wanna apply to quebec under new rules, If she can afford it as international student, will be fine

else she has to study french A2 level then apply as skilled immigration to quebec, she should wait around 2 years for her interview then 1 year for visa.

unless she is AOT class A

SUNSHINE4U

Star Member
Nov 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
29/04/2015
I have someone that made a csq application as the principal applicant and including her 3 children in the application without her husband even though the husband wrote and attached in the application that he is willing to be sponsored by the wife later . is there a possibility that the application will not eventually be considered even though she has received an AOR?

Kindly advice