Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Done 06 band in each and overall 6.5
mkshah said:
dear vicky,
thanks for giving your details....
There is a difference of 16400 between ur AOR number and my AOR number.

pls wait for some more time... :)

[size=12pt]just one question, if BIQ HK is telling people that they are processing Nov-2010 files, then how come YOU DID NOT GET INTERVIEW TILL DATE ? ? ? ? ? ???

@MKshah,
Logically i am unable to understand this formula..any ways u was about to tell my expected date of interview!!!

bullrules

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Umer Shahzad said:
well for french i will recommend you to take class from Alliance francis it should be in india & A1 and A2 is basic french B1 is bit complicated. it depends upon you how motivated you are and how much you work hard to learn french. There are different test available for french like DELF, DALF, TCF,TEFAQ,TCF for quebec. Most of the people from asia they do DELF cos speaking exam is bit easy but the problematic thing is that result comes after 6 months which is alot of time and you know there is annual cap of applications for Quebec so if you are in a rush then prepare for TCF Quebec its easy mate anything else you want to know you can ask me and hope so that helps
Thanks Umer. Can you pleaes let me know how many points i will get if i clear TFC Quebec ?

ezaz

Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Jun 2012
Doc's Request.
sent
IELTS Request
sent
egrace62 said:
No it implies the total number of new applications confirmed received at all BIQ offices after the new policy of march 2012 was 676
Date Total no. of received application by BIQ offices
May 11, 2012 636
May 18, 2012 676

Application received per week is 40
But surely this will become on average 350 per week soon ( as seen in federal applications ).
To fill up 14,300 ; will take (14,300 / 350) 40 weeks or 10.5 months !!! :eek:

I am only trying to push those who are planning to submit their applications.
I hope my prediction will boost you to prepare your applications faster. :)
I am also trying to submit my application by the first week of June.

Dear Seniors / Friends,
Pls correct me if I am wrong & put down your valuable comments. Also share some good / inspirational facts of Quebec.

Best Rgds,
Ezaz

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi ezaz,
thats good use of maths here :)

so, we can very well see here that how this new rules have helped biq to reduce the application flow.... from approx 900 per months to just 160-200 per month.

and yes ezaz, your predictions make sense.... just to keep one fact in mind that these 676 files are actual AORs because of the complete application package submitted by these applicants.
There must be many applicants whose files might have been returned due to incomplete application package, and I think this number will be on higher side.

So, I think this quota will be exhaused by the end of 2012 will not go beyond that... :)

ezaz said:
May 11, 2012 636
May 18, 2012 676

But surely this will become on average 350 per week soon ( as seen in federal applications ).

I am also trying to submit my application by the first week of April.

Dear Seniors / Friends,
Pls correct me if I am wrong & put down your valuable comments. Also share some good / inspirational facts of Quebec.

Best Rgds,
Ezaz

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Hello folks... :)

Here is the latest interview experience from one of qsw applicant "ricoluna". She applied from biq damascus. After interview she also asked the interviewer about points she got and it was 76 points. :eek:

I am sharing the text of her post related to interview experience. There is a very logical (as some of members on this forum says.. ;) ) explanation given at the end of the text by her.

Read full post on : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/quebec-2010-applicants-damasucs-visa-office-t34884.0.html;msg1485271#msg1485271

let's start with interview....
There are 2 black officers , a lady and a men. They came from outside the hotel at 8.15 am caring their laptops and small suitcases. The lady went to first floor and the guy went to - 1. After 15 min , at 8.30 sharp the guy came in the lobby and called my name...i answerd him in English YES SIR !!! Just after i realized that i had to answer in french !!
We went down with him and entered in a small simple room with a desk where he was sitting and our 2 chairs. He had his laptop on the table and our file, all the documents that i have sent before.
He started by presenting himself, my name is ... and i represent canadian goverment...we are here to clarify some things about ur demande d'immigration...and there are 3 possible answers u'll get: u'll be accepted, rejected or u'll get an intention of refuse and i will nedd 60 days in order to decide about ur file.
I will ask u questions and i hope ur answers will be direct and clear.
our interview will be in french, i will also check ur english skills and the efforts u have done in order to integrate in Quebec.
I will start with u Madame he told me
I want to see ur passport, kids passports and ur marriage certificate. I show them to him, he tooked each paper and was looking at it, typing and computer and asking me questions.
Have u ever applied before for immigration to Canada, when and what was the answer? I've told him that i applied for federal part in 2000 and i was refused for not having university diploma, no professorial experience and no relatives there.
He asked about my education...
What are u doing now, u are working
He did not ask to see the letters from employment, he only asked to see the taxes we are paying for social security
He asked me why i want to immigrate and here he changed in ENGLISH
He asked me to answer in english
After he moved to french again:
What i want to work in quebec and what i know about my profession in quebec
If i know the system of education in quebec and where my kids will go to schools
Are they french or english schools...gbut he knew exactly what schools are
After last question and that i found it most difficult was: Madam why do u think that Quebec will accept u?? there are millions of immigrants from all over the worls aplying each year, and now we have change rules, it's more difficult to apply....why do u think i should accept u ??
I told him that we are a young family, we have 3 kids we are educated, have work experience, we really wish to make from Quebec our home, so i believe that we have all the qualities they are looking for.
He told me thank u MAdame ur interview is finished here, i will start with ur husband:
He ask for his passport and study diploma
He told him to answer long answers not short ones, couse he wants to check his french. My husband doues not speak well french
Do u speak french Sir? my husband said yes
are u sure sir? and my husband said yes again
What are u working
what u wanna work in quebec
is ur job reglementatd there?
what are the steps u must do in order to obtain a licence to work
why have u been refused when u applied for federal part in 2000
Aftr he suddenly stoped and told us, ur interview was finished , FELICITATIONS Madame et MR , vous etez acceptes < BIENVENU AU QUEBEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will print now ur CSQ , 2 for each membr of ur family, u'll send one for the federal part and u'll keep one with u, keep it safe couse at the airport when u enter u'll need it .
After i finish u check them well and u can ask any questions u want
Guysss i just lived th interview the second time with u now.....hehehee...what a feeling
He explained after to send asap second file and that we will wait around 12-15 month to get ur visa
And that's it !!!
Now in my opinion: they are very professional and know very well all the rules from ur country
They know everything about ur file...before, long berfore
he did not ask about my sister in low....
he did not ask for any other papers
even he did not checked attentive the documents
i think the decision is made before the interview , not by the officer but by the highest authorities in Canada....u know obtaining the immigration means that u are future canadian citizen and i don't belive that they leave this decision in the hand of one person.
I wish u all GOOD LUCK and i'll be here for any further questions u need

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
ezaz said:
May 11, 2012 636
May 18, 2012 676

I am also trying to submit my application by the first week of June.

Dear Seniors / Friends,

Best Rgds,
Ezaz
Good work Ezan, I would like to add one more pint here that these total no of application are from all BIQ offices serving differnt countires and if we talk about BIQ HK the total no of applications will be much lesser.

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
mkshah said:

Here is the latest interview experience from one of qsw applicant "ricoluna". She applied from biq damascus. After interview she also asked the interviewer about points she got and it was 76 points. :eek:

I am sharing the text of her post related to interview experience. There is a very logical (as some of members on this forum says.. ;) ) explanation given at the end of the text by her.

Read full post on : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/quebec-2010-applicants-damasucs-visa-office-t34884.0.html;msg1485271#msg1485271

There are 2 black officers , a lady and a men. They came from outside the hotel at 8.15 am caring their laptops and small suitcases. The lady went to first floor and the guy went to - 1. After 15 min , at 8.30 sharp the guy came in the lobby and called my name...i answerd him in English YES SIR !!! Just after i realized that i had to answer in french !!
We went down with him and entered in a small simple room with a desk where he was sitting and our 2 chairs. He had his laptop on the table and our file, all the documents that i have sent before.
He started by presenting himself, my name is ... and i represent canadian goverment...we are here to clarify some things about ur demande d'immigration...and there are 3 possible answers u'll get: u'll be accepted, rejected or u'll get an intention of refuse and i will nedd 60 days in order to decide about ur file.
our interview will be in french, i will also check ur english skills and the efforts u have done in order to integrate in Quebec.
I want to see ur passport, kids passports and ur marriage certificate. I show them to him, he tooked each paper and was looking at it, typing and computer and asking me questions.
Have u ever applied before for immigration to Canada, when and what was the answer? I've told him that i applied for federal part in 2000 and i was refused for not having university diploma, no professorial experience and no relatives there.
He did not ask to see the letters from employment, he only asked to see the taxes we are paying for social security
If i know the system of education in quebec and where my kids will go to schools
After last question and that i found it most difficult was: Madam why do u think that Quebec will accept u?? there are millions of immigrants from all over the worls aplying each year, and now we have change rules, it's more difficult to apply....why do u think i should accept u ??
I told him that we are a young family, we have 3 kids we are educated, have work experience, we really wish to make from Quebec our home, so i believe that we have all the qualities they are looking for.
He told me thank u MAdame ur interview is finished here, i will start with ur husband:
He told him to answer long answers not short ones, couse he wants to check his french. My husband doues not speak well french
What are u working
Aftr he suddenly stoped and told us, ur interview was finished , FELICITATIONS Madame et MR , vous etez acceptes < BIENVENU AU QUEBEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will print now ur CSQ , 2 for each membr of ur family, u'll send one for the federal part and u'll keep one with u, keep it safe couse at the airport when u enter u'll need it .
Guysss i just lived th interview the second time with u now.....hehehee...what a feeling
He explained after to send asap second file and that we will wait around 12-15 month to get ur visa
And that's it !!!
Now in my opinion: they are very professional and know very well all the rules from ur country
i think the decision is made before the interview , not by the officer but by the highest authorities in Canada....u know obtaining the immigration means that u are future canadian citizen and i don't belive that they leave this decision in the hand of one person.
simple and clear answers were given, plus fluency in french helped them a lot to get 76 points ..one thing more it is not necessary that VO ask about each and every aspect he may omit or add something...Guys what i will say about looking at this interview that we should prepare ourselves to expect any thing in the interview.... :eek:

khaliqamar

May 24, 2009
Hello Guys,

need help on two questions,

1-Is CSQ only for the peoples who studied or worked at Quebec ? and for the person like me who never studied or worked at Canada no need for them?.
2- when we need to submit Police Clearance certificate, is it with the base application?

Guys trying to search these two answers but not able to find on Quebec imm website.

Regards,
Ali

ezaz

Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Jun 2012
Doc's Request.
sent
IELTS Request
sent
vickyRocks said:
Good work Ezan, I would like to add one more pint here that these total no of application are from all BIQ offices serving differnt countires and if we talk about BIQ HK the total no of applications will be much lesser.
Hi Vickey,
Yes, U r right that if we consider only BIQ HK then the number will be much less. But total number will be counted for all the VO. So, to be in a safer position, I have considered the whole.

Br,
Ezaz

ezaz

Feb 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Jun 2012
Doc's Request.
sent
IELTS Request
sent
mkshah said:
hi ezaz,
thats good use of maths here :)

so, we can very well see here that how this new rules have helped biq to reduce the application flow.... from approx 900 per months to just 160-200 per month.

and yes ezaz, your predictions make sense.... just to keep one fact in mind that these 676 files are actual AORs because of the complete application package submitted by these applicants.
There must be many applicants whose files might have been returned due to incomplete application package, and I think this number will be on higher side.

So, I think this quota will be exhaused by the end of 2012 will not go beyond that... :)

Dear MkShah,

I totally agree with you. I am afraid that the quota will be dried out within this year. :(
But do you think reducing the application flow will help new abiding rule applicants process faster ? As we all know that now a days, just AOR takes +2months to get.

Br,
Ezaz

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
GUYS an article to understand the immigration trends we may see in this year i.e. 2012..So buckle up and face the reality...

The quota for Skilled Workers will have dropped sharply by 73.6% by 2012
Skilled worker under Provincial Nominee Program will increase remarkably
According to the 2009 Annual Summary Report on Canadian Citizens and Immigrants for Parliament by Citizenship and Immigration Canada, the country’s Federal Skilled Worker quota will take a dive from 68,200 now to 18,000 by 2012, down by 73.6%. Provincial Nominees annual quota will increase from 20,000 now to 40,000 by 2012. Provincial Nominee Program will become the largest source of immigrants in Canada, replacing the Federal Skilled Worker category. Will the year 2012 turn out to be the end of Skilled Worker immigrants just like in the blockbuster 2012? It’s said that Skilled Worker immigration might not be necessarily more difficult and applicants shall just feel easy and make preparations.
Skilled Worker immigration quota volume reduces slightly
Lin Shaoheng, board chairman of Leonic Immigration said that people who believe that 2012 will be the end of Federal Skilled Worker immigration overlook the fact that the quota is transferred to Skilled Worker under Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). Skilled Worker immigration is still the largest category if listed seperately. There are two reasons for this change: first, occupations qualified for Canadian Federal Skilled Worker immigration application dived from over 300 to 38 upon the release of “227 New Policy”. As a result, fewer and fewer applicants can meet Federal immigration requirements; second, the economic development and immigration in each province are very unbalanced. The Federal government hopes to help the backward provinces benefit from immigration by enhancing provincial autonomy on immigration management.

knivesvente

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The post has made my day and has moved me with full optimism.

Thank you for sharing! :)

Regards.

mkshah said:

What are u working
And that's it !!!

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well according to me the Quebec authorities have limits the number of applicants because they want to keep themselves attractive for the immigrants who are young and who are willing to come quickly. Putting a cap on an immigration category means either way 1) the will close it 2) they want to clear the back log of application as i ve heard that people who will apply in 2012 will expect an interview in 2013 end but the most important part is that when you file your application you must have attached all the relevant docs like educational docs, working docs, language tests. so you must receive your AOR and you complete rest of the stuff it is written on the application form that if you will not submit your french proficiency test certificate your application will be not fast track as usual. so think before applying gather all the docs read the instruction send your file in a proper way. In a beautiful format so that they have a good impression of your file :)

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Previously i have seen on immigration history last year when the Canada federal authorities announced a cap for 500 applications only per occupation i have seen it it was filled with in a week cos federal is an easy part you have to learn English which most of the people from sub-content are learning from the school level as french is not an easy language to learn so it is taking a while for the applicants to submit there application and most of the people who want to go to canada they want to settle in an Ontario or any other province cos its an english speaking country where you can interact easily

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Hi folks,
Here I am sharing a post from one of FSW forum member mentioning the harsh reality of canadian job market.
It may not be the actual scenario in Quebec, but yes, if you dont know FRENCH, then surely for english-speaking jobs you will have cut-to-throat competition and guess if you could not get a suitable job within first few weeks/months of landing, then what other options will you have than taking any survival jobs such as mentioned in the below post.

Here is the full post:
Doctors, engineers drive cabs in Canada-Study

Canada, 11th May: Highly qualified foreign professionals including doctors, engineers and architects drive cabs in Canada.

This has been revealed by the findings of a latest study.

University-educated immigrants drive cabs—Aptly named ‘Who Drives a Taxi in Canada', the study seems to affirm the common saying that tougher job prospects compel many highly-educated individuals to take to taxi driving in Canada.

Canada has nearly thousands of such people who are finding it hard to get employment in their chosen field of expertise. The study involved 50,000 taxi drivers in the year 2006 out of which nearly fifty percent are foreigners.

The study further maintains that twenty percent of such cab drivers possess master's or undergraduate degree while number of Canada-born cab drivers possessing undergraduate or master's degree is said to be around 4 percent.

Two hundred immigrants driving taxis are either PhDs or doctors while in case of Canada-born people, those with doctorate or PhD degree driving cabs in Canada is said to be only 55.

In Vancouver, nearly 20 immigrants with PhD degrees are driving cabs due to shortage of jobs here.

Under-employment—root cause of frustration and ailments—Under-employment among immigrants in Canada has resulted in frustration, says Richard Kurland, an immigration lawyer based in Vancouver. It is not uncommon to witness problems of high blood pressure due to increased stress levels among immigrants.

Despite of having a heap of degrees under their belts, newcomers in Canada have to take up jobs that are far below their education level. And this leaves a long-lasting mark on their minds.

Consider, for instance, the case of an immigrant from India who was a qualified civil engineer from India. But, even after repeated attempts to get a job in this chosen field, he failed, says 55-year-old Amrik Mahil.

Mahil admits he had to work in a store along with his wife in the 1980s after moving to Canada. And he became a cab driver in the year 1993 to survive in Canada.

Meanwhile, taking a cue from such incidences, Canada immigration did introduce reforms in the last few years to increase work opportunities for immigrants.

Moreover, Canada has also announced fast recognition of foreign credentials along with compulsory English language tests to improve integration of newcomers in Canada.