+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

Quebec_2012

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
Thanks Vibez_well. I have seen this PDF before and the small asterisk against MBA makes it even more confusing. It says" Pour les diplômes délivrés par Indira Ghandi National Open University (IGNOU) seulement." or "For degrees awarded by Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) alone."

What if I do a course which gives me an MBA (1 or 2 years) and not a PGDBA, will it then give me 12 points? I am considering: http://www.smude.edu.in/Programs/Management/Programmes/PostGraduate/Pages/MasterofBusinessAdministrationMBA.aspx

Really need your guidance before I enrol.

Regards,

vibez_well said:
Quebec_2012
I've answered a similar question before...

as long as you have a certificate that was awarded by a university, it will be treated as a masters degree and be eligible for the corresponding points. autonomous/private institutes like symbiosis dont award degrees & can only award diplomas.. for immigration purposes, no points are awarded.

as per the equivalency table from the BIQ, there is a line that mentions "Post Graduate Diploma in...." but that is also applicable if recd from a University.

from the same file:
Code:
2 The degrees awarded by private institutions not recognized by the government can not be evaluated
http://bit.ly/GPI_3_1_INDE

in these circumstances, you have to rely on your bachelors degree for edu pts. :(

saeid

Oct 29, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-06-2011
Med's Request
24-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
07-02-2011
Passport Req..
24-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
LANDED..........
yet to decide !
vibez_well said:
yes, you would be eligible. any exp more than 6 months will give you points.
your timeline is kind of curious. already recd a passport request ?
I require this information for my sister, I am waiting for my Visa now

saeid

Oct 29, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-06-2011
Med's Request
24-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
07-02-2011
Passport Req..
24-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
LANDED..........
yet to decide !
fReSco said:
It would count as a student I guess but you can file your application on behalf of your experience prior to the PhD. I am also kind of same situation but I would be claiming the points on my previous experience. Though you could explain it on a separate sheet what kind of research you are doing and how this can be counted in a job experience.
My sister who is doing PhD now do not have prior experience... do you think they will accept her work experience in research work?

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
muta said:
What exam do i need to do for beginner level(level 3 and 4) french.
in terms of a DELF exam @ alliance francaise, level 1-2 is an A1 and 3-4 is an A2.

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
saeid said:
My sister who is doing PhD now do not have prior experience... do you think they will accept her work experience in research work?
Well, they should be considering it as a job but it would be depending on the BIQ officer's understanding who would be reviewing the application. Like if they consider paid PhD assistant ship as a mean of scholarship they might not count it as a job experience but a student. So, in my humble opinion, it is the best to explain it on a separate sheet, how you are being paid for your PhD, your job responsibilities in a research group, a little about the research you are under taking, and how this could be counted as a professional experience.

Though, I am sure BIQ guys would be seeing quite few such cases, in which PhD candidates showing PhD not only their profession but a study career as well. So, don't miss the train in waiting, she can prove her PhD as a professional experience for sure.

muta

Sep 28, 2011
Thanks vibez_ . Planning to do the exam in december as that is the only time alliance francaise schedules it in my country. Then will send my application then.
1) What kind of timeline will i look at for processing. Am from uganda so will be processing with paris office.
2) Do not intend to submit english results since i have grown and studied only in english. Does this affect my application.

Quebec_2012

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
Vibez_well and/or anyone else who thinks can answer my queries.

Quebec_2012 said:
Thanks Vibez_well. I have seen this PDF before and the small asterisk against MBA makes it even more confusing. It says" Pour les diplômes délivrés par Indira Ghandi National Open University (IGNOU) seulement." or "For degrees awarded by Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) alone."

What if I do a course which gives me an MBA (1 or 2 years) and not a PGDBA, will it then give me 12 points? I am considering: http://www.smude.edu.in/Programs/Management/Programmes/PostGraduate/Pages/MasterofBusinessAdministrationMBA.aspx

Regards,

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
mkshah said:
Hi vibez...
yes, I have filled in the old passport no. in the appl form & attached the old passport copy.:(

and the same details I filled in the application form too.
But when it came to my notice today morning, when I was going thro' copies all the docs again, I immediately called at the HK office, and the lady at reception told me to send an email.

I have sent an email to them asking if they can return my entire parcel, or if they can accept the new documents (passport copies and corrected application form).

I know, I have made a huge huge mistake, this just happened due to hurry. Pray to god to suggest a way out of this situation.

Really feeling very very bad about myself on this. :(
Dear Friends,
Is there any way so that I can add the corrected forms and passport copies of my wife?

Can I sent all these documents by courier in a separate envelope and attach a request letter to consider these documents with my application they received on 27th Sept 2011?

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
Quebec_2012 said:
Vibez_well and/or anyone else who thinks can answer my queries.

enrol ? you mean enroll now in 2011, finish by 2012. apply in 2012. csq by 2013, federal by 2014.
question is : can you afford to stretch it that long ?

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
mkshah said:
Dear Friends,
Is there any way so that I can add the corrected forms and passport copies of my wife?

Can I sent all these documents by courier in a separate envelope and attach a request letter to consider these documents with my application they received on 27th Sept 2011?
IMHO, you need to wait until you get your first AOR, then It would be more easy for BIQ officers to understand your case. Or, alternatively, send all the documents now with a letter explaining the situation and once you get your AOR, send all the documents once again just to be on safe side.

Quebec_2012

Star Member
Sep 7, 2011
But I have no option - I was thinking of getting these 6 extra points and then apply. Please suggest/guide:

B.Sc. 2001 India - 6 points
9 years working - 8 points
31 years - 16 points
French (confident of clearing DELF A2 in 8 months time) - 3+3 points
English (Advanced) - 3+3 points
Financial self sufficiency - 1 point
Spouse Education: MCA (2002) - 3 points
Spouse Age (30) - 3 points
Spouse French - Basic - 1+1 points
1 Child 2 yrs. - 4 points
AOT-0
Family-0

Total thus far: 55 points

What do you suggest?

vibez_well said:
enrol ? you mean enroll now in 2011, finish by 2012. apply in 2012. csq by 2013, federal by 2014.
question is : can you afford to stretch it that long ?

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
Quebec_2012 said:
But I have no option - I was thinking of getting these 6 extra points and then apply. Please suggest/guide:

B.Sc. 2001 India - 6 points
9 years working - 8 points
31 years - 16 points
French (confident of clearing DELF A2 in 8 months time) - 3+3 points it is very strange that u r confident to clear delf a2 within 8 months, which i cleared with in3 months. so my friend work hard to clear in 3 months not in 8 months. within 8 months u can give a birth to another baby and then u will get extra 4 more points
English (Advanced) - 3+3 points
Financial self sufficiency - 1 point
Spouse Education: MCA (2002) - 3 points
Spouse Age (30) - 3 points
Spouse French - Basic - 1+1 points
1 Child 2 yrs. - 4 points
AOT-0
Family-0

Total thus far: 55 points

What do you suggest?

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011