App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ Received: 19-09-2011
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
kimi_kaur said:
hi all,
i am new to this form and applied for quebec in august.can someone tell me when i will get AOR for my application?
which is your visa office?

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
KHG said:
HELP NEEDED

1. is attaching french language proficiency result necessary with the QSC app? or it can be sent later on. i mean if i submit the application and enroll for the course after that, will tht b fine?

2. for which french course shud i register? DELF,DALF,TCF,TEF ???? plss specify
3. i havent done IELTS and my husband has done it. i m the main applicant and i wll register for french. wl it work?
4. my application wud b from pakistan and i m pakistani. i wl send my application to hongkong office. plss any pakistani immigrant tell em that have u been called for interview to hongkong? or its waived??
i was called for interview at HK.

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
unlimited2access said:
Hi,

I have submitted my application on 26th September to Hong Kong office. Can someone tell me how long does it take to get CSQ. Now that there is a huge inflow of applications when can i expect a reply from them. I have shown Beginners level french as my French level proficiency so want to know whether my CSQ interview will be in French or English. And I want to know more about AOR, file number and other different stages that one application goes through.
whether ur interviw will be in french or english, it all depends on the interviewer, you cant predict, but since it is Quebec immigration, they expect that you should have knowledge of french. its better to practise some before interview. you have submitted ur application just 2 days before, so wait for AOR, provided you have sent them complete docs, otherwise they will ask for missing docs. that AOR will contain your file number and ind refernce number which you can use when dooing correspondence with them.

after evaluation of your file, they will either send you the interview invitation or waive it, depending on the points you scored.

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
kimi_kaur said:
i am new to this form and applied for quebec in august.can someone tell me when i will get AOR for my application?
hi kimi, assuming that your BIQ is HK, you should get the AoR in about 30-60 days.

launeq

Sep 17, 2011
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
octobre 2010
AOR Received.
octobre 2010
mkshah said:
I check with courier company and they inform that my parcel is delivered on 27th sept at BIQ hk office.

So now what should I do?
Can I send another courier with updated forms and photocopies of my wife's passport?
Pls help.

May be the first thing is to quickly inform the embassy about this error. they are well placed to give you directives.but i thing you will have to make a new application. don't know...

smhumayun86

Sep 24, 2011
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ - Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not yet
Guys

I've a query

1. All my education is in english as medium of communication also the communication in company is also in english. Do I've to take up IELTS? or should I've to submit any document as proof?

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
mkshah said:
I sent my application on 24th-Sep-2011, but mistakenly I sent my wife's old passport details and photocopies with application.
This passport was having some black spot on the photo of my wife, so we requested for a new passport at that time.

But now, I attached the old passport copies instead of this new one and also i have mentioned the old passport details in application form too.

So, what can be solution for this?
1. can I tell them at later stage about this?
2. I think my courier of application will not have still delivered to BIQ HK. Should call back the parcel, update the forms and passport details and re-submit again?

3. any other option,
pls advice.
mkshah,

if you have filled in the new passport no. in the appl form & attached the old passport copy:
then you wait for your AoR; once you have it, update biq with the new passport copies.

if you have filled in the old passport no. in the appl form & attached the old passport copy:
then i think its a little complicated coz the appl form details itself is wrong. wonder if BIQ would allow you to send in a new (corrected) application form, along with the correct passport copies.

since there is no escaping from any scenario whatsoever, its best to ask them thru email about what is the best course of action. email them and they will revert in 2 days.

since there is no aor in place yet, provide all the details so that they can track ur appl down from the mountain of applications they receive !

it may be a good idea to wait till they encash your DD too.

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
smhumayun86 said:
1. All my education is in english as medium of communication also the communication in company is also in english. Do I've to take up IELTS? or should I've to submit any document as proof?
u need not take the ielts, but u need to get a letter from ur edu. instutions that all ur edu was in english. maybe helps to attach something similar from ur workplace.

what the biq says.
Code:
To establish your English language knowledge, please enclose with your application the necessary documentary proof for yourself and your spouse, where applicable. This proof could be the results of a recognized evaluation test, such as IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC and Cambridge tests. [u]You may also enclose a document to prove that you have worked in English or French.[/u]

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
vibez_well said:
mkshah,

if you have filled in the new passport no. in the appl form & attached the old passport copy:
then you wait for your AoR; once you have it, update biq with the new passport copies.

if you have filled in the old passport no. in the appl form & attached the old passport copy:
then i think its a little complicated coz the appl form details itself is wrong. wonder if BIQ would allow you to send in a new (corrected) application form, along with the correct passport copies.

since there is no escaping from any scenario whatsoever, its best to ask them thru email about what is the best course of action. email them and they will revert in 2 days.

since there is no aor in place yet, provide all the details so that they can track ur appl down from the mountain of applications they receive !

it may be a good idea to wait till they encash your DD too.
Hi vibez...
yes, I have filled in the old passport no. in the appl form & attached the old passport copy.:(

and the same details I filled in the application form too.
But when it came to my notice today morning, when I was going thro' copies all the docs again, I immediately called at the HK office, and the lady at reception told me to send an email.

I have sent an email to them asking if they can return my entire parcel, or if they can accept the new documents (passport copies and corrected application form).

I know, I have made a huge huge mistake, this just happened due to hurry. Pray to god to suggest a way out of this situation.

Really feeling very very bad about myself on this. :(

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
launeq said:
May be the first thing is to quickly inform the embassy about this error. they are well placed to give you directives.but i thing you will have to make a new application. don't know...
Hi launeq, I have sent an email to the embassy mentioning all the details of my case. I called them too, and the lady who received my phone also suggested me to send an email.

so, will they return my application or I need to gather all the documents again and send a new application?
In any ways, this will take some more time, may be weeks, am I correct? :(

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
Quebec_2012 said:
Sorry if I keep coming back, but my questions still remain unanswered...
Please help and share your knowledge.

what if I do a 1 year Executive MBA or 2 year part-time MBA from a recognized university (Symbiosis, Sikkim Manipal, IMT, etc.)? Will it still get me 12 points? Any docs or information you have?
Quebec_2012
I've answered a similar question before...

as long as you have a certificate that was awarded by a university, it will be treated as a masters degree and be eligible for the corresponding points. autonomous/private institutes like symbiosis dont award degrees & can only award diplomas.. for immigration purposes, no points are awarded.

as per the equivalency table from the BIQ, there is a line that mentions "Post Graduate Diploma in...." but that is also applicable if recd from a University.

from the same file:
Code:
2 The degrees awarded by private institutions not recognized by the government can not be evaluated
http://bit.ly/GPI_3_1_INDE

in these circumstances, you have to rely on your bachelors degree for edu pts. :(

saeid

Oct 29, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-06-2011
Med's Request
24-06-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Interview........
07-02-2011
Passport Req..
24-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2013
LANDED..........
yet to decide !
Hi All,
Would you please let me know whether a person who is doing PhD. and earning salary(and paying tax), who is the employee of the research center since last 1 year is eligible for Quebe Skilled Worker?
If your answer is positive then could you please support it with official govt link ?

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
saeid said:
Hi All,
Would you please let me know whether a person who is doing PhD. and earning salary(and paying tax), who is the employee of the research center since last 1 year is eligible for Quebe Skilled Worker?
If your answer is positive then could you please support it with official govt link ?
PLEASE GO THRUGH THE FOLLWING ONLINE EVALUATION AND DETERMINE YOUR ELIGIBILITY:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/epi.html

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
saeid said:
Hi All,
It would count as a student I guess but you can file your application on behalf of your experience prior to the PhD. I am also kind of same situation but I would be claiming the points on my previous experience. Though you could explain it on a separate sheet what kind of research you are doing and how this can be counted in a job experience.

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
saeid said:
a person who is doing PhD. and earning salary(and paying tax), who is the employee of the research center since last 1 year is eligible for Quebe Skilled Worker?
yes, you would be eligible. any exp more than 6 months will give you points.
your timeline is kind of curious. already recd a passport request ?