+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

yogie

Jan 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thanks egrace62, for update on my answer and thereby make aware of our all friends as it is very necessary to know that from where the period of 1 years starts for PR.

Yogie

yogie

Jan 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mkshah said:
hi yogie,
Thank you for your help.
Pls if you can help me..
my edu qual is Masters of Science in chemistry. And my total work exp is of approx 10 years But in last 5 years, I am working in Life Insurance company as Trainer. So in this case, how many points I will get for
1. Education
2. Work exp
3. Area of training.

Pls give ur suggestion.
@ mkshah

As per the "GUIDE DES PROCÉDURES D'IMMIGRATION" for Quebec for awarding the points for Area of Training criterion "The diploma must be obtained during the 5 years preceding the filing of the DCS or, if it is older, the candidate has been a profession related to his training for at least 1 year full-time during the 5 years preceding filing the DCS"

So according the information provided by you, you will get

1. Education - 12 points (for your master degree)
2. Work exp - 8 Points (for more than 48 months of experience)
3. Area of training - 0 points (bcs. your degree is older than 5 years and you haven't minimum of
1 year of experience in the field directly related to your degree i.e.
chemistry)

Hope this will help !!!

Yogie

Here is the link for "GUIDE DES PROCÉDURES D'IMMIGRATION" , however it is in french but it has everything what you need to know, and yeah you can use google translator to translate the particular portion of that documents which you want to know. Just Copy and Paste it in Google Translator ,it is as easy as 1, 2, 3, !!!!!

http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI-3-1.pdf

and

http://translate.google.com/

harsha

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
caribgrl55 said:
@ harsha- I had stated I was a high beginner in French in my application and did not submit any exam results to back that up. Once I enrolled in Alliance Francaise, I submitted proof that I was a student there. I wanted them to see that I was definitely interested in learning French. For whatever reason, my interview was waived. Just trying to say if your circumstances change, you should update your VO. You never know if it may help or not.
Thank you so much, you are right, there is no harm in updating the file.

best,
Harsha

harsha

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
Hi All,

Another question to all of you (this might be a repeat question,but I want to confirm something):

So i have my Bachelors in Management Studies which is a 3 years course and have 2 years of Masters in the same.

So based on the points for training does that mean I get 12 points for that or do I still get 6 points?

Thanks
Harsha

RICOLUNA

Mar 7, 2011
BEIRUT
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
D1=10-AUG-2010; D2= 30-MAY-2012
Doc's Request.
NOTHING
Nomination.....
Interview 22 MAY 2012 Istanbul CSQ RECEIVED
AOR Received.
D1 05.10.2010 / D2 06.06.2012
IELTS Request
SENT TCF QUEBEC (C1/B2)
File Transfer...
Bucharest
Med's Request
17 September 2013
Med's Done....
23 September 2013
"thank you very much Ricoluna to encourage me but I think for children we can get maximum 8 points is not it??"
Fro i am sorry, you are right the maximum points for the kids is 8, but anyways u have a good file, and i hope u guys will be exempted from an interview.Good luck and keep i touch

RICOLUNA

Mar 7, 2011
BEIRUT
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
NOTHING
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
SENT TCF QUEBEC (C1/B2)
File Transfer...
Bucharest
Med's Request
17 September 2013
Med's Done....
23 September 2013
harsha said:
Hi All,

Another question to all of you (this might be a repeat question,but I want to confirm something):

So i have my Bachelors in Management Studies which is a 3 years course and have 2 years of Masters in the same.

So based on the points for training does that mean I get 12 points for that or do I still get 6 points?

Thanks
Harsha
Yes Harsha u get 12 points for ur master diploma.Good day!

RICOLUNA

Mar 7, 2011
BEIRUT
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
NOTHING
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
SENT TCF QUEBEC (C1/B2)
File Transfer...
Bucharest
Med's Request
17 September 2013
Med's Done....
23 September 2013
Harsha is not harming to update ur file but it should be with proves.....what level of french have u declared in DCS??U know that to be considered francophone ur level should be minimum B2, this means 8/8 in DCS. U have ur passing points with A1 level?Is the lowest level and they are interested in people that speak french...So i really advise u to learn french as much as u can and after 6 month or more to have a TCF Quebec exam, not DELF.TCF is 2 parts only, and it costs around 150 $.After u obtain ur TCF diploma send it to tham.This will prove them ur level in french.An enrollment paper does not certify ur level.
Good luck

harsha

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
RICOLUNA said:
Yes Harsha u get 12 points for ur master diploma.Good day!
Sorry if I am being annoying here, but then does that I mean I get total of 24 points:

12 for Masters and
12 for Area of training (3 years Business Management)

Once again thanks for all your advise and suggestions. This forum is great for confused person like me :)

best,

Harsha

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
12 for master
6 for area of training

harsha said:
Hi All,

Thanks
Harsha

RICOLUNA

Mar 7, 2011
BEIRUT
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
NOTHING
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
SENT TCF QUEBEC (C1/B2)
File Transfer...
Bucharest
Med's Request
17 September 2013
Med's Done....
23 September 2013
harsha said:
Sorry if I am being annoying here, but then does that I mean I get total of 24 points:

12 for Masters and
12 for Area of training (3 years Business Management)

Once again thanks for all your advise and suggestions. This forum is great for confused person like me :)

best,

Harsha
with the area of training i am not sure, to be pointed for it u must have work experience in ur related area of training for the past 5 years, or ur diploma to be obtained 1 year ago....for masters i am sure 12.Hope u'll get 12 for area of training too
Good luck

harsha

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
RICOLUNA said:
Harsha is not harming to update ur file but it should be with proves.....what level of french have u declared in DCS??U know that to be considered francophone ur level should be minimum B2, this means 8/8 in DCS. U have ur passing points with A1 level?Is the lowest level and they are interested in people that speak french...So i really advise u to learn french as much as u can and after 6 month or more to have a TCF Quebec exam, not DELF.TCF is 2 parts only, and it costs around 150 $.After u obtain ur TCF diploma send it to tham.This will prove them ur level in french.An enrollment paper does not certify ur level.
Good luck
Sounds good. Myself and my spouse are studying French now and are planning to take the TCF this October. We claimed Beginner level (Checked # 2 on the application form), so do you think that could give us 2 points each if we are able to clear the exam.

thanks
Harsha

a

Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@batlimus_85 thanks buddy for the info.... :) hopefully when our time comes and were still at very basic french she/he will conduct the interview in french...... hoping and crossing our fingers n toes ;D
thanks again.

french is not a problem depending on your file. i had a friend, she and her husband works as chemists they both speaks only few sentences in french and very poor English. they told me that the interviewer tried hard to make the interview in french then he tried in English and at the end he called for an Arabic translator. my friends got the CSQ at the end of the interview but the interviewer told them that normally he wouldn't have gave it to them but only because they are need for chemists he gave it to them, and recommended that they learn french before they leave to quebec to be able to find a job. lucky arent they!

a

a

Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@solukru thanks we just tick 1 one for both speaking and listening.... were now at second stage for beginners french at AF. so we at really very basic..... congrats and good luck on your interview.

a

hopefully good news will come to those who wait.

@ quebec2011 any info with your application buddy??? :)

a

Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seniors please advice...... any idea if somebody was denied or rejected CSQ cause they only have basic listening and speaking??? what i mean is very basic french like can only say name, count numbers, say likes & dislikes, greetings...... or will they give you another chance to learn french??? I'm just worried for me and hubby since some mentioned that since my hubby's occupation (nurse) will be on priority...... we may be called for early interview but our french may not be at par with the IO's expectation though we only tick 1 in our application.... ??? :-[

please help enlighten us.... thanks again any inputs is greatly appreciated. and also for the unending support and answers you have provided.

a

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
a said:
@ solukru thanks we just tick 1 one for both speaking and listening.... were now at second stage for beginners french at AF. so we at really very basic..... congrats and good luck on your interview.

a

hopefully good news will come to those who wait.

@ quebec2011 any info with your application buddy??? :)
No update yet buddy ... :mad: