+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec 2010 Applicants Damasucs Visa office

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope they dont open federal application on 2013 january , so they will finish the current application,

I also read that in 2013 the process wil become fast, with 1 year ppl will get the visa :)

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/politics/article/1281967--backlog-of-skilled-immigrant-applications-gone-by-end-of-2013

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hey man,

felicitations... :)
And wish u good luck for ur interview..

Now dont panic any more... Prepare well with all interview tips available here on the forum..
And keep us updated about ur progress..
I m really happy to read this news :)
lemans207 said:
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am on waiting list, got an email on 22 October.

So as the calculations 4 weeks after Mike... they are going 1000 files/month

So you Thunderbird,victor,batlimos you'll get a mail in a month.

Mike you must be invited soon for your interview on end of Nov, be ready ;D

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mkshah said:
hey man,

Now dont panic any more... Prepare well with all interview tips available here on the forum..
Hey what you up to dude?
Where have you been? Nice to c u after long time.
Any update from your side?

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi there,
Nothing new... :)
As usual routinue life. How about you?
It is good news that our friend lemans got his name shortlisted for interview. I think ours will take ages... :D
harit79 said:
Hey what you up to dude?
Where have you been? Nice to c u after long time.
Any update from your side?

Victor.85

Star Member
Sep 15, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friends:

Today; I received from BIQ Damas an email requesting me to update my "WORK EXPERIENCE". They said that they need all the work experience certificates for the jobs I have had during the past 5 years. They have requested me to provide those certificates within 90 days or my file will be rejected!

For me: when I submitted the application; I listed a work experience of around 2.5 years obtained during my 7 years in engineering college; the normal period is 5 years only; but because i was working; it took me 7 years instead of only 5.

Then i moved to Saudi Arabia for work; and will now provide them a work certificate from the company.

Anyway guys; do you think that they found -when examining my application- that my work experience is not enough and this is the reason they're asking for update??

I sent them -last year- an update that I moved out of Syria for work; and sent along a letter form my employer stating my work position; period and all other required information...

Please tell me what you think...

Victor.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let others add an advice,
give them experience letter, copy of your first visa and your current visa if renewed, payslip of last 3 months and your contract.

thats more than enough ;)
lol they reached your file :)

Victor.85 said:
Dear friends:

Today; I received from BIQ Damas an email requesting me to update my "WORK EXPERIENCE". They said that they need all the work experience certificates for the jobs I have had during the past 5 years. They have requested me to provide those certificates within 90 days or my file will be rejected!

For me: when I submitted the application; I listed a work experience of around 2.5 years obtained during my 7 years in engineering college; the normal period is 5 years only; but because i was working; it took me 7 years instead of only 5.

Then i moved to Saudi Arabia for work; and will now provide them a work certificate from the company.

Anyway guys; do you think that they found -when examining my application- that my work experience is not enough and this is the reason they're asking for update??

I sent them -last year- an update that I moved out of Syria for work; and sent along a letter form my employer stating my work position; period and all other required information...

Victor.

spaniard

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Hello every 1,

Can anybody help regarding my following queries:-

1. it takes how much time for "Acknowledgement of Receipt of Documents"??
2. and my profile is as follows, can somebody please calculate my points:-

Education:- (TOTAL: 17 years)
1. MBA (Finance): (Duration=2 years)
2. Post Graduate Diploma in Cost & Management Accounting: (Duration=1 year)
3. B.Com: (2 years)
4. High Secondary School: (Duration=2 years)
5. Secondary School: (Duration=10 years)

Experience:-
4 years in Bank (Designation: Trade Reporting Officer (Job Description: Trade Finance Reporting + Operations & Admn Work)

26 years

IELTS:
Speaking: 6.5, Listening: 6.5

French:
TCFQ result awaiting + DELF (Speaking:A2, Listening:A1) (also done 6 levels with 75% from alliance francaise)

Finance:
3500 CAD $

I'll be grateful.

Regards,

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI
I think you cant apply, your AOT is 0 points, ask someone else, you can apply after 31 april 2013 or march

spaniard said:
Hello every 1,

Can anybody help regarding my following queries:-

1. it takes how much time for "Acknowledgement of Receipt of Documents"??
2. and my profile is as follows, can somebody please calculate my points:-

ThunderBird11

Jun 6, 2012
Lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus l Montreal | Paris
NOC Code......
2174 - U115
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2010
Doc's Request.
09-06-2011
Nomination.....
CSQ le 6 Fevrier 2015
AOR Received.
18 June 2015
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
9 July 2015
Med's Done....
15 July 2015
Interview........
06-Feb-2015
Passport Req..
27-August-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-September-2015
LANDED..........
Planning On April 2016
Hey victor ... congratulations man ...
For me these are good news ... @ least u know now it's ur turn ...
I sent my application after 2 weeks from you .. so I hope I'll receive something from them asap ....
Good luck.

RICOLUNA

Mar 7, 2011
BEIRUT
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
D1=10-AUG-2010; D2= 30-MAY-2012
Doc's Request.
NOTHING
Nomination.....
Interview 22 MAY 2012 Istanbul CSQ RECEIVED
AOR Received.
D1 05.10.2010 / D2 06.06.2012
IELTS Request
SENT TCF QUEBEC (C1/B2)
File Transfer...
Bucharest
Med's Request
17 September 2013
Med's Done....
23 September 2013
Victor.85 said:
Dear friends:

Victor.
Hello dear, i think there is nothing to be afraid of, u will obtain points for the years of work experience u provide papers for so send them letters from ur employment before and now, showing ur position, description of duties and salary. Kindly note that for all jobs u must show also that were legal...meaning that u were paying taxes, u were registered with a national security number....send them as soon as u can..ORIGINALS. Good luck

Victor.85

Star Member
Sep 15, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RICOLUNA said:
Hello dear, i think there is nothing to be afraid of, u will obtain points for the years of work experience u provide papers for so send them letters from ur employment before and now, showing ur position, description of duties and salary. Kindly note that for all jobs u must show also that were legal...meaning that u were paying taxes, u were registered with a national security number....send them as soon as u can..ORIGINALS. Good luck
Thank you my dear for your comment. In fact; my work experience is divided into 2 periods: the first was in my home country "SYRIA"; but back then I was a university student and worked beside my study; thus I was not registered in any authority; and in Syria I can tell you that 90% of the private sector employees are not registered in any authority... I registered in Engineering Union but only after I have graduated; and then immediately moved to Saudi Arabia for work...

My work in Saudi could be easily attested; but I'm afraid of the work experience I got in Syria; the company is closed due to the current conflict and I don't have any salary slips for it...

Anyway.. I'll do what I can do and hope for a happy ending after 2 years of waiting!

Regards,
Victor

RICOLUNA

Mar 7, 2011
BEIRUT
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
D1=10-AUG-2010; D2= 30-MAY-2012
Doc's Request.
NOTHING
Nomination.....
Interview 22 MAY 2012 Istanbul CSQ RECEIVED
AOR Received.
D1 05.10.2010 / D2 06.06.2012
IELTS Request
SENT TCF QUEBEC (C1/B2)
File Transfer...
Bucharest
Med's Request
17 September 2013
Med's Done....
23 September 2013
Dear Victor,

Unfortunately u'll not obtain any points for the period u have worked in Syria, the will not recognized it. U'll obtain points only for ur current work in KSA, but the good news are that they will calculate ur work experience in the moment of ur interview...so if u'll have ur interview in let's say 6 more month from now, they will calculate them.
Moins de 6 mois
6 mois à 11 mois
4points
12 mois à 23 mois
4points
24 mois à 35 mois
6points
36 mois à 47 mois
6points
48 mois ou + = 8 points

Victor.85

Star Member
Sep 15, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RICOLUNA said:
Dear Victor,

Unfortunately u'll not obtain any points for the period u have worked in Syria, the will not recognized it. U'll obtain points only for ur current work in KSA, but the good news are that they will calculate ur work experience in the moment of ur interview...so if u'll have ur interview in let's say 6 more month from now, they will calculate them.
Moins de 6 mois
6 mois à 11 mois
4points
12 mois à 23 mois
4points
24 mois à 35 mois
6points
36 mois à 47 mois
6points
48 mois ou + = 8 points

My dear: my work in Syria was during college; and normally the college takes 5 years only; but due to my work it took me 7 years to finish; some people told me that the officer might consider 2 years only; this means the extra period in college...

My third year of work in KSA will start on 08 Jan 2013; and sure the interview will take place after January.. so in my worst case they will give me 6 points; and if they consider my Syria experience; they'd give me 8 points...

See? All this for only 2 points looool...

Anyway, I'll stay optimistic and let's see what the future holds...

Many thanks for your comment, Ricoluna!

Regards,
Victor

Victor.85

Star Member
Sep 15, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Ricoluna,

Can you help me calculate my points regardless of my past experience in Syria:

Education: Electronic & Telecom Engineering (5 years)
French: DELF B2
English: TOEFL 623/667
Work Experience: +2 years.

Are there any helping factors that could enhance my chances?!

Thanks in advance.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you
preparing well :)

mkshah said:
hey man,