+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Qorx, PMM, Leon, Are Background checks conducted for every one?

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi every body!

I would like people to comment....

After reading this forum I have reached a conclusion that back ground checks are not conducted for every applicant. I have seen some people getting medicals just days / weeks after going in process and for some it can take ages. I think for those who the CHC thinks are doubtful only the back ground checks are conducted for them. This is just my sole opinion and I can be wrong. Please comment if any body wants to...

Thanks

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Najomi.Baba said:
Background check are important part of application process and are conducted for every application
Dear Najomi!

Thanks for replying. I beg to disagree as I have seen some people getting medicals request straight after going in process while others waited for long long time...They are skipped in some cases I suppose.

rKo

Apr 7, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cocknbull said:
Dear Najomi!

Thanks for replying. I beg to disagree as I have seen some people getting medicals request straight after going in process while others waited for long long time...They are skipped in some cases I suppose.
agree with you, not for everyone, only who's application is weak or VO have a dout as u said!

Harsh Kavishwar

Star Member
Jan 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-11
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
IELTS Request
Submitted with app
File Transfer...
Dnt' know
Med's Request
ONLY WITH GOD'S GRACE
Interview........
24-05-12
Passport Req..
ONLY WITH GOD'S GRACE
VISA ISSUED...
ONLY WITH GOD'S GRACE
LANDED..........
ONLY WITH GOD'S GRACE
I m in the same boat, In process since 8th December but still waiting for updates.

Also, one more issue is I applied through a consultant and paid a hefty sum twice and thrice more than normal but whenever I call them the lady says that there is not fixed limit for MR request and you should refrain from doing a CSE as its to early. She also said that some people are even getting it after 6 months.

Really a very very frustarting wait. Anypne goi through same thing please comment. :'(

cocknbull said:
Hi every body!

After reading this forum I have reached a conclusion that back ground checks are not conducted for every applicant. I have seen some people getting medicals just days / weeks after going in process and for some it can take ages. I think for those who the CHC thinks are doubtful only the back ground checks are conducted for them. This is just my sole opinion and I can be wrong. Please comment if any body wants to...

Thanks

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cocknbull said:
Hi every body!
Thanks
It is a must for every applicant without any exception, the completion time depends on applicant's travel history, country of origin, work load of visa office, involvement of various international agencies.

saimahuz

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011
AOR Received.
12-04-2011
File Transfer...
IP-03-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
explorer101 said:
It is a must for every applicant without any exception, the completion time depends on applicants travel history, country of origin, work load of visa office, involvement of various international agencies.
No doubt about it

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
explorer101 said:
It is a must for every applicant without any exception, the completion time depends on applicants travel history, country of origin, work load of visa office, involvement of various international agencies.
Hi explorer!

Thanks for your thoughts. If that is the case then why some people are getting medicals quicker than others even if they have same country origin, more or less same travel history, work experience and other factors.

I am saying this after closely monitoring the forum and comparing different people. To my knowledge it is skipped for some people who may have presented good quality documents or who look genuine to visa officers from their past experience or for reasons I don't know. Just my opinion. Thanks

KhalidSubhan

Star Member
Aug 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Previous islamabad)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
January 2009
File Transfer...
18 april, 2011
Med's Request
27th May, 2012
Med's Done....
June, 2012
Passport Req..
PPR1: 21st august 2012, PPR2: 21 sept, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16th oct
LANDED..........
22nd feb 2013
cocknbull said:
Hi every body!

Thanks
I am stuck in fast track since the last 3 years. For years, from forums to consultants and from consultants to the ex employees of canadian high commission, I have tried my level best to dig into this matter. As per my understanding, this is how the whole process works:

1. You submit your full docs to the local office
2. they are checked for completeness (Please dont forget to write the visa office name correctly or your documents would be returned, there is a policy for it in the official operational guide, given to the embassy)
3. A Bf'd is set and Immigration officer reviews your case
Based on the review, if he thinks your case is crystal clear, he can skip the background checks, but its rarely done
4. if not, the Imm. officer marks it to the CASE ANALYSTS for background checks, your file goes in a queue and it can take from few months [for majority] to years for some (I am one of the them facing it in years)
5. please note: if the IO thinks, your background checks will take more than an year, he would delay your medicals to avoid expiry of the medicals
6. once the background checks are over, you would get the medicals and security check begins [note: if the IO thinks, your security checks will take more than an year, he would delay your medicals to avoid expiry of the medicals, it depends on case to case and is rare]
7. once security checks are done, you are clear and ready to get a visa

Things I still doubt: if you closely observe the patterns of CHC, you would note something very ridiculous. They are sending applicants per NOC, for example, financial managers from old MI-1 are getting medz and 0213 are still waiting for medz, even though they lodged their cases way earlier than other NOCs. Sometimes, background checks gives a look of excuse for a delay but I am not sure of it.

If someone from 0213 has recently received the medz, please do let me know, specially from pakistan. As what i have observed is that, every visa office has a specially quota for each country. is the 0213 quota again filled?

Pardon me if i am wrong, I am not someone from embassy but this is all what I have observed and believe is right.. I am just an applicant like you are here.

I hope this helps

kind regards

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Harsh Kavishwar said:
I m in the same boat, In process since 8th December but still waiting for updates.

Also, one more issue is I applied through a consultant and paid a hefty sum twice and thrice more than normal but whenever I call them the lady says that there is not fixed limit for MR request and you should refrain from doing a CSE as its to early. She also said that some people are even getting it after 6 months.

Really a very very frustarting wait. Anypne goi through same thing please comment. :'(
Dear Harsh,

I am in the same boat. I got in process on 09-01-2102 and nothing till today. I sent an enquiry to which I got answer that further checks are required. If I compare other people they got medicals after a week though their case is more or less similar to me. Thanks

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KhalidSubhan said:
I am stuck in fast track since the last 3 years. For years, from forums to consultants and from consultants to the ex employees of canadian high commission, I have tried my level best to dig into this matter. As per my understanding, this is how the whole process works:

1. You submit your full docs to the local office
2. they are checked for completeness (Please dont forget to write the visa office name correctly or your documents would be returned, there is a policy for it in the official operational guide, given to the embassy)
3. A Bf'd is set and Immigration officer reviews your case
Based on the review, if he thinks your case is crystal clear, he can skip the background checks, but its rarely done
4. if not, the Imm. officer marks it to the CASE ANALYSTS for background checks, your file goes in a queue and it can take from few months [for majority] to years for some (I am one of the them facing it in years)
5. please note: if the IO thinks, your background checks will take more than an year, he would delay your medicals to avoid expiry of the medicals
6. once the background checks are over, you would get the medicals and security check begins [note: if the IO thinks, your security checks will take more than an year, he would delay your medicals to avoid expiry of the medicals, it depends on case to case and is rare]
7. once security checks are done, you are clear and ready to get a visa

Things I still doubt: if you closely observe the patterns of CHC, you would note something very ridiculous. They are sending applicants per NOC, for example, financial managers from old MI-1 are getting medz and 0213 are still waiting for medz, even though they lodged their cases way earlier than other NOCs. Sometimes, background checks gives a look of excuse for a delay but I am not sure of it.

If someone from 0213 has recently received the medz, please do let me know, specially from pakistan. As what i have observed is that, every visa office has a specially quota for each country. is the 0213 quota again filled?

Pardon me if i am wrong, I am not someone from embassy but this is all what I have observed and believe is right.. I am just an applicant like you are here.

I hope this helps

kind regards
Dear Khalid,

Very valuable information. Simply +1.....Many thanks

saimahuz

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011
AOR Received.
12-04-2011
File Transfer...
IP-03-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
cocknbull said:
Dear Harsh,

I am in the same boat. I got in process on 09-01-2102 and nothing till today. I sent an enquiry to which I got answer that further checks are required. If I compare other people they got medicals after a week though their case is more or less similar to me. Thanks
I am in process since December 2011 but no MR. But seniors told me Background & Security checks take 3 to 4 months for London VO applicants.

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saimahuz said:
I am in process since December 2011 but no MR. But seniors told me Background & Security checks take 3 to 4 months for London VO applicants.
Dear Saima,

Thats ok but if you closely monitor this forum most people from Pakistan are getting medicals just after a week of going in process. Check Pakistan application forum thread and Pakistan applicants after 26/6. This makes me worried that why is this different for different people.

It has also come to my notice that once some body is stuck in these lengthy checks it can take considerable amount of time. If some one gets medicals like after a week or two of going in process he seems ok but if somebody stucks he can be stuck for long. Just my opinion. Thanks