+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Qorx, PMM, Leon, Are Background checks conducted for every one?

lecter

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
question:

the job that i had for 3 years has no sss/gsis contribution since it was a doctor's clinic (will they consider this?) the doctor told me that she will provide me with cert. of employment authenticated anyway (and she did)
i had few job/ aside from my clinic job since the time was flexible so i had the chance to work in a call center(4 mos only)this i did not divulge in my application....i applied with my gf as common law since we have proof of relationship....
DO I STAND A CHANCE?

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saimahuz said:
If you are talking about people who applied after July 2011, they got in process after Security and background checks.
Hi!

I am talking about people before 01 -07-11. Thanks

saimahuz

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2011
AOR Received.
12-04-2011
File Transfer...
IP-03-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
cocknbull said:
Hi!

I am talking about people before 01 -07-11. Thanks
You are the senior and well- informed forum member and I trust your aptitude. I thought i will get MR soon but I am confuse now

lecter

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
question:

the job that i had for 3 years has no sss/gsis contribution since it was a doctor's clinic (will they consider this?) the doctor told me that she will provide me with cert. of employment authenticated anyway (and she did)
i had few job/ aside from my clinic job since the time was flexible so i had the chance to work in a call center(4 mos only)this i did not divulge in my application....i applied with my gf as common law since we have proof of relationship....
DO I STAND A CHANCE?
i have all the documents to prove

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saimahuz said:
You are the senior and well- informed forum member and I trust your aptitude. I thought i will get MR soon but I am confuse now
Hi Saima!

Please do not be confused and feel down now. My aim was not to depress any one. Keep your hopes alive and high. What I have said is based on some research but there is no authentic proof of what I have presumed. I hope that doesn't come true and we all receive our MR soon...Thanks

KhalidSubhan

Star Member
Aug 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Previous islamabad)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
January 2009
File Transfer...
18 april, 2011
Med's Request
27th May, 2012
Med's Done....
June, 2012
Passport Req..
PPR1: 21st august 2012, PPR2: 21 sept, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16th oct
LANDED..........
22nd feb 2013
cocknbull said:
Hi Saima!

Please do not be confused and feel down now. My aim was not to depress any one. Keep your hopes alive and high. What I have said is based on some research but there is no authentic proof of what I have presumed. I hope that doesn't come true and we all receive our MR soon...Thanks
There is no need to feel upset when you are on the latest set of instructions.. you would get through soon and background checks wont be of much length for you.. As far as you dont have a defence background, you are clear..

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KhalidSubhan said:
There is no need to feel upset when you are on the latest set of instructions.. you would get through soon and background checks wont be of much length for you.. As far as you dont have a defence background, you are clear..
Thanks Khalid...

positive power

Star Member
Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5/11/2011
Doc's Request.
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
PER 22 /11/ 2012
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
8/2/2012
Med's Request
10/3/202
Med's Done....
13/3/2012
Passport Req..
13/3/2012
VISA ISSUED...
awaiting
Harsh Kavishwar said:
I m in the same boat, In process since 8th December but still waiting for updates.

Also, one more issue is I applied through a consultant and paid a hefty sum twice and thrice more than normal but whenever I call them the lady says that there is not fixed limit for MR request and you should refrain from doing a CSE as its to early. She also said that some people are even getting it after 6 months.

Really a very very frustarting wait. Anypne goi through same thing please comment. :'(
hi dear,
It s true that we ve to wait but its h time to prey God for blessing.i m in same situation.

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
In Process since March 05, 2012
Med's Done....
Waiting
cocknbull said:
Hi every body!

I would like people to comment....

After reading this forum I have reached a conclusion that back ground checks are not conducted for every applicant. I have seen some people getting medicals just days / weeks after going in process and for some it can take ages. I think for those who the CHC thinks are doubtful only the back ground checks are conducted for them. This is just my sole opinion and I can be wrong. Please comment if any body wants to...

Thanks
Sorry, not possible to go by every comment. I've noticed several comments are given regarding the issue. Just writing form my point of view:

Background checks can be done when the visa office received the documents (RBVO stage),even when your application is In Process (getting MR and so on).

In many cases, this check is slight whereas some other cases, it takes time. Perfect presentation of our document allows the visa officer to understand easily and takes a short time on the other hand, in case of the visa officer gets confused, s/he takes time more than the usual. It also depends on the visa officer who is actually checking the background. Some relies upon documents, some may not.

In a nutshell, background is obviously checked. Your documents must be checked and thus background is checked. The difference is here, some files are justified based on the documents whereas some files' background is checked and verified.

shaziabibi

Nov 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LDN
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April, 2009
Doc's Request.
May, 2009
AOR Received.
August, 2009
File Transfer...
June, 2010
Med's Request
March, 2013
Med's Done....
June, 2013
Interview........
November, 2012
Passport Req..
PPR1 letter received via e-mail on July 16, 2013, DM Status on August 26, 2013 and finally got PPR2 on August 30, 2013.
VISA ISSUED...
October 8, 2013
LANDED..........
19-03-2014
deba_avik said:
Sorry, not possible to go by every comment. I've noticed several comments are given regarding the issue. Just writing form my point of view:

Background checks can be done when the visa office received the documents (RBVO stage),even when your application is In Process (getting MR and so on).

In many cases, this check is slight whereas some other cases, it takes time. Perfect presentation of our document allows the visa officer to understand easily and takes a short time on the other hand, in case of the visa officer gets confused, s/he takes time more than the usual. It also depends on the visa officer who is actually checking the background. Some relies upon documents, some may not.

In a nutshell, background is obviously checked. Your documents must be checked and thus background is checked. The difference is here, some files are justified based on the documents whereas some files' background is checked and verified.
RIGHT

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deba_avik said:

Hi!

Thanks for your comments. So you mean luck here also matters and quality of documents. So the conclusion is there is no fix criteria who should be checked or not. I wish luck to every one. Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Background Checks:
How a decision is made on your application

After ur application package reaches the Visa Processing Office [in short - VO] from the CIO, a CIC officer [in short - IO] scrutinizes everything [eligibility check] once more & then begins ur background check process, which is handled by many of the VO's staff, including other agencies.

The IO will make a decision on ur application* based on the immigration requirements at the time u applied, including:
-whether u meet the eligibility criteria for the program under which u applied [ur edn & exp is definitely on their radar].
-whether u have the funds to support urself and ur family when u arrive in Canada.
-the results of ur medical exam.
-the information/clearances received on ur security.

*The VO processing ur application will contact u if u need to send more documents or go to an interview.

Processing times
The length of time it takes to process applications varies depending on where u applied [the VO], how u applied [qualitative & quantitative docs] and the ease of ur security clearances.

U may be able to avoid unnecessary delays by timely notifying the VO of any changes to ur personal info, such as ur address, contact details, or a change in the makeup of ur family;

Your application will be delayed if:
-additional background checks are needed, or
-there are criminal or security problems related to ur application, or
-ur family situation is not clear [reasons could include a divorce or an adoption that is not yet complete or child custody issues that have not been resolved], or
-the VO processing your application has to consult with other CIC offices in Canada or abroad.

BTW, Background & Security Checks will be done on all applications, whatever stream it may be applied, however the outcome [read: speed] of which much depends on ourselves - the way we presented our case file, how meticulous were we to document everything, and our timely response to their queries. Isn't it the same when we partake any project in the corporate world?... do a good job of whatever u do -- that makes the going smoother, easier & faster!

Nothwithstanding the foregoing, a bit of luck does play-up for anything & everything that we do, isn't it? It's the same here as well...

Qorax
Ps.: This is in response to the OP's PM - thanx for directing me to this thread.

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Background Checks:

After ur application package reaches the Visa Processing Office [in short - VO] from the CIO, a CIC officer [in short - IO] scrutinizes everything [eligibility check] once more & then begins ur background check process, which is handled by many of the VO's staff, including other agencies.

The IO will make a decision on ur application* based on the immigration requirements at the time u applied, including:
-whether u meet the eligibility criteria for the program under which u applied [ur edn & exp is definitely on their radar].
-whether u have the funds to support urself and ur family when u arrive in Canada.
-the results of ur medical exam.
-the information/clearances received on ur security.

*The VO processing ur application will contact u if u need to send more documents or go to an interview.

Processing times
The length of time it takes to process applications varies depending on where u applied [the VO], how u applied [qualitative & quantitative docs] and the ease of ur security clearances.

U may be able to avoid unnecessary delays by timely notifying the VO of any changes to ur personal info, such as ur address, contact details, or a change in the makeup of ur family;

Your application will be delayed if:
-additional background checks are needed, or
-there are criminal or security problems related to ur application, or
-ur family situation is not clear [reasons could include a divorce or an adoption that is not yet complete or child custody issues that have not been resolved], or
-the VO processing your application has to consult with other CIC offices in Canada or abroad.

BTW, Background & Security Checks will be done on all applications, whatever stream it may be applied, however the outcome [read: speed] of which much depends on ourselves - the way we presented our case file, how meticulous were we to document everything, and our timely response to their queries. Isn't it the same when we partake any project in the corporate world?... do a good job of whatever u do -- that makes the going smoother, easier & faster!

Nothwithstanding the foregoing, a bit of luck does play-up for anything & everything that we do, isn't it? It's the same here as well...

Qorax
Ps.: This is in response to the OP's PM - thanx for directing me to this thread.
Thank you Sir, Indeed a very informative and invaluable post..+1 given to you already..can't give more before 168 hours...I am really honoured you have written on my thread... :)

Nylam168

Star Member
Jan 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
LANDED..........
30-04-2012
Hi lecter,

The CIC website has a tool for self-assessment that will help you evaluate yourself on qualification requirements. Use the tool to initially determine your chance. Also read all the pertinent guidelines before passing ur application.

Good luck.

Nylam

lecter said:
question:

DO I STAND A CHANCE?

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
In Process since March 05, 2012
Med's Done....
Waiting
qorax said:
Background Checks:

Qorax
Dear captain,

Thanks a lot for your elaboration regarding the issue. +1 ..You're always always on the top.

Best wishes,
deba_avik
cocknbull said:
Hi!

Thanks for your comments. So you mean luck here also matters and quality of documents. So the conclusion is there is no fix criteria who should be checked or not. I wish luck to every one. Thanks
cocknbull & shaziabibi,
Thank you also.