+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD Application stuck at "Submitted" for almost three months

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
When the notice came , I had already travelled to Iran.

There are no security issues and I haven’t travelled since I came to Iran,

I have seen 3 other people with the same issue, waiting for PRTD more than six months in Iran. I also saw someone got it after 5 months in July. All residency obligations met.
in July the MP told me that the Eligibility Review had not been started then,
How did you get pR status (what program)?

I assume the problem is related to Iran, given the info you're providing here. I don't have any further info but can only guess it is likely security related. I haven't heard of systematic issues of this type for those in compliance with residency obligation.

While you should order the GCMS notes, I warn that if there is anything security related behind the delay, you will likely not see anythign of importance other than notes that some info withheld for security reasons (usually with a cite to the relevant part of the privacy act).

Reactions: Dizzy-Assistant5614
Oct 7, 2024
so the GCMS won’t speed up anything then.

I got my PR status through Quebec skilled worker. I was in Canada for a year in 2018. the whole application took about 8 months!

My MP sent an escalation letter in early September, it hasn’t been answered yet.
I wonder why the office hasn’t even bothered to answer once to my webforms and inquiries.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
so the GCMS won’t speed up anything then.
On its own it will not speed things up. I'd still suggest ordering it though - sometimes the info there is useful and can help to resolve things (if you identify somethign missing that you can provide, for example).

My MP sent an escalation letter in early September, it hasn’t been answered yet.
I wonder why the office hasn’t even bothered to answer once to my webforms and inquiries.
I do not know. Remember, I'm only guessing, but my somewhat-informed guess is that they don't know what to respond (which might be the case, for example, if it is stuck with another agency i.e. security).

Reactions: Dizzy-Assistant5614