+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of relationship

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hi Folks,
I hope everyone is doing fine. I have a question. My partner lives with me in Canada. IRCC requested proof of relationship from my partner and we have sent in 2 days. Are they going to tell us something? We just received email says that they added documents to the file. We sent them via webfom. Are we going to get any response?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Folks,
I hope everyone is doing fine. I have a question. My partner lives with me in Canada. IRCC requested proof of relationship from my partner and we have sent in 2 days. Are they going to tell us something? We just received email says that they added documents to the file. We sent them via webfom. Are we going to get any response?
You replied to an IRCC request for more information; you responded to the request and received confirmation that IRCC received the information AND has added `documents to the file'.
That sounds like a response to me. ;)

It is not uncommon for IRCC to ask for additional information, such as evidence of the relationship with the sponsor. The do that, rather than just deny the application without allowing the applicant to provide any additional evidence that they may want to see. Now, you just wait until IRCC makes the next move!

Good luck.

Last edited:

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
You replied to an IRCC request for more information; you responded to the request and received confirmation that IRCC received the information AND has added `documents to the file'.

It is not uncommon for iRCC to ask for additional information, such as evidence of the relationship with the sponsor. The do that, rather than just deny the application without allowing the applicant to provide any additional evidence that they may want to see. Now, you just wait until IRCC makes the next move!

Good luck.
Well said, I was going to respond to the person but you’ve done a better job than me, sometimes when people ask certain questions on here I often wonder what level or education they have or how do they read and not comprehend certain things. I absolutely do not mean any disrespect by this statement either but I really be reading some things people be posting and even my 4 year old daughter would’ve read it and understood what it says.

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022

It is not uncommon for iRCC to ask for additional information, such as evidence of the relationship with the sponsor. The do that, rather than just deny the application without allowing the applicant to provide any additional evidence that they may want to see. Now, you just wait until IRCC makes the next move!

Good luck.
Thank you for the information. Yes, we received an email about they already added the documents. I was wondering how we will know if the officer satisfied or not with the documents that we provided. Of course I will be waiting:)

Last edited:

Josh242

Aug 3, 2024
App. Filed.......
01-01-2024
Thank you for the information. Yes, we received an email about they already added the documents. I was wondering how we will know if the officer satisfied or not with the documents that we provided. Of course I will be waiting:)
by them not asking for any more and the application continuing to be processed is a response that it is sufficient to prove the relationship is genuine

Reactions: Canadian_rainbow

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Folks,
Don’t think this is a family sponsorship issue. Believe you are trying to add a partner to your PR application as a protected person. Their status in Canada and immigration history can lead to extra concerns and lead to a request for more proof of relationship.

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Don’t think this is a family sponsorship issue. Believe you are trying to add a partner to your PR application as a protected person. Their status in Canada and immigration history can lead to extra concerns and lead to a request for more proof of relationship.
We applied together. I received pre arrival letter and eligibility passed. They also requested proof of relationship. I asked because I am just wondering after sending the evidence part.