File Transfer...
09-04-2015
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2015
Passport Req..
23-06-2015
Guys, Proof of Funds is a requirement BUT the difference lies in what constitutes a proof of fund, depending on whether you're working inside Canada or not. If you are

working inside Canada, you must show your tax returns, bank statements, pay stubs, etc., but there is no requirement for showing a minimum balance. On the other hand, for people outside of Canada, proof of funds must show the minimum required balances.

Like Auone says, the rules vary whether your applying from inside Canada or outside. I am currently employed, my LMIA ran out 6 months ago and have a future job offer and am applying under CEC. When I go through the ITA process it leads you to a page that shows what CIC need from me. Attached to most of the headings is a question mark which, when you open it will instruct you as to what you need to submit. Anything more than that I would phone CIC (or a lawyer)and get clarification. 8)

lotusEsp

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
I too was confused by this. CEC application webpage says you dont need to show proof of funds, yet when it came to actually filling out my info on the EE page it's saying its a required document to upload.

Has anyone gone to their bank and asked them for this info? i.e. a statement from the bank? I'm wondering if I am going to get a blank stare when I ask for it and say it's not a balance printout I'm looking for

c0109

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
I have a LMIA approved job offer and got the ITA. As I have less than 1yr of experience in Canada, I was invited to apply thru FSW(EE)

I am getting ready to launch my application in couple of days. CIC requested for "Proof of Means of financial support". For this, I am submitting 4 months of TD and Scotia Bank statement. Got it from the banks here. As CIC requested for 6 months statement, I got the e-statement of the Indian bank (ICICI). So I merged them in to one document and I will be upload as part of support of this document.
Is this good enough?

toben

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lotusEsp said:
Has anyone gone to their bank and asked them for this info? i.e. a statement from the bank? I'm wondering if I am going to get a blank stare when I ask for it and say it's not a balance printout I'm looking for
I went to my bank and they wrote me a reference letter with my accounts and balance and ordered statements from the last 6 months. That's what CIC requires me to upload. I'm with Vancity in Vancouver.

real.canada

Feb 25, 2015
What I did is just download my last 6 statements of accounts thru online banking, put into 1 pdf file and submitted it.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mohan99 said:
ARE E STATEMENTS ACCEPTABLE?
Yes. Provided they are signed and stamped by the bank authorities. A member reported rejection for submitting e-statements without sign/seal.

harish21jun

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
toben said:
I went to my bank and they wrote me a reference letter with my accounts and balance and ordered statements from the last 6 months. That's what CIC requires me to upload. I'm with Vancity in Vancouver.
Hi Toben,

I am too with Vancity Vancouver, I have a letter from them stating accounts average balance for over 2 years and mentioning no liabilities in letter head (single page). Is this enough for POF.
As I am applying from India, Should I must show indian bank letters as well? Having hard time getting letters from Indian banks.

Please reply. Thank you.