+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Hello All,

My brother has applied for EE and I have provided him some money as gift and we have attached the gift deed. Bank issued official letters for balance certificate but no 6 months average balance. Can i just print online 6 statement and attach it or go to the bank and get them print the online statement and sign and stamp it?
I was watching a youtube video where it said that online statement lead to refusal. In my brother's case we just have the statement printed from online however rest are on official letterheads.
Here is the link to youtube video:

dhruvinho

Star Member
May 6, 2018
Hi All,
My wife is the primary applicant and we just received the ITA. We have the following concerns regarding POF:

1. Her funds are below the required amount, and one of her bank accounts is less than 3 months old. Is this a problem?
2. She has a joint FD with her father. Can we use this as POF?
3. I would have shown my bank account statements/letter, but I have a joint account with my father. If I remove him from the account, can this account then be accepted?
4. I have a home loan.

Here are some options that I'm thinking about:

Option 1. Remove my father from joint account, and give a declaration to my wife that she has full use of funds.

Option 2. Transfer money to my wife's account as a gift deed. In this case, will both my father and I have to fill the declaration? Can spouse receive a gift deed?

Option 3. Get her to break the FD with her father, and use that as a gift deed.

Please help.

Thanks!

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
I have a letter from Bank of America with everything as to the requirements of CIC but the statement shows only the last 4 digits of each account number.
Has anyone applied with such statements before?

joekhese

Nov 17, 2018
Please i need the answers to the following questions.

1. I got the funds required from my father via bank transfer. Must I include the bank transfer reference number in the notarized gift deed or is my bank statement showing the transfer sufficient?

2. Is it necessary to include the donor’s (my father) statement of account in the application?

3. How recent must my statement of account be? Must it be up to the week of the application or the same month of the application is fine.

thank you

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Please i need the answers to the following questions.

1. I got the funds required from my father via bank transfer. Must I include the bank transfer reference number in the notarized gift deed or is my bank statement showing the transfer sufficient?

2. Is it necessary to include the donor’s (my father) statement of account in the application?

3. How recent must my statement of account be? Must it be up to the week of the application or the same month of the application is fine.

thank you
1) the more information you include, the better. So if you do include the bank transfer reference number it's great but I don't think it's absolutely necessary. Search for a gift deed template on the forum. You will know better.

2) No. This isn't necessary if you are already giving gift deed.

3) as recent as possible. But Even if it is 1-2 weeks old it should be ok. Ideally just give have it within last 1 week. Just don't have a 2 minmo old.

Bank letter is very important. Not just bank statements. Look up cic website for details of bank letter.

Reactions: joekhese

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I have a letter from Bank of America with everything as to the requirements of CIC but the statement shows only the last 4 digits of each account number.
Has anyone applied with such statements before?
This should be fine i think. Most bank correspondence always shows the last 4 digits for security reasons.

Reactions: zabrodov

joekhese

Nov 17, 2018
1) the more information you include, the better. So if you do include the bank transfer reference number it's great but I don't think it's absolutely necessary. Search for a gift deed template on the forum. You will know better.

2) No. This isn't necessary if you are already giving gift deed.

3) as recent as possible. But Even if it is 1-2 weeks old it should be ok. Ideally just give have it within last 1 week. Just don't have a 2 minmo old.

Bank letter is very important. Not just bank statements. Look up cic website for details of bank letter.
thank you

PPSB15

Star Member
Feb 26, 2016
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-04-2018
Nomination.....
24-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2019
Hi everyone! Hope someone can help me. The proof of funds i need to show is 19,093 CAD for 3 persons, and right now my daily average balance for the past 6 months is around 19,900 CAD, and current balance 21,000 CAD. Do i need to provide other documents or my bank certificate with with 6 months average is enough?

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
This should be fine i think. Most bank correspondence always shows the last 4 digits for security reasons.
Thanks! I hope it will work

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Hi everyone! Hope someone can help me. The proof of funds i need to show is 19,093 CAD for 3 persons, and right now my daily average balance for the past 6 months is around 19,900 CAD, and current balance 21,000 CAD. Do i need to provide other documents or my bank certificate with with 6 months average is enough?
I guess that fluctuations are okay as long as the difference between your average balance and your current balance is not significant. They need to see your 6 months balance just to make sure that you haven't deposited the money right before your application submission. Your average balance shows that you have had these funds for a while in your bank account.

Apachertr

Nov 20, 2018
I have few questions:
1. I generally tend to park my amount in OD Account (SBI Maxgain Home Loan). Can I get statement of such account for POF?
2. Can I state LIC and PPF as part of POF?
3. Have some funds as part of my wife's accounts but she wont be accompanying me to canada initially. Can I still use those funds for POF? Please confirm.
4. Since I am the primary applicant, is it mandatory for my wife to take PCC, Medicals as part of my application
5. Is it mandatory for wife to takeup ECA and IELTS if she decides to work in Canada at later point in time after her arrival?

Apachertr

Nov 20, 2018
I have few questions:
1. I generally tend to park my amount in OD Account (SBI Maxgain Home Loan). Can I get statement of such account for POF?
2. Can I state LIC and PPF as part of POF?
3. Have some funds as part of my wife's accounts but she wont be accompanying me to canada initially. Can I still use those funds for POF? Please confirm.
4. Since I am the primary applicant, is it mandatory for my wife to take PCC, Medicals as part of my application
5. Is it mandatory for wife to takeup ECA and IELTS if she decides to work in Canada at later point in time after her arrival?

Hi, did u got answer on ur Maxgain account query? Even I am in same situation and want to know whether we can show this account as POF?

Khush3009

Sep 11, 2018
OMG! I just realized that the bank letter I was issued by my bankers had no branch contact information (address, phones, email) although it was printed on letterhead with all other necessary details in specified format. Am I looking at rejection or ADR for this? Can anyone help with an idea please? :(:mad:
AOR 22 June.
Hey,
How did it go for you ? Did you get an ADR can you please share your experience. thanks

Indersingh007

Star Member
Nov 10, 2018
I need advice regarding proof of funds. Actlly i ws having sufficent funds for both applicant fees @ $15531for me and my spouse at the time of AOR, fulfilling POF requirement from my account only. But due to change of rate of dollar, the amount might get decrease. My spouse has also submitted his bank statement having balance near about $12000. We both have like $15531(Principal Applicant Account) +$12000 (Spouse Account) . i have not uploaded NOC from my spouse. What should I do
kindly suggest shall I send or wait for ADR
AOR 1 August
ADR 2 Oct ( Spouse Passport Renewal)
Submitted ADR with renewed passport on 3 Oct
No update till now.

Last edited: