+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds (Express Entry)

Anishcool

Apr 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is okay in case of FD. Make sure the maturity date is mentioned on the FD certificate. One guy is in review required as they could not see the FD maturity date. Or get a letter from bank that these funds are readily available to you as you can break the FD if you want to.
Thanks for responding. Yeah, it's mentioned in my bank letter that the funds can be used once matured. However, I have not uploaded my FD certificate while submission, just the letter I received from bank with funds details, account opening dates and etc. as required by CIC. Will that be a problem?

Gibacho

Aug 13, 2017
Hi
How to prove that there’s no loan outstanding?
Can i show statement from CRISIL (I m Indian) which can show outstanding loans if any?
My bank is not ready to share that info.

catalyst441

Sep 5, 2018
Anyone from Dubai?
Trying to obtain proper documentation from Emirates NBD.
The issue with me is that my funds are all in 'shake and save' account and the bank doesn't provide authenticated statement for the same. They only provide funds for the Current account from which the transfers were made to the 'shake and save account'.

Fahadkazmi

May 28, 2018
Anyone from Dubai?
Trying to obtain proper documentation from Emirates NBD.
The issue with me is that my funds are all in 'shake and save' account and the bank doesn't provide authenticated statement for the same. They only provide funds for the Current account from which the transfers were made to the 'shake and save account'.
Hi,
Emirates NBD do provide bank statement for the savings account not sure about the "Shake and Save account".
If still your are unable to get, just transfer the amount to current account as both Current and Savings are under your name.
Further you can explain this in LOE. Shouldn't be a problem

Reactions: catalyst441

catalyst441

Sep 5, 2018
Hi,
Emirates NBD do provide bank statement for the savings account not sure about the "Shake and Save account".
If still your are unable to get, just transfer the amount to current account as both Current and Savings are under your name.
Further you can explain this in LOE. Shouldn't be a problem
That’s the only possible option left. I’ll have to resort to the same.

In case you’re from Dubai, can you please suggest a good photo studio where I can get the digital photo from?

Ricky1124

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Hi everyone,
I’m leaving from india on 12th November for Canada and i have half of my funds in Indian account for express entry. Will they accept the bank letter dated 9 or 10 November, I’m expecting ITA in next draw.

NiSn

Mar 17, 2018
I have following queries on proof of funds:

a) If I am selling some Stocks to get money in my account, then do i need to worry about having ~16000 CAD in my account for last 6 months? My last 6 months average balance would be almost negligible.

b) I am selling stocks of my employer (RSU) traded in USA. I have got a document stating USD proceeds to my bank account and my bank account has a transaction of equivalent INR amount. Will this release document work to justify the sudden inflow of funds (just that the document states amounts in Dollars).

c) Can mutual funds be used as Proof of funds as i do not intend to liquidate them?

d) Can FDs irrespective of maturity be used as proof of funds?

e) I have a separate loan with a different bank. Do i need to close it before applying? If i dont mention it how are they going to know about it?

f) I can show both my and my spouse's bank accounts for funds right? Will it require any further certificate as well?

g) Is it necessary to give details of all the bank accounts that I have with different banks? As I might have loans in few bank accounts and surplus cash in others?

Last edited:

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
There is no requirement of sending bank statements. CIC asks for a letter from bank for average 6 months balance and other requirements as listed on CIC website. If you can get letter from bank with those details there is no need for sending bank statements. People send bank statements when they can't get avg 6 month balance from the bank.
Hello,
I have my Money needed for POF in checkings account instead of savings,does it matter? I don’t have saving account.
I am in doubt after reading 1 post that POF needs to be in savings account.
Thank u in advance

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello,
I have my Money needed for POF in checkings account instead of savings,does it matter? I don’t have saving account.
I am in doubt after reading 1 post that POF needs to be in savings account.
Thank u in advance
Ircc is not reviewing your banking choices. They just want to know whether you have money or not. Checking account is fine.

ysf

Mar 12, 2017
Hello.
I will like to know if it's safe to transfer my pof into my cooperate account before PPR. I intend using it for my business and return it in case updated pof is required. I run a private business which requires a lot of capital. At the same it has a high turnover which will make it possible for me to return it and print a new statement of account.

bp1209

Sep 11, 2018
Hi, I have submitted 6 months bank statement for PoF along with the balance confirmation letter (which does not have average balance for past 6 months). However, the 6 month bank statements are not signed or stamped by the bank. Is that ok?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hey, everyone!

I'm new to this forum! I hope you guys don't mind if I ask a question.

So my wife and I received our ITA (I'm the main applicant), but we are a bit confused about the Proof of fund.
I'm a Ph.D. student at the University of Toronto. My current bank balance is a bit over 10K, and I wonder if I can use my University funding as the proof of fund.
I have my admission letter+Scholarship letter+ a letter from the associate dean of the faculty which she wrote a few days ago 1) outlining the funding (Tuition and fees+30K stipend per year), 2) indicating that the funding is guaranteed till September 2020, 3) explaining my current standing in the program, assuring the officer that I'm doing well in my courses and stuff. In addition, since I just finished my first year, I can show bank records of how university have been paying me since last September.
Having said that, do you think I can use my Bank statement of 10K + my scholarship letters + the Associate Dean's letter as the proof of fund? Or I still need to show that 15K bank balance?

I'll be very grateful if you guys help me with this :)

Thanks in Advance,
Hadi
Hey, did you find the answer to this?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Posting this here also just in case somebody reads this and not my other thread

Hi All,

I am planning to submit my application soon. I have almost all things ready. My question is regarding POF.

I arrived in Canada 2 months back as a student. I am applying as a FSW and my work experience allowed me to get the ITA. Before this I was working in the USA on H1B.

Now I have enough money in the bank account to support myself and family. In addition to that i also get a scholarship/stipend from the university.

My issue is that I took away most of the money from my US bank account and took it back with me, or transferred it to my sister in the US. I then brought the money back with me to Canada and asked my sister to wire the rest to me. So my account in Canada in canada is just 2 months old. Is that an issue? should i give my US bank statements for last 4 months prior as supplementary evidence?

Also should I show my scholarship letter and stipend (pay slips) as part of proof of funds?

Please advise