+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

Silva

Sep 10, 2013
shan30 said:
When was your file got transferred to Colombo? Has your status changed to "in-process" yet?
Hey,

My file got transferred on the 20th of July and no my status still says ''application received''. But the ''Medicals results have been Received'' has been there for while now. i suppose we will have good news in October ;D

shan30

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2013
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
July 23, 2013
File Transfer...
August 1, 2013
Med's Done....
June 19, 2013
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
November 07, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 12, 2013
LANDED..........
Soon
Yeah Hopefully in October.

And according to another person, his wife got the visa in 2 months after it has changed to "in-process". So hoping the same with ours too.

Let's see

Silva said:
Hey,

My file got transferred on the 20th of July and no my status still says ''application received''. But the ''Medicals results have been Received'' has been there for while now. i suppose we will have good news in October ;D

Silva

Sep 10, 2013
shan30 said:
Yeah Hopefully in October.

And according to another person, his wife got the visa in 2 months after it has changed to "in-process". So hoping the same with ours too.

Let's see
Hey sorry my file was transferred on the 20th of August. I applied on the 22nd of July..... got confused with the dates

Silva

Sep 10, 2013
tamilrootz said:
I applied on 20/08/2013
AOR Received 31/08/2013
File Transfered 20/09/13
Hi Tamilrootz,

Welcome aboard, since your file got transferred now you just have to wait.... :)I wish you all the best and hope all of us hear good news sooon.

kris_m

Sep 10, 2013
:D :D status changed to inprocess on september 4
got a letter today 27 sep asking to submit passport of the wife to Canadian visa application centre, colombo
as soon as possible :D :D :D

Does any one know how long canadian visa application centre, colombo takes to return the passport,,,,is it a same day service or would take few days??? :eek:

shan30

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2013
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
July 23, 2013
File Transfer...
August 1, 2013
Med's Done....
June 19, 2013
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
November 07, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 12, 2013
LANDED..........
Soon
Hi Kris

Congratulations. Usually it is one day. You give it in the morning and will be able to collect it in the afternoon.

May I know what your timelines are? When did you submit, when the file was transferred etc.

Thanks

kris_m said:
:D :D status changed to inprocess on september 4
got a letter today 27 sep asking to submit passport of the wife to Canadian visa application centre, colombo
as soon as possible :D :D :D

Does any one know how long canadian visa application centre, colombo takes to return the passport,,,,is it a same day service or would take few days??? :eek:

Riri

Sep 28, 2013
Hi
Im new to this sponsorship :(
I want to be ready to sponsor my to be husband. Im not married yet. We are planning to get married soon.
Is there any prepartions we have to to get the sponsorship going faster after the marriage?? :'(
help!!

thanks

Riri

Sep 28, 2013
Also i had a question
If my spouse doesnt have proof of attending school will that effect the progress? :(
he said he cant find the exam results. :(

kris_m

Sep 10, 2013
shan30 said:
Hi Kris

Congratulations. Usually it is one day. You give it in the morning and will be able to collect it in the afternoon.

May I know what your timelines are? When did you submit, when the file was transferred etc.

Thanks
ohh thnxx...
Application sent to missisauga January 12/2013
Application was sent to Colombo January 28/2013
Status changed to " in process" September 4/2013
Recieved letter from high commision asking to come with passport and two photos September 24/2013

shan30

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2013
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
July 23, 2013
File Transfer...
August 1, 2013
Med's Done....
June 19, 2013
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
November 07, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 12, 2013
LANDED..........
Soon
Ok Thanks Kris. I am still waiting for my stats to be changed to "in-process". Did you have the religious wedding also or just the official wedding?

kris_m said:
ohh thnxx...
Application sent to missisauga January 12/2013
Application was sent to Colombo January 28/2013
Status changed to " in process" September 4/2013
Recieved letter from high commision asking to come with passport and two photos September 24/2013

kris_m

Sep 10, 2013
shan30 said:
Ok Thanks Kris. I am still waiting for my stats to be changed to "in-process". Did you have the religious wedding also or just the official wedding?
oh ok great...actually i had a very small function at my wifes home and that was our wedding ceremony...only my parents from my side and my wifes parents and nearly 10 relatives/friends attended...when i was writing my story i wrote as we both (my self and my wife) wanted to have a simple ceremony at home...not a religious wedding, just registering the marriage at home , breakfast table and lunch table only...very simple one... 8)

kris_m

Sep 10, 2013
Riri said:
Also i had a question
If my spouse doesnt have proof of attending school will that effect the progress? :(
he said he cant find the exam results. :(
he doesnt need to send proofs of attending school....only need to mention it on the form, ex: what he was doing in that time, which school, what was studying etc :)

Riri

Sep 28, 2013
Hi
I want to sponsor my spouse from srilanka
Iam from Canada, and i just graduated. I havent started working yet. Do i need to work for 12 months in order to sponsor him?
How much income to i need in order sponsor him?

thanks

123ami

Jan 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 28,2013
Doc's Request.
September 27, 2013
AOR Received.
July 18,2013
File Transfer...
July 26,2013
Med's Done....
March 15,2013
Passport Req..
November 05th,2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 8th ,2013
Hi there I m new here...I am a Canadian pr sponsoring my husband from Sri Lanka... Here is my timeline

Application filed June 28,2013
File num received 18 July, 2013
Sponsorship approved 27th July,2013
Fild got transffered to Sri Lanka 27 th July 2013
Additional documents requested 27th September 2013
Additional documents sent 14th October 2013...
Still waiting. E cas says still application received and medicals has been received..

They asked for additional documents but the e cas still says application received

It just feels like it takes forever.. I just want him to be here so badly.... Hope we all get a good news sooner... Prat for u all.. Keep me updated... :) :D