+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

waiting111

Jun 22, 2011
Hi,I sponsored my wife last sep and colombo office received the filed on oct 22 last year and they wanted our originals of marraige certificate and her birth ceritificate and since then havent heard anything,and its been 8 months now, now my wife is pregnant, i dont know how long would it take..
my friend here in vancouver applied exact one month before me and his wife got visa last february, and it only took about 5 months for him and she was also asked the originals of their marraige certificate and proof of communication

watnxt

Feb 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
File Transfer...
10-11-2010
I heard that they will ask us to redo. When is ur med expires?
I applied in Oct and colombo received it in Nov. No update after that. I send them email 2 times. No reply. I also know many ppl got visa with in 5-6 months here. Same time few got in 9 months or so.

watnxt

Feb 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
File Transfer...
10-11-2010
Wow...that is good sig Sharmi,
It looks like you will get good news soon. They never replied to me.

watnxt

Feb 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
File Transfer...
10-11-2010
Yeah, hope for the best. Did your wife checked with embassy before? May be go and ask them what is the status? What is your status on web site eCas?

watnxt

Feb 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
File Transfer...
10-11-2010
Anyone got update? Nothing on my side

sharmi

Star Member
Jun 9, 2011
thats all u can see in ur status ..?
i can click that"APPLICATION RECEIVED"it shows me more details...u guys cant?

sharmi

Star Member
Jun 9, 2011
See My status waiting 111

Status of your application Explanation

1-
IN
PROCESS
(A decision has not been made yet.)

Application Received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
We have received your application and will review it in order of receipt. We will send you an acknowledgement letter.

Documentation Verified by CIC
We are reviewing your application to make sure it is complete and that no documents are missing. We will return incomplete applications for resubmission.

An Interview May be Required
We will review the application and decide if an interview is necessary. If so, we will inform you in writing of the date, time and location of the interview.

2-
WITHDRAWN
(An application can only be withdrawn when it is IN PROCESS.)

Application Withdrawn
You may only withdraw your application before the Visa has been issued. There are no refunds after processing has started.

3-
DECISION
MADE
(A decision has been made at this point.)

Medical Results Received by CIC
We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed.

Approval Status Determined
Your application will be either approved or rejected. We will inform you of the decision in writing.

Permanent Residence Status Determined
If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence.

4-
COMPLETE
(This is the last step in the processing of your application.)

Applicant Arrives in Canada and is Granted
Permanent Residence
You will need to meet with an Immigration Officer who will verify your documents and grant you permanent residence if all is in order.

T7

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
AOR Received.
18-12-2010
File Transfer...
30-12-2010
Med's Done....
16-09-2010
Passport Req..
01-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2011
LANDED..........
10-09-2011
Hey...this information is available to everyone under details.

Watnxt...any luck bro?
Any changes on ECAS? I think they will update it after our spouse's receive their visa.

melbell_28

Oct 2, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-11-2010
Doc's Request.
10-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-01-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2010
Med's Done....
28-06-2010
hey guys.

checking in real quick. today is our one year wedding anni! so almost hitting a a full year of not seeing hubby. bummed but i'm celebrating with pizza and chocolate for dinner!!!

there's a lot going on in the thread by the looks of it. I would really like to update our chart since we have new members on the thread!

New Members or Very old returning members to the thread - Please post the exact dates of your application process. So I would need, App sent date, sponsor approval date, app received by colombo date, meds completed date and docs requested date. for more info on how the chart looks, please go back a few pages and you will see it. i like to update it with a time elapsed tabe.

Sharmi - As relevant as your post below is to the Ecas process, most of us have NO UPDATES ON ECAS. I myself have have had my "medicals received" line removed twice now. Also we are well aware of a glitch on the system

Guys - The glitch on the system was confirmed when my husband went to apply for visitor visa last week. he did go to TT services but the girl at the counter was able to access some very very basic info on our file. when asked about some incorrect info on Ecas, she told him that Ecas has not been working properly for the last 4-5 months and that most of the updates are inaccurate. So don't freak out.

Waiting11- Welcome! and join the club! Our meds expire on the 30th of June 2011 and we have lost all hope of getting PR before that. Be patient.

Blue - its been a looooooooooooong time dude. watnxt and i were wondering where u were...

T7 - How are things on ur end?

Watnxt - Miss me much :p Btw I did get your PM and I will do some research and respond. Been super duper busy at work but kept an eye on the thread regardless.

Guys if you have any changes, please update us and all the new folks - post your processing time line so you can "officially" get on our special little chart :p