App. Filed.......
1-09-10
AOR Received.
17-09-10
File Transfer...
23-10-10
watnxt said:
Hi Shif,
Personaly, I dont like to share my immigration information with any unknow web. They store your info into their database. If someone hack their database then they can miss use ur info. This is something personal and you want to keep with you and your lawyer only.
It is totaly up to you. Dont forgot that, you are giving out ur date of birth, client id , last name , birth place. They can get your address and full name from eCase using above info. For example these are way enought to get visa card behafe of you.

OMG! i didnt know that. im so stupid :eek: thanks for letting me know watnext :-X

watnxt

Feb 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
File Transfer...
10-11-2010
Many ppl are using it Shif. I dont like because once I give out my personal info then it wouldnt be on my control any more. I wouldnt know where it will end up. Once my girl get here , i wouldnt even visit eCAS. But these info could still pass to others hand.

Once again, this is just my personal opinion.

melbell_28

Oct 2, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-11-2010
Doc's Request.
10-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-01-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2010
Med's Done....
28-06-2010
again its personal preference when it comes to the tracker. Just as a note tho, matthew is also an administrator on many of these forums as I personally read through most of his posts just to make sure that this was safe before I started using the tracker :)

Most senior members actually suggest it as a great way to track ur status. Its really useful if you have multiple apps or incomplete info such as no file number (BXXXXXXXXX) or even when people have multiple last names!

Also note that they have had over 2000 ppl that have used this current version and there is no complaints about it. Don't forget that if information is being abused, someone on these forums is going to start posting about it the moment they get wind of it.

The reason I want to give you all the facts about this is because I have in the past seen many many many ppl that have never tried the tracker warn others against it (No offence watnxt :) ) I have also seen several people defend it to the core!! also there's plenty of info where matthew has posted security certificate info etc just so that our minds are at rest.

In my case, my husband has MULTIPLE LAST NAMES!!! We had no idea which name was being used to access his info on ecas considering that before that we were only able to access my info using the client ID. We entered a bunch of combinations on the tracker and finally got a hit on it in March! That's when we realized that CIC colombo had finally taken a peak at our file and taken the time to update random info on the it.. So we appreciate it for that :p

Again its all personal preference. You can directly contact the guy if you want too as well. Some ppl actually do.. I prefer to look at it as a very useful tool for us. But then again, it comes down to personal preference. If its any consolation, I monitor my credit and finances like a hawk and have been registered since Jan with the tracker and have had no issues :)

Link Below

https://ecas.carroll.org.uk/

And absolutely no news for me!!

But hubby finally got the hutch sim :) so that is some thing :p

melbell_28

Oct 2, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-11-2010
Doc's Request.
10-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-01-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2010
Med's Done....
28-06-2010
And FYI - It's impossible to steal identification and or the PR in a situation like this because you have 2 ppl - Sponsor and Applicant and if the visa is taken by someone else, your bound to find out.. Unless you do an elaborate scheme of taking the time to fool the sponsor and the applicant :p You would have to involve plastic surgery etc etc :p

watnxt

Feb 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
File Transfer...
10-11-2010
Mel, I understand what you said. you dont know how many type of ppl are out there. I really dont care who promise here that that web is good. All I know I am giving out them my personal info and I dont want to do it. I am sure if some one steel my info then none of these ppl are going to help me out or solve the issue. I am trying to be on safe side. Thats all mel

melbell_28

Oct 2, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-11-2010
Doc's Request.
10-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-01-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2010
Med's Done....
28-06-2010
Makes sense.. Although for someone that has no file number or has any incomplete info, this is a good way to go. I know that some embassies go as far as requesting for info on Ecas (The good ones!!) if they are unable to get a hold of the person.. In situations like that, you have to wonder if its worth the risk.. Some people even get decision made on their apps thru ecas without the embassy informing them and then they go and follow up with the embassy to collect the visa because the VO couldn't get contact them.. Especially the offices based out of Central America.. You have to admit it's a very useful tool because some ppl don't check ecas as often right.. where as they check email daily.. and we all know that even 1 day can make a huge difference when it comes to submitting docs or anything else related to the process.. EG - the delhi office updates randomly on Ecas but they send the PPR before decision is made. PPR pick up info is generally delayed by the delhi postal system.. But, they update Ecas once visa is issued so ppl can go pick up the passport without waiting for the office to inform them..

watnxt

Feb 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
File Transfer...
10-11-2010
Yes, I agree with you. It is useful one. Since I check eCas every day i dont really need it. It is up to ppl. If you want easy way with bit risk then use the tracking web. If you are ready to put some time to check ecas every day then you dont need the web.
Anyhow tracker is useful and less work for uses. I just dont like it since i need to give out personal info.
So what you had for lunch?

melbell_28

Oct 2, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-11-2010
Doc's Request.
10-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-01-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2010
Med's Done....
28-06-2010
a bagel dude... sad right?

watnxt

Feb 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
File Transfer...
10-11-2010
Are you on "Shrinking program"? How skiny want to be? Some time we get high windy...dont forgot that..lol

melbell_28

Oct 2, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-11-2010
Doc's Request.
10-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-01-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2010
Med's Done....
28-06-2010
oh shush u!! since its my last week, i'm trying to empty out my food stash at work.. so that;s why I keep eating random things :)

watnxt

Feb 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
File Transfer...
10-11-2010
wow...u have own kitchen at work place...lol
I thought u r trying to become (canadian) Aishwarya rai (or whatever) beore your guy get here. lol

melbell_28

Oct 2, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-11-2010
Doc's Request.
10-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-01-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2010
Med's Done....
28-06-2010
are u kidding me? I'm not over weight or anything.. But I love food!! Hubby is an amazing cook and I bake the best cheese cake ever. I bake it and then sit at home and eat it by myself too :p

food is one of the few things that I think should be truly enjoyed.. when we got married in Colombo, we had the wedding at galle face. Unlike traditional buffet wedding meals, we had very specific items that my hubby and i like to eat at the wedding.. on one side we had bbq - that's what he likes.. so full blown kebab bbq.. sea food, meat, veggies, wedges etc etc. on the other (my side) we had fresh egg and plain hoppers, pittu, roti and yummy curries :) we had action stations on both sides so all ppl had to do was go ask for what they wanted and they made it fresh..

our parents thought i was crazy, but food is that important to me.. nothing beats a good egg hopper the way i see it!

watnxt

Feb 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
File Transfer...
10-11-2010
You made me to check my lunch box again. Nothing left. I already ate my lunch. Now I need to get something from out side.....arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I love cheese cake. That is what i always buy for b.day. I used to eat alot here when I was in uni. Williams Cafe make good cheese cake. I even ate cheese cake as my dinner many days. I miss williams cafe cheese cake. :( :p

melbell_28

Oct 2, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-11-2010
Doc's Request.
10-12-2010
AOR Received.
06-01-2011
File Transfer...
20-12-2010
Med's Done....
28-06-2010
hahahaha!! yeah me too!! i got godiva choco cheese cake from the cheesecake factory from buffalo on sunday. had it for lunch on sunday, then a piece on monday night for dinner and i have a tiny bit left for tonight.. mmmm..

watnxt, i will be working on wentworth court in brampton.. any place around there to eat??

T7

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2010
AOR Received.
18-12-2010
File Transfer...
30-12-2010
Med's Done....
16-09-2010
Passport Req..
01-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2011
LANDED..........
10-09-2011
Mel, isn't that south of Brampton, goreway? I am pretty sure you won't find anything close by but u should locate a lot of places to eat on goreway.

Good luck with your new job.