01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Saina said:
For me they asked same thing faa hope we all get our visa by this September
hope v all get ppr soon

And by the way on 23rd cic introducing to link our application to Sign-In Partner or a Government of Canada login (GCKey).
Hope we can see some more information about our appication online,

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/link.asp

Faa1599

Feb 27, 2016
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
December 2015
Doc's Request.
July 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
November 2015 Re-medical- November 2016
Interview........
November 2015
Passport Req..
20th January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2017
LANDED..........
2nd February 2017
Saina said:
For me they asked same thing faa hope we all get our visa by this September
When did you get the letter and when did you submit the docs? Yeah hope we get it as soon as possible! Fingers crossed!

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
vijay1987 said:
i hope it for gud and i am not sure about how long it will take because we all know the SL visa office is damn slow...but dont worry u will get it soon.did u order any notes recently?

Yesterday i received my notes and below is the last update on my application which my wife did an mp query.

Date 07/06/16

Received a request for case specfic via MP line. Spoke to vince the office of niki.ashoton. Informed on file status, Criminatliy and security in started.

Any idea about the above notes guys?
Hi Vijay,
Is there any indications in your GCMS notes that they have actually started the Eligibility, Criminality and Security? When I ordered mine, it stated NOT STARTED beside each of those.

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Hi All,
I am going to see the MP today. I was wondering is it a good idea to tell the visa officer that we have seen the GCMS regarding our case and on it stated pending interview and it has been almost 5 months we have no received any correspondence? I am not sure if we should tell them that or not mention about the GCMS notes and just ask them what's causing the delay through the MP?

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2012 Refused 2014- Reopened Jan 2016
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Lav_Canadian said:
Hi Vijay,
Is there any indications in your GCMS notes that they have actually started the Eligibility, Criminality and Security? When I ordered mine, it stated NOT STARTED beside each of those.
hi Lav,

No indication of that but last update on note says montreal offfice informed to mp office that criminality and security check is started.

But on status on my application shows both not started... still confused y montreal office told that to mp office

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
vijay1987 said:
hi Lav,

No indication of that but last update on note says montreal offfice informed to mp office that criminality and security check is started.

But on status on my application shows both not started... still confused y montreal office told that to mp office
Oh ok thanks Vijay. I read in other thread that sometimes they update the status once everything is completed. How come Montreal office responded to the MP's inquiry instead of the colombo visa office? MP didn't get a direct response from the Colombo visa office? Also, how long it took for the MP office to receive response? I am going to see the MP today and will order GCMS again in two weeks and see if there is any progress. On the previous GCMS it stated interview pending it has been almost 5 dates no correspondance from them so lets wait and see what happens

Saina

Star Member
Oct 12, 2015
Hi lav thanks for ur reply personally.when did he got pcc from India.is that acceptable from local police station ...can u plz reply I'm so scared nowadays.in Indian embassy they are issuing pcc for Indian national holders

Praba

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Saina said:
Is there any hard and fast rule to submit Indian pcc from Indian embassy which is in srilanka!!!
If u want to take quickly u have to get it from chennai police high commission

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Saina said:
Hi lav thanks for ur reply personally.when did he got pcc from India.is that acceptable from local police station ...can u plz reply I'm so scared nowadays.in Indian embassy they are issuing pcc for Indian national holders
My husband got it from the local police station in chennai and they accepted it so don't worry relax :). If it was unacceptable they wud have informed to us by now. Check you personal mail I sent u the address of the police station.

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Saina said:
Is there any hard and fast rule to submit Indian pcc from Indian embassy which is in srilanka!!!
My husband went to India and got it in person from the local police station so I am not sure how it works in Sri Lanka. Hope some one else wud answer your question.

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Saina said:
Hi lav,any notifications from mp??
Hi Saina, MP office contacted the immigration in Canada and they said my husband is in queue for interview and they are doing the background check. They will contact us when they are ready for the interview. They didn't give us a timeframe, just said they can't tell how long it will take...we just have to wait.

Faa1599

Feb 27, 2016
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
December 2015
Doc's Request.
July 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
November 2015 Re-medical- November 2016
Interview........
November 2015
Passport Req..
20th January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2017
LANDED..........
2nd February 2017
vijay1987 said:
hope v all get ppr soon

And by the way on 23rd cic introducing to link our application to Sign-In Partner or a Government of Canada login (GCKey).
Hope we can see some more information about our appication online,

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/link.asp
Did any of you try this?