+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

Deb@Allstars

Apr 26, 2021
Hi I need some help and info as the Primary applicant is inland and dependent(spouse) is not in Canada, so how do i proceed forward especially during this time. I have received the ITA but am not sure how to proceed further?Any help in this matter will be of great assistance.
Can Anyone help me on this

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
Any Inland CEC applicant with spouse outland here? My medicals were expired but now status changed from " We do not need medical" to "We are reviewing the results of your medical exam "
I confirmed my medical got extended on April 20th for a year but on call agent couldn't confirm the same for my outland spouse. Anybody with same updates? Is there any hope for us after all ?

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2020
Can Anyone help me on this
You have two options -

1) Apply for just yourself. Once you get the PR, you can file for sponsorship. The approximate time this would take under normal circumstances (not COVID) is 18 months (6 months for PR + 12 months for sponsorship)

2) Apply for both of you - This would take a minimum of 6 months (if not less). Let's hope that in the next 6 months IRCC realizes that they shouldn't keep outland dependents abroad and starts processing these applications as well.

I would incline towards option (2). Goodluck!

iravlad

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
October 2019
Greetings,
Had been following the thread for a couple months now. Firstly, for the people having really tough time, I would encourage to keep believing, you are not alone and are the strength of those waiting to see you and vice versa. Covid hurt our years but let's hope this is the last of them and we get to live with our family for the rest of our lives. Secondly, I am looking up to you people for sincere piece of advice. So, here is my profile;

CEC - PRINCIPAL APPLICANT (Applied Feb, 2020)
DEPENDENT: WIFE (OUTLAND), NEVER BEEN TO CANADA AND HER VISIT VISA WAS REFUSED BEFORE WE APPLIED FOR PR

Currently, I am on open work permit that expires in less than two months.

I applied for GCMS notes but it's been more than 45 days and I haven't got them yet.

Now,I am going to apply for bridging open work permit(BOWP) and was wondering if I am able to, and if so, should I add my wife to the application for spousal open work permit (SOWP)?

Also, any further comments would be much appreciated,

Thanks
hi, did you get your gcms? applied as well on March 9, still waiting, wondering if anybody in the same situation got at last

shredder

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
11-09-2020
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
hi, did you get your gcms? applied as well on March 9, still waiting, wondering if anybody in the same situation got at last
GCMS ordered: March, 12. 2021
GCMS received: April, 14. 2021

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
You have two options -

1) Apply for just yourself. Once you get the PR, you can file for sponsorship. The approximate time this would take under normal circumstances (not COVID) is 18 months (6 months for PR + 12 months for sponsorship)

2) Apply for both of you - This would take a minimum of 6 months (if not less). Let's hope that in the next 6 months IRCC realizes that they shouldn't keep outland dependents abroad and starts processing these applications as well.

I would incline towards option (2). Goodluck!
I hope you are right about the option 2. I am also routing for option 2 to become active in coming months.

Yubsco

Star Member
Dec 12, 2020
Lagos Nigeria
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
20-04-2020
AOR Received.
21-05-2020
Any Inland CEC applicant with spouse outland here? My medicals were expired but now status changed from " We do not need medical" to "We are reviewing the results of your medical exam "
I confirmed my medical got extended on April 20th for a year but on call agent couldn't confirm the same for my outland spouse. Anybody with same updates? Is there any hope for us after all ?
Mine was not extended. I got a mail today to retake medicals exam again

Nov 21, 2020
Well, Shelby did great during our interviews yesterday. She asked all related questions concerning our situation obviously trying to highlight our issue from all sides and answering beforehand the would-be questions of readers. She asked my husband if he could participate in a zoom meeting with a Committee on Immigration if it took place. So, it seems she has a further plan for her article beyond the interviews with us. Also, she called a girl from our WA group who is a single mum of a newborn son while her husband is not allowed to come to Canada and did and behaved the same being friendly-minded and professional. She didn't provide firm dates for her article to be published, like next week or a week after.
@iravlad - any update from Shelby?

iravlad

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
October 2019
GCMS ordered: March, 12. 2021
GCMS received: April, 14. 2021
what site did you use? thegetgcmsonline told me that its a common issue for the requests submitted between 3 and 9 march.
"We haven't received any extension on your request. The requests placed between March 3rd to March 9th are getting delayed due to inexplicable reasons. We are following up with ATIP rigorously to get an update on your application.
We will apprise you if we get any response"

• Sad
Reactions: shredder

iravlad

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
October 2019
they extended medicals of my husband as primary inland, ours - didn't. The call centre agent told that they will send us a remedical request. But I don't trust those call centre agents. I have a feeling that ircc is getting prepared our PAs for finalization and issuing COPR and will neglect us for the rest of our lives. Or just will throw out dependents from the file and close it as they did to Fay's husband in November. Going schedule asap a consultation with immigration lawyer and start if possible the mandamus process