+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

royarnab

Star Member
Mar 14, 2021
Hi guys, does this mean everything passed, except Security? And the application is put on hold because of covid? Btw, I have outland dependents on my application.

The Case Processing Center - Ottawa office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the applicant and their family members (if applicable) meet the eligibility requirements under the class for which they have applied.

the eligibility requirements assessment was finalized on April 10, 2021.

The medical examination results are on file and valid for the applicants.

The criminality verifications are currently valid for the applicants.

The security verifications have not been initiated for the applicants.

Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing times for this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for the applicant and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.
Wats your aor?

dairohoney

Mar 29, 2021
Greetings,
Please I need advice; I got my BOWP in feb 2021 which is valid for a year. Is it advisable to apply for SOWP or TRV for my spouse? I have applied for PR but same excuse of covid protocols.

Nov 21, 2020
I remember you had received a GU last week . any progress after that?
No progress. The funny thing is that I called again and this time I was told that there was no update at all. The other agent a week ago told me she could see the officer worked on my file. I don't know what to believe lol. I assume the change/update is insignificant and that's why they wouldn't talk about it

Reactions: Moazali6

akki2493

Apr 26, 2021
Hi,
I applied for CEC Express entry and submitted my documents on December 1, 2020.
Then I travelled to India to get married and got married on January 5, 2021.
I raised webform and got my wife added to my Express Entry as dependant on 1 April 2021
and she got her medical updated on 15 April 2021. We haven't received Biometric request for her yet.
Now with everything closed in India and reading about Inland and Outland thing,
I was wondering if its a good idea to apply for SOWP. Wanted to know if thats an option? Also, if I apply for SOWP, can I request IRCC by sending mail to expedite the process for SOWP?

Bmk_

Apr 24, 2021
Hi all,
Bowp and sowp need to be separate applications or on the same application?
Should one wait to get bowp before they apply for sowp?

Thank you

Ekta Desai

Jun 11, 2020
Hello,

I have submitted PR application as Cec candidate and spouse (Outland). Last year we applied for spouse open work permit twice which was rejected both times. My question is, for our PR application, do we need to submit both refusal letters or its not mandatory??

Thanks,

Nov 21, 2020
Hello,

I have submitted PR application as Cec candidate and spouse (Outland). Last year we applied for spouse open work permit twice which was rejected both times. My question is, for our PR application, do we need to submit both refusal letters or its not mandatory??

Thanks,
As part of your PR application, there is a list statutory declaration questions where they ask you if your visa application in the past got denied. You absolutely must tell them about the rejections (just one line with the application number, no need to attach refusal letters).

They do thorough background checks so they will eventually know that your work permit was rejected in the past. If you don't tell them - this can go against you as this is 'misrepresentation' of information.

Why were you denied spouse open work permit last year?

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
As part of your PR application, there is a list statutory declaration questions where they ask you if your visa application in the past got denied. You absolutely must tell them about the rejections (just one line with the application number, no need to attach refusal letters).

They do thorough background checks so they will eventually know that your work permit was rejected in the past. If you don't tell them - this can go against you as this is 'misrepresentation' of information.

Why were you denied spouse open work permit last year?
Hi, if the visa refusal was 15 years ago for another country, say Australia is it still necessary to mention it? Is there a limit to the number of years they might go back? @legalfalcon

Deb@Allstars

Apr 26, 2021
Hi I need some help and info as the Primary applicant is inland and dependent(spouse) is not in Canada, so how do i proceed forward especially during this time. I have received the ITA but am not sure how to proceed further?Any help in this matter will be of great assistance.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi, if the visa refusal was 15 years ago for another country, say Australia is it still necessary to mention it? Is there a limit to the number of years they might go back? @legalfalcon
There is no limit, if you have even been refused a visa, it has to be disclosed.

All your visa refusals should be declared in your application, not doing so can lead to misrepresentation. As per law you have an obligation to be truthful. Section 16(1) of the IRPA states:
  • 16 (1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

See Tuiran v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 324 (CanLII), <http://canlii.ca/t/hr59k
Alalami v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 328 (CanLII), <http://canlii.ca/t/hr6r1>

If you inadvertently missed declaring your prior visa refusal or are unaware of an application for visa you filed, you can list it in your LoE and explain.

talgat1101

Star Member
Dec 19, 2019
Hi! I have a pending PR application primary applicant inland and dependents outland. My family plan to visit US for a vacation soon. My question is, while my family in the US, can we request for an exemption for our pr application to be processed normally since they will be exempt from travel restrictions based on reunification with spouse in Canada and that they will be travelling from US. The IRCC site states that they are prioritizing applications that are exempt from restrictions.. so since family meet an exemption criteria, can we request for our PR application to be completed or not? AIP program, AR april 2020, AOR December 2020 since no update. Also we can apply for SOWP from US. Will it help to get SOWP from US, as my family had rejection for TRV before?

I will appreciate for responding.

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
There is no limit, if you have even been refused a visa, it has to be disclosed.

All your visa refusals should be declared in your application, not doing so can lead to misrepresentation. As per law you have an obligation to be truthful. Section 16(1) of the IRPA states:
  • 16 (1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

See Tuiran v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 324 (CanLII), <http://canlii.ca/t/hr59k
Alalami v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 328 (CanLII), <http://canlii.ca/t/hr6r1>

If you inadvertently missed declaring your prior visa refusal or are unaware of an application for visa you filed, you can list it in your LoE and explain.
Thank you so much for your response

Reactions: legalfalcon