+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnant Spouse immig process

mussaffir

Feb 7, 2009
Hi
I need advice regarding my spouse PR sponsorship applicant , My wife case has been filed on dec and transferred to Islamabad on Jan 2009.She has just received a letter of acceptance of her case from Canadian high commission Islamabad but she is now pregnant, during her medical which was in Nov 2008 we were unaware of pregnancy and later on it was disclosed to us .I dont know whether she would be able to travel by the time she got her immig visa . Can anybody tell me Should we have to declare pregnancy status to immig canada right now or can we wait till delivery as i supposed she will get her Immig visa before expected delivery time of child birth and do what would happen or we need to do considering if the delivery will happens in pakistan.

I would appreciate if somebody answers to my queries as soon as possible

Thanks and Regards

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
OK, first we need to know a couple of things. When is the child due to be born, and will s/he need to be sponsored also? If you are not a Canadian citizen and the baby is born in Pakistan, s/he will have to be added to your wife's PR application after the birth or you will never be able to bring the child to Canada.

So, please let us know and we can help further.

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
I would send a positive test confirmation and also an ultrasound.. it helps in supporting ur case.. i did the same! :)

mussaffir

Feb 7, 2009
Thanks Robsluv and Fairouzm .Well the baby delivery is due sometime in between July - August 2009 , i have already sent a postal mail to Immigration Canada Mississauga and Canadian embassy in Pakistan telling my wife is pregnant and if they need anything in future they can contact us. Is that enough ? I don't know exactly whether her Dr. would allow her to travel carrying pregnancy if she gets her immigration visa earlier to delivery date . She has currently received a letter from Canadian embassy Islamabad telling her case has arrived to them and they have mentioned it will take max 9 months to process the application.