+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre Arrival Letter

Sarah0018

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Hi! I received a PFL last November 2022, responded to IRCC last December 2022 and a few weeks ago I received a Pre Arrival Letter.

Is it a good sign? Upon checking my PR portal, eligibility still in progress. I dont have access to Gckey since I have a representative. Which is more accurate when it comes to new updates, gckey or pr portal?

Thanks!

RemiPuppy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2022
Sounds like a good sign! Although pre-arrival letters don't really correlate to something happening soon. Some people are receiving pre-arrival a few days ahead of portal credentials, and then there's us, who got pre arrival in July and still don't have portal credentials. Just have to be patient, unfortunately

Sarah0018

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
It is a good sign. Not a 100% sign, but a good sign.
Hi again. While waiting for PPR, Id like to register for Pre Arrival Services. Upon registering, i encountered the current occupation question. I am currently self employed (neighbors connect to my internet connection) but none on the dropdown list matches my current work. Should i just choose unemployed?

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
Hi again. While waiting for PPR, Id like to register for Pre Arrival Services. Upon registering, i encountered the current occupation question. I am currently self employed (neighbors connect to my internet connection) but none on the dropdown list matches my current work. Should i just choose unemployed?
How is letting neighbours use your internet connection a job?

• Haha
Reactions: Canuck11

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job... side hustle... whatever you call it. "Wifi connect" or "piso net", its a thing here in the Philippines. Just so you know. Puts food to our table.
Good for you. Whatever works. I'd call that entrepreneur or businessperson or telecoms or whatever.

Anyway, hardly matters for purposes of the pre-arrival services, except to extent it's looking for a job, in which case - ask when you get the services how to approach.

Point being: when they ask you on these forms, it's NOT in any way a problem and won't be checked against other forms or with IRCC, it's for their own purposes. Answer however works best for you.

Reactions: ERCAN and Sarah0018

Sarah0018

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Good for you. Whatever works. I'd call that entrepreneur or businessperson or telecoms or whatever.

Anyway, hardly matters for purposes of the pre-arrival services, except to extent it's looking for a job, in which case - ask when you get the services how to approach.

Point being: when they ask you on these forms, it's NOT in any way a problem and won't be checked against other forms or with IRCC, it's for their own purposes. Answer however works best for you.
Thank you very much for your helpful reply. Glad someone replied to my question with an "answer".

Reactions: armoured