+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

rgoud

Jan 2, 2024
I received my P1 on July 9. Responded on the same day.
I see few P2 emails for others for July too. Is anyone who is in the same timeline.

I accidentally created PR Portal login sometime back and now I am worried If I get P2 email or will this delay the process.

lairepmijm

Star Member
Jun 26, 2024
I see few P2 emails for others for July too. Is anyone who is in the same timeline.

I accidentally created PR Portal login sometime back and now I am worried If I get P2 email or will this delay the process.
I already had an account but it didn't affect anything, my P2 email was just a bit different and it didn't have a username and password. I did let them know I already had an account though after P1.

rgoud

Jan 2, 2024
I already had an account but it didn't affect anything, my P2 email was just a bit different and it didn't have a username and login. I did let them know I already had an account though after P1.
How did you let them know? phone lines are not connecting.

Jun 28, 2024

I think portal 2 is where I submitted my non-EE application, so having an existing account is normal for many applicants.
I received P1 on July 11 but neither the email nor the GC portal said the final decision was made. I also tried KAI last week and nothing happened.
The GC portal's final decision updated on July 10 said that they are still reviewing.
The P1 attached letter said, "Your application for permanent residence is now ready for finalization pending the confirmation of your permanent residence status."
Not sure if they still need more time to approve my case. How about your situation?

lairepmijm

Star Member
Jun 26, 2024
I replied on my P1 originally on the same day but I sent another email 3-4 weeks after, saying "i apologize for the multiple emails but just wanted to let you know that I do have an existing account already, please do let me know if this affect anything or if there's anything I need to do on my end" it was kind of my way to resend the email too. Lol

Reactions: rgoud

rgoud

Jan 2, 2024
I think portal 2 is where I submitted my non-EE application, so having an existing account is normal for many applicants.
I received P1 on July 11 but neither the email nor the GC portal said the final decision was made. I also tried KAI last week and nothing happened.
The GC portal's final decision updated on July 10 said that they are still reviewing.
The P1 attached letter said, "Your application for permanent residence is now ready for finalization pending the confirmation of your permanent residence status."
Not sure if they still need more time to approve my case. How about your situation?
I too had the same P1 attached letter like you. and my final decision is like this "July 8, 2024 Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made." I received P1 on July 8.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexsav

nzkko

Star Member
May 13, 2024
Is there any one who’s photo is still under review after receiving ecopr? How long does it take to get PR card after ecopr? According to recent trends
For some people it's under review even after they receive their PR card. Don't worry. 42 days for PR card is the estimated processing time, there is another thread in which you can see exact timelines

Reactions: SAITEJA.DOPPALAPUDI

AnthonyB

Mar 24, 2023
I had the same issue, I think they noticed that we are inadvertently/Intentionally creating the accounts so they factor that in when setting up P2. Before I heard you had to wait months for them to reset it and now I've seen comments where they load it to the same account in 2-3 days.
In my case I sent a webform to let them know I created an account when I was applying for PR but they replied long after I got my eCoPR and said the situation was not an issue and they were aware of the account.

nzkko

Star Member
May 13, 2024
I had the same issue, I think they noticed that we are inadvertently/Intentionally creating the accounts so they factor that in when setting up P2. Before I heard you had to wait months for them to reset it and now I've seen comments where they load it to the same account in 2-3 days.
In my case I sent a webform to let them know I created an account when I was applying for PR but they replied long after I got my eCoPR and said the situation was not an issue and they were aware of the account.
Now most people have to apply via the PR portal as well. So the account creation is probably no longer an issue

Reactions: AnthonyB

shineyliu

Jan 20, 2023
They reject my photo 7.8 (2 weeks after GU1....) and office has been transferred to Mtl... dont know why??
I reuploaded my photo same day on 7.8
Does anyone know how long should I expect after the reupload? It has been two weeks.....
Does anyone have similar timeline?