+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card renewal through online application

Zaloony

Jul 8, 2017
Hey everyone- I have submitted my PR renewal application online on May 5th on urgency basis since it was going to expire, but I have not received anything yet so I reached out to my local PM and his team has sent a status request to IRCC highlighting the urgency. I’m still waiting for their feedback but the odd is that I was able to link my application to my GCKey account today. I’ve trying to do that since I applied but I always failed. The status shows that it’s still under process. Could it mean that it was approved but not yet reflected on the system? I remember someone said that he could only link it when his application was approved. Please let me know your thoughts.
P.S my application number started having an R since the first week after submission (about a month ago)

NiSn

Mar 17, 2018
All, I submitted PR renewal application yesterday but forgot to add detail about a 60 day absence from canada after soft landing in 2019. Even with this 60 day absence, i will easily be over 1200 days of presence in Canada in last 5 years. Does any one know if i can edit the application and if not, would it still be an issue?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
All, I submitted PR renewal application yesterday but forgot to add detail about a 60 day absence from canada after soft landing in 2019. Even with this 60 day absence, i will easily be over 1200 days of presence in Canada in last 5 years. Does any one know if i can edit the application and if not, would it still be an issue?
submit a webform to update your application/explain the additional 60 days of absent .

NateAlexander

Apr 21, 2015
App. Filed.......
10-26-2018
Med's Request
01-12-2019
Med's Done....
02-21-2019
So I’ve been struggling with the issue of the form IMM5444 nor showing as Ready to Submit. I have attached all of my documents, consistently checked my addresses and only had one absence from Canada during my residency time, which has been added. I don’t have any obvious errors or issues showing or being alerted by the form, it just will not show as ready to submit.. I am really frustrated because I emailed IRCC using their form and the agent didn’t read my query at all!! I got every step I listed I had done in my complaint, and shared screenshots of the “initiated” form.. My residency end July 15 2024, and I’ve been working on this form for almost A MONTH NOW,!! Literally been in tears hahaha please tell me there’s something else I haven’t tried that isn’t from the first 4-5 pages of this thread… thank you!!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I’ve been struggling with the issue of the form IMM5444 nor showing as Ready to Submit. I have attached all of my documents, consistently checked my addresses and only had one absence from Canada during my residency time, which has been added. I don’t have any obvious errors or issues showing or being alerted by the form, it just will not show as ready to submit.. I am really frustrated because I emailed IRCC using their form and the agent didn’t read my query at all!! I got every step I listed I had done in my complaint, and shared screenshots of the “initiated” form.. My residency end July 15 2024, and I’ve been working on this form for almost A MONTH NOW,!! Literally been in tears hahaha please tell me there’s something else I haven’t tried that isn’t from the first 4-5 pages of this thread… thank you!!
Might be time to submit a paper application. The online route is worse than when a new video game is launched...filled with bugs and glitches.

Make sure to send it via a courier so you know it has been delivered.

noob2027

Jun 23, 2024
Hello everyone, I am a newbie here in this thread, I am a PR living in Vancouver BC, my PR card has expired, (it only has a 5 year validity) I need to renew my PR card because I wanted to visit the USA soon, I did fill up my a PR card application for renewal online. However, it keeps on coming back twice, I got an email that my application was returned due to missing supplementary travel log, I did send my old passport from my home country back home with a CBSA stamped of my arrival in YVR and the PR immigrant visa attached on the passport along with my BC drivers license and BCID as primary ID document requirements, I could no longer do it on my own because of my erratic work schedule, I no longer have time to do the process for the 3rd time, I visited an RICC (Regulated Immigration Consultant of Canada) office and was advised of the cost of assisting me with the PR CARD renewal application process which I think is not complicated and can be completed in less than 30 minutes via paper application or online, I was being asked to shell out CAD$750.00 before taxes as payment for processing my PR card renewal application process, I believe this is an exorbitant fee, given the fact that my case is not that complicated. Thanks for your input guys.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello everyone, I am a newbie here in this thread, I am a PR living in Vancouver BC, my PR card has expired, (it only has a 5 year validity) I need to renew my PR card because I wanted to visit the USA soon, I did fill up my a PR card application for renewal online. However, it keeps on coming back twice, I got an email that my application was returned due to missing supplementary travel log, I did send my old passport from my home country back home with a CBSA stamped of my arrival in YVR and the PR immigrant visa attached on the passport along with my BC drivers license and BCID as primary ID document requirements, I could no longer do it on my own because of my erratic work schedule, I no longer have time to do the process for the 3rd time, I visited an RICC (Regulated Immigration Consultant of Canada) office and was advised of the cost of assisting me with the PR CARD renewal application process which I think is not complicated and can be completed in less than 30 minutes via paper application or online, I was being asked to shell out CAD$750.00 before taxes as payment for processing my PR card renewal application process, I believe this is an exorbitant fee, given the fact that my case is not that complicated. Thanks for your input guys.
If you think it is simple and quick, do it yourself. If you find it too complicated, pay the money.

It seems to me you're spending time looking for someone else to do it that could be used to complete the forms, carefully, while reading instructions.

Reactions: YVR123 and Ponga