+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Oh that's good news still. congrats to her, hopefully we get ours this week. I applied May 15th.
Maybe yours is approved already.
Call IRCC and ask about “Eligibility Status”.

If it’s passed you should get your permit soon.

The online system sucks, I had to call and get confirmation of approval for my application.

Stormie

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Maybe yours is approved already.
Call IRCC and ask about “Eligibility Status”.

If it’s passed you should get your permit soon.

The online system sucks, I had to call and get confirmation of approval for my application.
Oh really?? Wow. Okay. How long did it take from when you applied to when you called them to confirm the approval?

deepu6400

Aug 7, 2019
I just talked to cic agent and I just curious about as she said everything seems good on your file and Expect something soon from us about the decision.. I dnt know how much wait mean by soon! I applied on 3rd of may

jaspersun0106

Jul 13, 2019
I just talked to cic agent and I just curious about as she said everything seems good on your file and Expect something soon from us about the decision.. I dnt know how much wait mean by soon! I applied on 3rd of may
she said your application is good, i think you will get yours this week.

hanami

Jul 23, 2019
I agree that it's likely that you will hear back from them this week as she said your application is good. I'm just curious. If she said your application is good, it means that they already worked on your files. Why do they still delay the final decision?

deepu6400

Aug 7, 2019
I agree that it's likely that you will hear back from them this week as she said your application is good. I'm just curious. If she said your application is good, it means that they already worked on your files. Why do they still delay the final decision?
I dont know! I just want whenever they make decision I wish I hear something good _/\_

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Oh really?? Wow. Okay. How long did it take from when you applied to when you called them to confirm the approval?
Mine wasn’t for a PGWP .

It was for a SP Extension.

However all applications go through checks and eligibility is one of them.

My eligibility passed way back but was shown late on my account.

You could try and checking with the call centre and see what they gotta say.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018

Did you ask if you passed eligibility ?

deepu6400

Aug 7, 2019
Sorry i want to ask what do they ask when you call them. What information do we have to give them. i didn’t applied mine by my self but i have my application number what els do they ask for confirmation.
Just your file number then few security question like birth place cell number your current address your date of birth. That all they asked

Asli

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Hello, you should select option # 2. I am exactly in the same situation as you. However, I'm not sure if we can apply for a work permit while our PGWP is processing :( I really don't know what to do! Maybe we should apply for a visitor visa, but in this case, they can't work.
Hopefully, we will finish his application tomorrow and submit it right away. I recommend you to do the same, especially if your spouse has a job at the moment which he wants to keep. Don't wait to get your result of PGWP. Our spouse's condition is connected to us. I mean if they approve us, they will approve their application. If they refuse us, they will refuse their application too. Apply for a visitor visa or work permit won't change it because in both of the situations we need to prove that we have a status in Canada to have a right to extend our dependants stay in Canada. We wrote down a detailed letter of explanation and we pointed out there we will send my PGWP right away via web form as soon as I get it which seems like it probably will happen in September. Their Open work permit processing time also seems like around 98 days so I think we will have enough time to upload the result of our application to their file before they started checking their eligibility.

jaspersun0106

Jul 13, 2019
Hope those applications between May 13th-19th will have some response this week, and applications between May 20th-26th will response next week. Do not push my application to September. PLS, Finger Crossed.

Reactions: hanami