+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

hamsterlegend

Apr 28, 2023
Hey everyone,
I just received my PGWP approval today (applied within Canada)
Applied: June 2
Wp-Ext: June 3
Final decision (Approval for 3 years): June 26

It only took 24 days to process my application. I also had 1 part-time semester during my first year but my case is quite unique as the situation was not in my control.
Best of luck to everyone!

preet412

May 21, 2024
Is it possible to stay in Canada and continue working under maintained status while my PGWP extension application is being processed?

kiran bapodara

May 20, 2024
Raise a webform . I did it 3 times every month , until i got a proper response like below. The key is maintaining the status -In your case you are mainatining the status (https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship/helpcentre/glossary.html#maintained-status) - i believe you are in implied status!!

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your work permit application is still in process. If the letter we sent you when you applied online to extend or change your work permit is now expired and you haven’t left Canada, you have maintained your status. You can keep working under the same conditions of your current work permit until we make a decision on your application.
How long they took to reply on you webform?? I mean how much months as i have also submitted a webform on 26th june but still i didn’t get any response yet

Jul 14, 2021
Did you apply for visitor record before study permit expired?
hey man it seems like you paid the correct fees so i think you are OK provided all your documents are good.
you can go through my profile to read about my personal (and stressful) journey to finally receiving PGWP, but i applied with a similar position, my study permit expired May 30 2023 and I didnt know my letter of completion and transcript would come after, but they came on June 11th and I applied for PGWP with restoration of status. ($255 + $350)

I got approved for PGWP with full validity on Oct 23rd 2023
hey man it seems like you paid the correct fees so i think you are OK provided all your documents are good.
you can go through my profile to read about my personal (and stressful) journey to finally receiving PGWP, but i applied with a similar position, my study permit expired May 30 2023 and I didnt know my letter of completion and transcript would come after, but they came on June 11th and I applied for PGWP with restoration of status. ($255 + $350)

I got approved for PGWP with full validity on Oct 23rd 2023

naidusuresh36

Feb 1, 2023
PGWP ext paper based application, due to passport expiry. Successfully completed a whole year of waiting. Still nothing.
Applied on August 31st 2023.

HichB

Sep 11, 2024
Anyone who applied in May heard back this month? I applied May 14 and still waiting.
Same here, applied 28th of May, still no update, employers run away when I mention Im on WP-EXT for PGWP and IRCC dont give a damn about this.
Have you been updated about yours?