+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible NOC Code rejection?

Mel P

Feb 27, 2013
Hey!

I am a september applicant and have been following the processes of the CEC applicants. Today I saw a June applicant get rejected for a wrong NOC code which now has me worried about the NOC Code I put on my application.

The NOC Code is 1241 - Administrative Assistant

and the duties listed on my job letter that was sent are:

-Respond to client inquiries: help process registrations/payments; deliver quotes to clients
-Keep records of customer interactions and transactions through CRM system
-Help maintain vendor course listings with up to date and accurate information. Inform staff of any important changes and additional information provided by vendors
-Maintain the MS Employ listing
-Managing of other websites ( *list of websites here*)

The letter also states I reported to the operation manager.

In your opinion do you feel this is sufficient for the 1241 - Administrative Assistant NOC Code?

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
I don't even think you are eligible for CEC...1421 is not a skilled position I think..

Mel P

Feb 27, 2013
There isnt a 1421 NOC code as far as I know. I made a typo

1241 is what i meant and its classified as B

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
It's hard to say because the duties seem similar.. it may come down to the first few in the order listed.

NOC 1241: http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=1241
Main duties

Administrative assistants perform some or all of the following duties:
•Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and related material from machine dictation and handwritten copy
•Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations
•Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings of employer
•Order office supplies and maintain inventory
•Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages
•Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
•Determine and establish office procedures
•Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct visitors to employer or appropriate person
•Record and prepare minutes of meetings
•Arrange travel schedules and make reservations
•May compile data, statistics and other information to support research activities
•May supervise and train office staff in procedures and in use of current software.
•May organize conferences

NOC 1411: http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/Profile.aspx?val=1&val1=1411
Main duties

General office support workers perform some or all of the following duties:
•Prepare correspondence, reports, statements, forms, presentations, applications and other documents from notes or dictaphone
•Respond to telephone, in person or electronic enquiries or forward to appropriate person
•Provide general information to staff, clients and the public regarding company or program rules, regulations and procedures
•Photocopy and collate documents for distribution, mailing and filing
•Sort and file documents according to established filing systems, locate and retrieve documents from files as requested and maintain records of filed and removed materials
•Maintain and prepare reports from manual or electronic files, inventories, mailing lists and databases
•Process incoming and outgoing mail, manually or electronically
•Send and receive messages and documents using fax machine or electronic mail
•Assist with administrative procedures such as budget submissions, contracts administration and work schedules
•Maintain inventory of office supplies, order supplies as required and arrange for servicing of office equipment
•May perform basic bookkeeping tasks such as preparing invoices and bank deposits
•May sort, process and verify receipts, expenditures, forms and other documents
•May organize the flow of work for other office support workers.

Mel P

Feb 27, 2013
Thanks for the reply. That is really really similiar. It is so far along in the process, guess i can only hope for the best now.

duerre24

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2012
AOR Received.
31/07/2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
March 14th 2012
Med's Done....
March 26th 2012
Hi Guys,

I am in a similar situation. The NOC code for one of my jobs was 1241 Administrative Assistant. I was a Submission Officer at a visa office that is contracted by consulates. Here is a description of my job duties. I have the same concern as Mel P- whether it could be interpreted as a lower skilled NOC. Below is a list of job duties in that role.

- Coordinating all administration and logistics pertaining to delivery of passports and immigration documents to the consulate, the client or the logistics company via courier and other delivery services.

- Accepting, and proofreading visa applications and immigration documents in order to ensure compliance with government laws and regulations and consular procedures.

- Answering client concerns pertaining to visa application requirements, rules and regulations, consular processing times and status of applications via email, phone and in person and advising clients on their immigration categories and requirements.

- Opening regular incoming mail from the consulate, uploading the same onto the electronic database and distributing it internally.

- Tracking the status of applications in process at the consulate using electronic tracking software and communicating information pertaining to the status of applications to the client.

- Maintaining and recording applicant information and confidential immigration documents such as visa applications, passports, birth certificates and landed-immigrant documents using internal electronic and manual filing systems and software.

- Handling financial and bank related transactions, counting cash, and preparing the end of day financial reports and submission office tallies.

- Greeting clients at the point of entry when required, enquiring as to nature of business and advising accordingly.

- Cross- referencing client information and visa application information forwarded from the submission office to ensure consistency and accuracy on the visa application.

- Performing other administrative tasks to support management as assigned.

I put NOC 1241 for this role. After I submitted my application HRSDC emailed me regarding the above and said my NOC code was NOC 1228- Employment insurance, border services and immigration officers. Now I am a bit concerned. Do you think this could be a potential problem? I mean they are both in the same skill category. At the time, NOC 1241 seemed to me to be more appropriate but now I am a bit worried. Any insights would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

duerre24

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2012
AOR Received.
31/07/2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
March 14th 2012
Med's Done....
March 26th 2012
duerre24 said:
Hi Guys,

I am in a similar situation. The NOC code for one of my jobs was 1241 Administrative Assistant. I was a Submission Officer at a visa office that is contracted by consulates. Here is a description of my job duties. I have the same concern as Mel P- whether it could be interpreted as a lower skilled NOC. Below is a list of job duties in that role.

- Coordinating all administration and logistics pertaining to delivery of passports and immigration documents to the consulate, the client or the logistics company via courier and other delivery services.

- Accepting, and proofreading visa applications and immigration documents in order to ensure compliance with government laws and regulations and consular procedures.

- Answering client concerns pertaining to visa application requirements, rules and regulations, consular processing times and status of applications via email, phone and in person and advising clients on their immigration categories and requirements.

- Opening regular incoming mail from the consulate, uploading the same onto the electronic database and distributing it internally.

- Tracking the status of applications in process at the consulate using electronic tracking software and communicating information pertaining to the status of applications to the client.

- Maintaining and recording applicant information and confidential immigration documents such as visa applications, passports, birth certificates and landed-immigrant documents using internal electronic and manual filing systems and software.

- Handling financial and bank related transactions, counting cash, and preparing the end of day financial reports and submission office tallies.

- Greeting clients at the point of entry when required, enquiring as to nature of business and advising accordingly.

- Cross- referencing client information and visa application information forwarded from the submission office to ensure consistency and accuracy on the visa application.

- Performing other administrative tasks to support management as assigned.

I put NOC 1241 for this role. After I submitted my application HRSDC emailed me regarding the above and said my NOC code was NOC 1228- Employment insurance, border services and immigration officers. Now I am a bit concerned. Do you think this could be a potential problem? I mean they are both in the same skill category. At the time, NOC 1241 seemed to me to be more appropriate but now I am a bit worried. Any insights would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Can someone please help me??

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Do your main duties also match that of code 1228? Hard to say whether it will be a problem, but where both codes are the same skill level, it may not be a big deal. Try to relax and wait for updates from CIC.

duerre24 said:
Can someone please help me??

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
duerre24 said:
Well, you applied about 10 months ago, there is nothing gained by worrying about your NOC code at this point. It's possible there's a better code, but it would probably be the same skill level, so it may not matter that much. As long as there's enough info (and personally I think there is) to indicate that it is "higher" than 1411, general office clerk, it should be OK.

duerre24

May 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/06/2012
AOR Received.
31/07/2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
March 14th 2012
Med's Done....
March 26th 2012
jes_ON said:
Well, you applied about 10 months ago, there is nothing gained by worrying about your NOC code at this point. It's possible there's a better code, but it would probably be the same skill level, so it may not matter that much. As long as there's enough info (and personally I think there is) to indicate that it is "higher" than 1411, general office clerk, it should be OK.
Thank you so much!

JasleenK

Star Member
Feb 24, 2013
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
App. Filed.......
16-06-2022
duerre24 did your application went through? I also worked as submission officer at a visa office contracted by Consulate. I am applying soon CEC under NOC 1241. Just a bit worried of the situation.

zya

Mar 25, 2013
jes_ON said:
Hi guys, I need your honest opinions. speaking of errors, i made a typo in my application for temporary work permit. I am so worried it will be the reason for rejection which i hope and pray it will not, here is my situation.

I submitted my application along with all the required documents 2 weeks ago. 2 days ago I get through all my papers and noticed that i have typed wrongly 2 numbers that corresponds the months of my start and end of my work experiences.

1st error. i typed 2008 08 instead of 2008 11 being the start date of my current work should be 2008 November
2nd error. i typed 2008 01 instead of 2008 10 being the end date of my previous work should be 2008 October

I have submitted all my certificate of employment with the correct dates and my CV that has the correct dates.

I couldn't sleep thinking that those typos could be the reason for rejection. but according to my friend i should not worry much as the visa officer will understand that typo happen sometimes. and what is important is that i have submitted all the certificate of employments with correct dates and she also said that visa officers if in doubt call the employer to confirm. I am afraid they will interpret those typos as misrepresentation of infos? guys i need your opinions pls.

thanks so much in advance. pls include me in your prayers for the positive result of my application.

zya

JBLoknath

Star Member
Feb 11, 2013
To
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Jul-2012
AOR Received.
14-Aug-2012
Med's Request
06-Apr-2013
Med's Done....
14-Apr-2013
Passport Req..
16-May-2013
Did you get the AOR?
If not, wait till you get it, and then send them the updated forms correcting those mistakes.
Please also include a cover letter explaining the need.

Do not worry, you will be fine. :)

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think zya is speaking about the errors she made in her TFWP application.

Zya, You always have an option to withdraw your previous TFWP application and submit a fresh one. Just talk to CIC call center to understand the process for withdrawing the TFWP application.