+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Possible NOC Code rejection?

zya

Mar 25, 2013
JBLoknath said:
Did you get the AOR?
If not, wait till you get it, and then send them the updated forms correcting those mistakes.
Please also include a cover letter explaining the need.

Do not worry, you will be fine. :)
@ jbloknath, thank you so much for your response, but i do not have an aor as i have submtted my application in person and i only got a file number. Anyhow when you said "ill be fine" it just made me feel better and i thank you for that. I guess what i can do is pray and wait because in other forums there were some peope who made same mistakes but it turned out fine. Their explanation says that minor typo errors should be fine specially that there are certificates of employment attached and embassy have their ways to confirm like calling the employers. As long as its not birth of date or passport numbers they said its alright :) hope it works for me too.

@ yahoo7 i dont think applications here in abu dhabi can be withdrawn. But ill check anyway. Thanks for the suggestion. Please pray for me :) thanks a lot.

Zya

mariels182

Feb 5, 2018
Hi Guys,

I am in a similar situation. The NOC code for one of my jobs was 1241 Administrative Assistant. I was a Submission Officer at a visa office that is contracted by consulates. Here is a description of my job duties. I have the same concern as Mel P- whether it could be interpreted as a lower skilled NOC. Below is a list of job duties in that role.

- Coordinating all administration and logistics pertaining to delivery of passports and immigration documents to the consulate, the client or the logistics company via courier and other delivery services.

- Accepting, and proofreading visa applications and immigration documents in order to ensure compliance with government laws and regulations and consular procedures.

- Answering client concerns pertaining to visa application requirements, rules and regulations, consular processing times and status of applications via email, phone and in person and advising clients on their immigration categories and requirements.

- Opening regular incoming mail from the consulate, uploading the same onto the electronic database and distributing it internally.

- Tracking the status of applications in process at the consulate using electronic tracking software and communicating information pertaining to the status of applications to the client.

- Maintaining and recording applicant information and confidential immigration documents such as visa applications, passports, birth certificates and landed-immigrant documents using internal electronic and manual filing systems and software.

- Handling financial and bank related transactions, counting cash, and preparing the end of day financial reports and submission office tallies.

- Greeting clients at the point of entry when required, enquiring as to nature of business and advising accordingly.

- Cross- referencing client information and visa application information forwarded from the submission office to ensure consistency and accuracy on the visa application.

- Performing other administrative tasks to support management as assigned.

I put NOC 1241 for this role. After I submitted my application HRSDC emailed me regarding the above and said my NOC code was NOC 1228- Employment insurance, border services and immigration officers. Now I am a bit concerned. Do you think this could be a potential problem? I mean they are both in the same skill category. At the time, NOC 1241 seemed to me to be more appropriate but now I am a bit worried. Any insights would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Hello duerre24, I know it's been a lot of years since you posted this information.
I am currently living the same thing you did. I work as Submission Officer at a visa office that is contracted by consulates.

Can you please tell me which NOC code you applied with? I really hope you remember and can answer this question.

To anyone also! If you have any idea what the NOC could be, please let me know. Is the exact same work as duerre24 had.

Thank you!