Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
good afternoon all. Just a quick update - or non update.
Basically no news on my file what so ever.

I actually ordered my immigration notes so I can see what is happening with my husband's file. I have no idea if it is even in Trinidad POS at this point. The notes are supposed to at least show what activity has happened with his file. Had to 40 USD and the notes take a month to come.

On the positive side my husband is here in Canada on a visitor's visa. He is staying until December and we are hoping to hear something positive by then.

Total frustration has started to set in as we received SA 3 months ago. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I am trying hard to stay positive because I know he will worry if he sees me being concerned. ::)

Anyways - that is it for now.

Please keep us in your prayers.

DSM

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 24, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 12, 2015
File Transfer...
April 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 9, 2016
Canadianinlove, keep faith, my prayers are with you. CIC ask me to obtain an FBI clearance, my prints were taken in Trinidad at a Police Station cause there is no private companies that does finger printing in Trinidad so after three months of waiting for the FBI report they said the prints were ineligible and rejected my prints. CIC requested the FBI rejection letter giving me a deadline to submit. FBI said they mailed it Aug 11th ... I am still waiting praying it don't get lost in this ever so trusting mail system in Trinidad as FBI don't register the mail and sent it thru normal mail. Anyways I visited three police station last week got three new sets of prints and fedex to my hubby to get it checked by professionals in Toronto ( a private company) they advised us that there is a 80% chance FBI will accept .. I am not settling for 80% so I brought a ticket cost us $6,000.00 TTD I am flying to Toronto this Thursday to get the prints done there and re-submit to FBI. They guarantee me 100% acceptance by FBI. Sorry for the long story, I just want to share so you can see you are not alone :) Stay strong. On the other hand I am lucky I have a visitor visa and could go get this done by people who know what they doing ... and also spend some time with my hubby. We last saw eachother in May.

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
I understand your frustration and I hope you get your prints back quickly. I don't blame you for wanting to be 100% sure. Especially since you have already had them rejected. ???
At least POS VO has communicated with you. We have had nothing...

My hubby was here in May as well. That is last time we saw each other. He is in Toronto now and he is going to stay until Christmas - but we are hoping that we will get some communication.

DSM said:
Canadianinlove, keep faith, my prayers are with you. CIC ask me to obtain an FBI clearance, my prints were taken in Trinidad at a Police Station cause there is no private companies that does finger printing in Trinidad so after three months of waiting for the FBI report they said the prints were ineligible and rejected my prints. CIC requested the FBI rejection letter giving me a deadline to submit. FBI said they mailed it Aug 11th ... I am still waiting praying it don't get lost in this ever so trusting mail system in Trinidad as FBI don't register the mail and sent it thru normal mail. Anyways I visited three police station last week got three new sets of prints and fedex to my hubby to get it checked by professionals in Toronto ( a private company) they advised us that there is a 80% chance FBI will accept .. I am not settling for 80% so I brought a ticket cost us $6,000.00 TTD I am flying to Toronto this Thursday to get the prints done there and re-submit to FBI. They guarantee me 100% acceptance by FBI. Sorry for the long story, I just want to share so you can see you are not alone :) Stay strong. On the other hand I am lucky I have a visitor visa and could go get this done by people who know what they doing ... and also spend some time with my hubby. We last saw eachother in May.

EmmaLee

Jul 24, 2015
Trinidad
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015
Doc's Request.
16-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-05-2015
Med's Done....
06-01-2015
Passport Req..
31-07-2015
I can't imagine how frustrating that is! Just wanted to let you know that another avenue for finding out what is going on is to talk to your local MP's office and ask them to do an inquiry into your file. I've done it twice - can't remember what the first one was for, lol, but I just asked again last week after this nonsense with them asking for a Grenada certificate of character AFTER having asked for my husband's passport. Depending on your MP's office, it doesn't take long... Mine got a response back to me after 3-4 days. They inquire in at the Canadian CIC, not the Trini one (which was a concern for me, because I didn't want to ruffle any feathers here and send my file to the bottom of the pile!) and they look in to notes in the main computer system and find out what is happening and let you know.

Might be a good option for you and for everyone else who seems to be stuck in limbo! I'd caution about doing it too often or about being too aggressive - but that's just my personal opinion... I feel like this whole process is so dependent on personalities of people working your file, so I'm wary of doing anything that might tick anyone off - but I could be completely off base with that.

Anyhow, very long-winded way of saying that if you contact your MP's office they can find out what's happening and it doesn't take a month or $40 USD!! :)

Cheers!

Canadianinlove said:
good afternoon all. Just a quick update - or non update.
Basically no news on my file what so ever.

I actually ordered my immigration notes so I can see what is happening with my husband's file. I have no idea if it is even in Trinidad POS at this point. The notes are supposed to at least show what activity has happened with his file. Had to 40 USD and the notes take a month to come.

On the positive side my husband is here in Canada on a visitor's visa. He is staying until December and we are hoping to hear something positive by then.

Total frustration has started to set in as we received SA 3 months ago. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I am trying hard to stay positive because I know he will worry if he sees me being concerned. ::)

Anyways - that is it for now.

Please keep us in your prayers.

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
thank you EmmaLee. I was concerned about ticking anyone off as well. that is why I went with ordering the notes, they are printed off in Ottawa and not POS.

Since I already paid the money - I am going to wait for the notes - if I am still feeling lost and in the dark I will contact my MP for sure.

Thanks again.

EmmaLee said:
I can't imagine how frustrating that is! Just wanted to let you know that another avenue for finding out what is going on is to talk to your local MP's office and ask them to do an inquiry into your file. I've done it twice - can't remember what the first one was for, lol, but I just asked again last week after this nonsense with them asking for a Grenada certificate of character AFTER having asked for my husband's passport. Depending on your MP's office, it doesn't take long... Mine got a response back to me after 3-4 days. They inquire in at the Canadian CIC, not the Trini one (which was a concern for me, because I didn't want to ruffle any feathers here and send my file to the bottom of the pile!) and they look in to notes in the main computer system and find out what is happening and let you know.

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/10/2015- CIC received my application 16/10/2015
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
Hello everyone ;) and congrads to all those who became landed!!!! :) :) :) :)
I use to be on POS often,(and not too familar with those here now) I disappeared for almost a year or so, but finally I am back and about to send in my package, I spent so much time putting everything together, using all the tips and expereinces from POS, I feel confident but completely nervous too.
My concern is this : I have been with my spouse since 2011 and all the pics I will be submitting in my package are basically after 2013 and on. Honestly speaking, within the years of 2011 -2012 (begin of our relationship) most of those pics were in my blackberry phone at that time, which actually dropped into a bucket of water and got destroyed. So with that being said, what we did was wrote a letter to Immigration explaining why we dont have pics from the begining of our relationship and we both signed the letter on seperated lines.

I have included this letter in my package to Misssissauga and hoping we will not be ding for this :(. In total we do have lots of pictures and many many wedding pictures too (we had a huge wedding, over 100 guest from Canada, Newyork and our families who already live in Guyana) but after reading some issues on the post, I understand this can be a issue. Also I have over 10 supporting letters from family, friends and my children too, stating they knew of our relationship since 2011. My husband was deported back in 2013 (not on criminal matters ) Refugee Claimaints denied (but overstayed, didnt leave when he should of). I am afriad they might think we only got marry 6 months after he was deported (but clearly that is not the case) We actually got engaged in January of 2013, with plans of marrying in summer of 2014 which was suppose to happen here Canada (when he lived here) but unfortuantley he was deported back within the same year and we had to re-organize the entire wedding to take place in Guyana. (this too I have stated in my letter of relationship to my spouse and he too also stated the same issue in his letter of relationship to his spouse, both being over 10 pages long) I am orginally from Guyana but have been a Canada Citizen for over 40 years. My husband and I are only 3 years apart. As I stated we have an ennormous amount of supporting documents , lots of phone chats and so on. (but really nothing from the past, maybe just a pic of him here in Canada at my Grad) I wouldnt have thought about saving phone chats from 2011-2012 obivously because I didnt think we would be in this situation. I'm just hoping and praying that all goes well, as I am about to finally take this huge package of my dinning room table as well as getting past SA first. any experiences, advise, PLEASE SHARE...... I'm hear to listen....and planning on staying this time :) :) :) I do need support as my husband and I go through this Immigration Process. Thanking you all in advance. "needhimback"

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
Hi needhimback! It sounds to me like you have a lot of things covered.
You are sending in a lot more documentation that I sent. My Hubby and I have been together for just over a year. We are both in our 40s and have been married before so we knew we wanted to be together.

the only complication that you might have is his deportation - they might call him for an interview just for clarification.

I am pretty sure we are in the interview pile. We got married very quickly - we met on line - two apparent red flags for immigration.

I tell my husband not to worry about it if we get called for an interview because I did the majority of the pursuing - went to Trinidad 3 times and went to New York (where he lives now) about 5 times. :p :p :p

I look forward to seeing your posts.

Again, try not to worry and stress - we are all here for one another! good luck

needhimback said:
I use to be on POS often,(and not too familar with those here now) I disappeared for almost a year or so, but finally I am back and about to send in my package, I spent so much time putting everything together, using all the tips and expereinces from POS, I feel confident but completely nervous too.
My concern is this : I have been with my spouse since 2011 and all the pics I will be submitting in my package are basically after 2013 and on. Honestly speaking, within the years of 2011 -2012 (begin of our relationship) most of those pics were in my blackberry phone at that time, which actually dropped into a bucket of water and got destroyed. So with that being said, what we did was wrote a letter to Immigration explaining why we dont have pics from the begining of our relationship and we both signed the letter on seperated lines.

I have included this letter in my package to Misssissauga and hoping we will not be ding for this :(. In total we do have lots of pictures and many many wedding pictures too (we had a huge wedding, over 100 guest from Canada, Newyork and our families who already live in Guyana) but after reading some issues on the post, I understand this can be a issue. Also I have over 10 supporting letters from family, friends and my children too, stating they knew of our relationship since 2011. My husband was deported back in 2013 (not on criminal matters ) Refugee Claimaints denied (but overstayed, didnt leave when he should of). I am afriad they might think we only got marry 6 months after he was deported (but clearly that is not the case) We actually got engaged in January of 2013, with plans of marrying in summer of 2014 which was suppose to happen here Canada (when he lived here) but unfortuantley he was deported back within the same year and we had to re-organize the entire wedding to take place in Guyana. (this too I have stated in my letter of relationship to my spouse and he too also stated the same issue in his letter of relationship to his spouse, both being over 10 pages long) I am orginally from Guyana but have been a Canada Citizen for over 40 years. My husband and I are only 3 years apart. As I stated we have an ennormous amount of supporting documents , lots of phone chats and so on. (but really nothing from the past, maybe just a pic of him here in Canada at my Grad) I wouldnt have thought about saving phone chats from 2011-2012 obivously because I didnt think we would be in this situation. I'm just hoping and praying that all goes well, as I am about to finally take this huge package of my dinning room table as well as getting past SA first. any experiences, advise, PLEASE SHARE...... I'm hear to listen....and planning on staying this time :) :) :) I do need support as my husband and I go through this Immigration Process. Thanking you all in advance. "needhimback"

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
Canadianinlove said:
Hi needhimback! It sounds to me like you have a lot of things covered.
You are sending in a lot more documentation that I sent. My Hubby and I have been together for just over a year. We are both in our 40s and have been married before so we knew we wanted to be together.

the only complication that you might have is his deportation - they might call him for an interview just for clarification.

I am pretty sure we are in the interview pile. We got married very quickly - we met on line - two apparent red flags for immigration.

I tell my husband not to worry about it if we get called for an interview because I did the majority of the pursuing - went to Trinidad 3 times and went to New York (where he lives now) about 5 times. :p :p :p

Again, try not to worry and stress - we are all here for one another! good luck
Hello EmmaLee
I sure did cover a lot and more - I thought I was writing and preparing for a university assignment!!.... And like you we are both in our 40's too. As you mentioned about the complication of his deportation (you are right) and there is a possibility of him getting an interview in TT, but I have also heard from a lot of those who had deported spouses that an interview was waived.....I guess it's all based on your package you submit too.

You never know with Immigration (so scary!!). And if we are in the interview pile...... we really have no choice, but honestly speaking I would hate for him to get an interview, he gets too nervous fast lol (we have been together for 4 years know each other well, they would probably base the interview more around his deportation and I know for sure he will need an ARC to return. ($400.00 later). I also know a lot of people have met online and their interviews were also waived, and seeing that the majority of the pursuing was done by you, looks better on his end!!!! (I hope that was added in your application)

You and I both need to keep our fingers cross for a "waived interview". You mentioned your hubby lives in New York???

And yes I will try not to worry and stress lol :p

It’s so cool to see everyone here for one another - good Luck to you too !!!

Canadianinlove

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
29-10-2015
Passport Req..
30-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2015
LANDED..........
02-11-2015
The documentation was almost overwhelming. It was a lot of work and took me months to collect everything. Each time I would think, ok I'm done - I would see another form that asked for something else. lol

My hubby gets nervous too - it might be men in general 8) 8) - If a man is reading this please take no offense - just my experience :p

We are hoping not to have an interview as well but as the days go by and no response I am starting to think that might be the case. I see many people processed in 4-5 months. We are at the 5 month mark...

Hubby lives in New York with his sister. He has been in the US since January 2014. CIC sent his file to POS as he is Trinidadian.

We will all get through this together - GOOD LUCK!

needhimback said:
Hello EmmaLee
I sure did cover a lot and more - I thought I was writing and preparing for a university assignment!!.... And like you we are both in our 40's too. As you mentioned about the complication of his deportation (you are right) and there is a possibility of him getting an interview in TT, but I have also heard from a lot of those who had deported spouses that an interview was waived.....I guess it's all based on your package you submit too.

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
Oops sorry Canadianlove I quoted to Emmalee instead, but I see you realized I was replying back to you

And yes, just when you think your about done filling out forms, your really not lol !!!

Hang in there

gehtrew

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/October/2014
Doc's Request.
04/Febuary/2015
AOR Received.
16/Febuary/2015
File Transfer...
01/March/2015./SA
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
03/June/2014
Interview........
2/9/2015
Passport Req..
In-Process/07/August/2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In God Timing
Port of Spain Office, Trinidad and Tobago

Good afternoon to all, I would like to give an update on my In-Process status,had an interview at the Port of Spain office today 2/9/15 that went pretty well,but i was ask to do medicals for my son who was born in the U.S. I did not list him on my application as a dependent but listed him as one of my sons whom were all born in the U.S.Is this correct,I find this to be misleading to what i have been told, can someone enlighten me on this?

Dolphinwheels

Sep 1, 2015
Hi everyone!
I'm new here and so far a few of the posts have helped me a lot. However there are a few things I need assistance or clarifications, hope anyone can help

I'm a Canadian citizen and I'm sponsoring my common law boyfriend from Antigua. I have already been approved as a sponsor in June 21 2015, now we are just waiting on his papers which was sent June 24 2015 which was sent to Port of Spain - Trinidad.
Question
1. Does anyone know how long it will take or roughly? If your papers went to the same place, how long it took?
2. I'm disabled (use a wheelchair), so if my boyfriend was called in for an interview, would I have to attend?

Thanks for your attention

mrs.trini

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
15-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-12-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-07-2015 / Sent: 13-07-2015 / Received: 14-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-07-2015 and sent from POS / Visa In Hand : 31-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-08-2015
Hello All !

Well here is my landing story !

My hubby arrived about 3:10 PM on August 29th .
I had to hurry to the airport as time was cutting short from getting all pretty for him lol.

I got lost trying to find parking and ended up settling for the discount parking lot but I didn't care because I had to make it there to see my babes.

I walked and followed the signs for Terminal 3 where I stopped and realized everyone was waiting for the train.
I really didn't realize how far I parked !

After a huge journey of walking I made it and I waited for my hubby; about 10 mins to 4PM he arrived.
I held up my "Welcome to Canada Baby" sign and he didn't see it among the big crowd so I began to walk towards him and he saw me and started to smile.

We hugged and kissed and It was absolutely one of the best feelings ever !
After 3 and a half years of long distance this is the greatest sense of relief and up to now everything still feels so unreal.

I'm actually glad I got lost because he got to experience going on the train for the first time lol.

I wish everyone good luck and lots of faith during their process <3

Ps. At Immigration he was simply asked where he is staying, my name, how we met , how much money he had on him & if he was claiming anything .

triniluv2117

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 23-02-2016 ; AOR2: 08-03-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 04-03-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2016
LANDED..........
22-06-2016
Hi everyone. Reading your landing story was heart warming. I am new to this forum. I am in the process of getting my application together to sponsor my husband. We got married in 2009 bit I have been living with him in trinidad for the past 6 years. We decided we wanted to live in canada and I moved here with our two kids last month. I have been reading up on the process and everyone I meet keeps telling me don't worry but I worry by nature. It's the first time we have been apart and we already miss each other so much. My question is what documents do you have to submit with our application. Maybe someone cam direct me to a list...it would be appreciated :)

Thejohns10

Jul 11, 2015
My husband also claimed refugee status and was denied, and deported back home. We have our interview in trinidad October 1st, and most people that I have talked to about similar cases also had to go in for an interview due to thw deportation. They just want to confirm why they were deported, due to the fact that it comes up at a red flag that they were deported and then married.

But best of luck to you!!!!

needhimback said: