Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
Hello Everyone, How is everyone doing today....Sorry that i have not posted anything on the forum for a long time but i still read everyone post though...to let everyone know that i had my interview yesterday morning at 10am.... here is how my interview went....

I got the the embassy around 9:20am and when i went inside there was no one in the embassy waiting for anything. the embassy was very scanty like nobody was there working. i was saying to myself look like the strike is really having an impact on the kingston embassy for sure... i did not even sit down for a good min. they call my name telling me to go to room number 4 which i did... the immigration officer was a woman in her 50s with long black hair with gray hair also.. she ask me for the things they required and i gave her everything..she started to go tru everything and which she is going tru them she ask me question about them. here are a few question she ask me.

who are these ppl in the pictures
what is my wife mother name
what do her kids them do
why no one from her family attend our wedding
have my wife cook her native food for me
what do i know about my wife culture
what do i know about my wife that other ppl dont
what kind of work do my wife do and where she work
have me and my wife every get into any arguement and how we resolve it
they have a few more questions that i forgot..

i was not nervous at all when i was at the interview.....i answer all the questions that i could answers but a couple of them i could so i just told her i did not know. some of the question i answered the immigration officer told me that she did not believe me but i still answered it as i was there telling her the truth...im not going to say that the immigration officer was rude or anything but she did give me a bit of a hard time though.....i spend about 1hr in the interview. when the interview finish she told me that she will have to review over everything again because she is saying that my wife is putting out all the effort to know me and im not pushing out any effort at all. so she gave me back my passport but she kept my birth certificate, marriage certificate, police record, and medical records....she did not give me a time that she would get back in touch with me.. so i just have to wait for the outcome of the interview..i know im myself that i did good but they can think differently. the immigration officer look like she was mix with native american indian also...

KIAB

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-AUG-2013
AOR Received.
02-SEPT-2013 [Stage 1], 18-NOV-2013 [STAGE 2]
File Transfer...
09-SEPT-2013
Med's Done....
11-JULY-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
27-NOV-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-DEC-2013
LANDED..........
12-MAR-2014
Zouk Princesse said:
Awesome :) The cover letter is not mandatory (hence why it isn't mentioned in the guides) but it's highly recommended. It allows you to frame your relationship and guide the VO through your application. You can use it to introduce yourselves, point out anything you particularly want them to know and to inform them of how you've organized your application. It also shows you put extra special care into it, which implies a genuine relationship and that you are taking the process seriously :) For example, in ours we pointed out that on a previous visa application, due to a misunderstanding, my husband filled in the wrong address, and that we are now using the correct address for this application. This way, when they looked into our file notes and saw conflicting addresses, they wouldn't have to question us on it (or worse yet, accuse us of fraud!)
I didn't send a cover letter cause I didn't find this forum until after :( I organized each section with a title page with each section name (sponsored docs etc). I wish I did include it but too late now. Our relatiinship details his was like 3 pages and mine was almost 5 (clearly I'm more detailed lol) guides them through our entirre relationship age 15 to now. Hope this statisfies them enough.

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ submitted 28-Apr-2014 & CSQ approved 12-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Spousal Approval
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26- June-2014, came in mail 01-July-2014!! :)
KIAB said:
I didn't send a cover letter cause I didn't find this forum until after :( I organized each section with a title page with each section name (sponsored docs etc). I wish I did include it but too late now. Our relatiinship details his was like 3 pages and mine was almost 5 (clearly I'm more detailed lol) guides them through our entirre relationship age 15 to now. Hope this statisfies them enough.
Hi KIAB, thanks for chiming in on the cover letter. I'm so happy I found this forum before applying.

KIAB

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-AUG-2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-SEPT-2013
Med's Done....
11-JULY-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
27-NOV-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-DEC-2013
LANDED..........
12-MAR-2014
MsRuby said:
Hi KIAB, thanks for chiming in on the cover letter. I'm so happy I found this forum before applying.
Everyone is helpful and supportive. We didn't do wedding we signed the papers and had a small party you can say after. I didn't want a big fancy wedding when in the end I would be leaving him there s that was mentioned about 100 times throughtout the application, so that one will be done once hes approved more of a reason to party lol. All I can say is don't wait toooo long cause the wait is the killer and double/triple check everything is included and signed.

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Wish you all the best on your interview result Maddants

KIAB

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-AUG-2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-SEPT-2013
Med's Done....
11-JULY-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
27-NOV-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-DEC-2013
LANDED..........
12-MAR-2014
Hey everyone!

I have a question and I knooww someone has answers :). I'm thinking about changing my last name to his to surprise him. However I have questions lol
1). I read previoisly you can change names on drivers, health etc but not passport? Does this conflict with my I.d or would customs give me a hard time cause one thinf has my maiden name and another has his name
2). If I do change it do I have to notify pos

Thanks in advance :)

Cbn Cdn

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
October 9, 2013 [ ARC Requested ]
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 19, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2014 :)
Hello.

Here is my timeline:

- We started ___________ application for permanent residence on March, 2013
- We started processing ________________ application on July, 2013
- Medical results have been received.

Now the visa office is requesting me to send the ARC fee. My questions are:

I am a not visa exempt.

1) Am I required to fill and submit a TRV while my VO has only requested the ARC and its fee thru spousal Sponsorship?
2) Since the Spousal Sponsorship application is at the VO, does the TRV application go together with the ARC application?

Basically I want to know if I am required to do a TRV when the VO has not requested it in any correspondence letters.

Thanks in advance.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
KIAB said:
Hey everyone!

I have a question and I knooww someone has answers :). I'm thinking about changing my last name to his to surprise him. However I have questions lol
1). I read previoisly you can change names on drivers, health etc but not passport? Does this conflict with my I.d or would customs give me a hard time cause one thinf has my maiden name and another has his name

I changed my passport name.....you will have to pay for a brand new passport but they will change it.....I was worried about the same thing too (different between two ids)

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
@KIAB, thank you for sharing!

Hi guys, im in the process of getting the FBI certificate and i notice this from the state website;

AUTHENTICATION OF POLICE OR FBI CERTIFICATES OF LACK OF A CRIMINAL RECORD: The FBI’s CJIS Division will authenticate U.S. Department of Justice Order 556-73 fingerprint search results for international requests by placing the FBI seal and signature of a Division official on the results, if requested at the time of submission. Documents prepared in this matter may then be sent to the U.S. Department of State Authentications Office by the requestor to be authenticated if necessary. Please be sure to indicate the country in which the document is to be used.

My question is this, do i need to request the document be authenticated with the FBI seal and signature for Canadian Immigration? Thanks

Maddants

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kingston
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 23, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
File Transfer...
June 26, 2012
Med's Request
Jan. 11, 2015
Med's Done....
Dec. 9, 2011 / Nov. 9, 2015
Interview........
Sept. 17, 2013
Passport Req..
February 29, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 7, 2016
LANDED..........
April 28, 2016
fromadistance said:
Wish you all the best on your interview result Maddants
Thank you sis

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
MsRuby said:
@ Zouk, does the police certificate has an expiration date? How long is the FBI certificate valid for?

I was hoping to do the police certificate first because I called One police plaza on Monday and they said I can get an extra copy of my finger print card for $1 after I complete the form for a police certificate. I can then mail the finger print card to the FBI to get the FBI certificate. Are you suggesting I get the finger print card at a local precinct and mail it out for the FBI certificate and then apply in November or the police certificate?

We are looking to mail out the application by December 2 the latest. How long does medical takes to get back? When is the latest i should I start doing the medical in order to send it with the application? Thanks.
Your police certificates have to be submitted within 3 months from the date on the certificates and will be valid for one year, hence why it's suggested to do them closer to your submission date. Check with NY state to see how long they take to process the police check, my husband's took about 2 weeks I think, but that was 2 yrs ago... Base your timing on what they say, the intent is to receive everything shortly before you submit your application, so that you allow the maximum time for processing before they expire. I believe you get your medical docs right after the appointment, but it may vary among offices, so I'd phone the one you're planning to use and just ask them to be safe. Sometimes there is a wait for an appointment, so find out what their waiting time is and book accordingly. The med results will also expire after 1 yr.

MsRuby said:
@ KIAB, thank you for sharing!

Hi guys, im in the process of getting the FBI certificate and i notice this from the state website;

AUTHENTICATION OF POLICE OR FBI CERTIFICATES OF LACK OF A CRIMINAL RECORD: The FBI's CJIS Division will authenticate U.S. Department of Justice Order 556-73 fingerprint search results for international requests by placing the FBI seal and signature of a Division official on the results, if requested at the time of submission. Documents prepared in this matter may then be sent to the U.S. Department of State Authentications Office by the requestor to be authenticated if necessary. Please be sure to indicate the country in which the document is to be used.

My question is this, do i need to request the document be authenticated with the FBI seal and signature for Canadian Immigration? Thanks
I don't remember us doing anything additional... I'm pretty sure my husband just followed the normal request procedure and received his two result letters. Maybe take a moment to read through one of the threads for the US VO's as lots of people there will have applied for their police checks recently and might mention whether they needed this or not?

KIAB said:
:) I'm sure you'll be fine, lots of people are approved without cover letters. Obviously they're nice to have if you can, but they look at your application as a whole and certainly won't refuse it simply for not having a cover letter.

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
Maddants said:
Hello Everyone, How is everyone doing today....Sorry that i have not posted anything on the forum for a long time but i still read everyone post though...to let everyone know that i had my interview yesterday morning at 10am.... here is how my interview went....
Best of luck, thanks for letting us know how it went! Fingers crossed that you hear back from them quickly.

KIAB said:
Hey everyone!

My husband and I both hyphenated our last names, but we did it after he arrived. Right now we've got one name on some documents, hyphenated on others, it's quite a mess actually lol, but because it's hyphenated, it's easy to link back to our maiden names. Not sure how it works when you change completely....

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Zouk Princesse said:
Your police certificates have to be submitted within 3 months from the date on the certificates and will be valid for one year, hence why it's suggested to do them closer to your submission date. Check with NY state to see how long they take to process the police check, my husband's took about 2 weeks I think, but that was 2 yrs ago... Base your timing on what they say, the intent is to receive everything shortly before you submit your application, so that you allow the maximum time for processing before they expire. I believe you get your medical docs right after the appointment, but it may vary among offices, so I'd phone the one you're planning to use and just ask them to be safe. Sometimes there is a wait for an appointment, so find out what their waiting time is and book accordingly. The med results will also expire after 1 yr.

I don't remember us doing anything additional... I'm pretty sure my husband just followed the normal request procedure and received his two result letters. Maybe take a moment to read through one of the threads for the US VO's as lots of people there will have applied for their police checks recently and might mention whether they needed this or not?
Always great advice here! Thank you Zouk. We are looking for a good date in November for the parents to come for the civil ceremony. I'll do the police certificate by the first week of November. Ill definitely send out the FBI certificate soon as possible tho.

I called two of the three doctor offices CIC selected in NYC and was given two different prices for medicals. The first one i called said its $240 cash for the medical and the doctor will forward all results to CIC. The second doctor office said its $350 for the medical and the doctor will also forward the results to CIC. However, second Dr also said they will give me a sealed envelope the same day of my visit to mail with my application. Both offices said i can call back like a week before to make the appointment.

doc.lady

Star Member
Aug 30, 2013
Guyana
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November, 2012
AOR Received.
March, 2013
File Transfer...
December, 2012
Med's Done....
May, 2013
Passport Req..
19th September, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
26th September, 2013
Hi Everyone:

I was written by POS to send my passport and pp pics. We are really happy right now and my head is pounding! I know i am only a member for a short while but I want to say that I was reading this forum for the past year and it really helped to comfort me in my most anxious moments. I will continue to pray for everyone else in hopes that you are soon reunited with your families.

DL

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
doc.lady said:
Hi Everyone:

I was written by POS to send my passport and pp pics. We are really happy right now and my head is pounding! I know i am only a member for a short while but I want to say that I was reading this forum for the past year and it really helped to comfort me in my most anxious moments. I will continue to pray for everyone else in hopes that you are soon reunited with your families.

DL
Congrats!!! I can say I know the feeling and what a glorious feeling it is to receive PPR. You are very close to the end. Congrats!
POS is on a roll... Next!?!