Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Hi everyone,

Behopeful I bet u couldn't sleep last night :) So happy for u and your daughter.

Just got an email from POS that they are awaiting reassessment of hubby's medical. I guess bcuz they are expired now. Anyone knows how long this will take?

Thanks

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
fromadistance said:
Hi everyone,

Behopeful I bet u couldn't sleep last night :) So happy for u and your daughter.

Just got an email from POS that they are awaiting reassessment of hubby's medical. I guess bcuz they are expired now. Anyone knows how long this will take?

Thanks
When did they expire? They dont reassess expired meds over 15 months expired. My guess is they are just extending them. That can take anywhere from a couple weeks to 8 weeks. Hopefully it will be fast!

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
MissDominica said:
When did they expire? They dont reassess expired meds over 15 months expired. My guess is they are just extending them. That can take anywhere from a couple weeks to 8 weeks. Hopefully it will be fast!
Thanks MissD. They expired last month. I'm assuming they are extending them too. Thanks I hope they will b fast too. Hopefully they requested the extension the same day we went In Process. *wishful thinking*

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
fromadistance said:
Thanks MissD. They expired last month. I'm assuming they are extending them too. Thanks I hope they will b fast too. Hopefully they requested the extension the same day we went In Process. *wishful thinking*
Yay, another one almost at the end! Loving the flurry of activity from POS!

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
fromadistance said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks
In process, now the medical extension, and next comes PPR!!!!!

Your hubby is going to be with you and your daughter in a blink of an eye!

Soooooo happy to see things moving for you, fad. :-*

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Zouk Princesse said:
Yay, another one almost at the end! Loving the flurry of activity from POS!
Thx Zouk I guess we are in the same position u were with the meds extension.

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Nevaeha said:
In process, now the medical extension, and next comes PPR!!!!!

Your hubby is going to be with you and your daughter in a blink of an eye!

Soooooo happy to see things moving for you, fad. :-*
Thanks Nev. Fingers crossed

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
fromadistance said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks
Hey FAD!
So glad to hear you are near the end. Did you email them to ask for an update on your file or did they just email to say that's where they are at? The end is close.
I must say this part is difficult. Knowing the end is in sight but he is just not home yet. I know it is really nothing to complain about though.
Sleeping last night was a challenge for sure! I think I finally fell asleep to the thought of my husbands hand in my lower back... That is how we always fall asleep.
I hope the medical extension doesn't take too long!

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
fromadistance said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks
Hi FAD, congrats on hearing from the POS office :D. Getting closer to the home stretch!! POS - keep those blessings pouring forth.

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
fromadistance said:
Thx Zouk I guess we are in the same position u were with the meds extension.
Yup! ;D I do hope they're faster now since we were the guinea pigs

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ submitted 28-Apr-2014 & CSQ approved 12-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Spousal Approval
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26- June-2014, came in mail 01-July-2014!! :)
Zouk Princesse said:
Typically lawyers are only recommended in complicated cases where you'd need someone with extensive knowledge of loopholes to help you get through. The paperwork is fairly straightforward and you guys could easily complete it on your own. Just pay attention to details and double and triple check everything. Having said that... as C/Trini mentioned, you can get a lawyer or consultant to look over your application for you (this is different from having them represent you). Some people have issues with lawyers/consultants, but I strongly recommend getting the review. If nothing else, it gives you peace of mind knowing that someone very experienced reviewed your file and feels confident in your submission. Our consultant reviewed our application package and said we practically didn't need him BUT...he did give us two pointers I know for a fact saved us delays later on, so it was well worth the $250!

You mentioned going to the US as a minor and being without status now. The fact that you went as a minor (I assume as well you have family who brought you there) bodes well for your case, so be sure to highlight this in your cover letter. Since you were a minor, the decision to remain without status wasn't yours and therefore cannot be held against your character. While immigration status is not itself grounds for denying spousal PR, the VO's job is to judge your relationship and your intentions, so essentially they are making judgments on your character and you want to do everything to paint yourself in the best possible light. So anything that makes you look good...use it to your advantage! Also, in the US undocumented people are termed "illegal", but be careful of the words you use on your application. If you entered legally (i.e. on a visa of some sort) you are NOT illegal, simply "out of status". The term "illegal" generally implies that you entered illegally (i.e. using fraudulent documents or none at all), so no point in potentially creating that mix-up unnecessarily!

Another way being brought there are as a minor helps your case is that by now you're somewhat comfortable/established in the US, so if your intentions were to marry for immigration status, it would obviously be much easier to just marry an American. The fact that you're marrying someone elsewhere and leaving a comparable lifestyle helps prove your relationship as genuine (you don't have to state this in your application, just letting you know how the VO will see it).

Good luck, let me know if you have any more questions :)
Thank you Zouk Princesse! We will compile the application package and use a lawyer to review it. I wasn't awear that I need a cover letter :O the picture you painted is exactly what i want the vo to see. The fact that I was a minor, have no runnings with the law, went to college and is in a 3 plus years comitted relationship. We have tons of evidence for pos.

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
MsRuby said:
Thank you Zouk Princesse! We will compile the application package and use a lawyer to review it. I wasn't awear that I need a cover letter :O the picture you painted is exactly what i want the vo to see. The fact that I was a minor, have no runnings with the law, went to college and is in a 3 plus years comitted relationship. We have tons of evidence for pos.
Awesome :) The cover letter is not mandatory (hence why it isn't mentioned in the guides) but it's highly recommended. It allows you to frame your relationship and guide the VO through your application. You can use it to introduce yourselves, point out anything you particularly want them to know and to inform them of how you've organized your application. It also shows you put extra special care into it, which implies a genuine relationship and that you are taking the process seriously :) For example, in ours we pointed out that on a previous visa application, due to a misunderstanding, my husband filled in the wrong address, and that we are now using the correct address for this application. This way, when they looked into our file notes and saw conflicting addresses, they wouldn't have to question us on it (or worse yet, accuse us of fraud!)

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Zouk Princesse said:
Awesome :) The cover letter is not mandatory (hence why it isn't mentioned in the guides) but it's highly recommended. It allows you to frame your relationship and guide the VO through your application. You can use it to introduce yourselves, point out anything you particularly want them to know and to inform them of how you've organized your application. It also shows you put extra special care into it, which implies a genuine relationship and that you are taking the process seriously :) For example, in ours we pointed out that on a previous visa application, due to a misunderstanding, my husband filled in the wrong address, and that we are now using the correct address for this application. This way, when they looked into our file notes and saw conflicting addresses, they wouldn't have to question us on it (or worse yet, accuse us of fraud!)
Thank you! Anything to make this process goes smoothly will be our priority.

So we are not married as yet. We will do a civil ceremony in November in NY. Do you guys think I should apply for the FBI and police certificate now or Waite after we get the marriage certificate? I was thinking to start that seeing it takes a long time but my fiancé thinks it will look wired. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
MsRuby said:
Thank you! Anything to make this process goes smoothly will be our priority.

So we are not married as yet. We will do a civil ceremony in November in NY. Do you guys think I should apply for the FBI and police certificate now or Waite after we get the marriage certificate? I was thinking to start that seeing it takes a long time but my fiancé thinks it will look wired. Any suggestions? Thanks.
The state police certificate I think only takes a few days (or 2 weeks?) to get...it's not very long, so you could wait on that. The FBI takes 8-12 weeks, so I 'd time it to arrive right around the time you want to submit your application. If you wait til after the ceremony, you'd have quite a delay before you can submit. Some people have reported submitting their application with a note saying police checks to follow. Personally, I wouldn't recommend it, as the guide specifically says to submit a COMPLETE application package...some VO's might be ok with it, others might send your application back as incomplete, and I wouldn't want to take that risk! There's also the risk that when you send it later, it may not be matched properly with your file and get lost somewhere in the system.

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
@Zouk, does the police certificate has an expiration date? How long is the FBI certificate valid for?

I was hoping to do the police certificate first because I called One police plaza on Monday and they said I can get an extra copy of my finger print card for $1 after I complete the form for a police certificate. I can then mail the finger print card to the FBI to get the FBI certificate. Are you suggesting I get the finger print card at a local precinct and mail it out for the FBI certificate and then apply in November or the police certificate?

We are looking to mail out the application by December 2 the latest. How long does medical takes to get back? When is the latest i should I start doing the medical in order to send it with the application? Thanks.