Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Hi all POS and JA folks, please let me know if you think this is an AOR (see below).

"Dear XXXX: This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2013/02/07."

Hubby (applicant) received the above in an e-mail from POS on Sept. 10th (he only checked his e-mails today). I think it might be the AOR as it also provides a different UCI number than the one we received in the sponsor (me) approval e-mail and this is his first communication from POS. Lastly ecas has not changed (still says app. & meds received) another reason why I think it is the AOR. Do other people's AOR's say received by CIC or received by POS???

No matter what, it is another sign to confirm that POS is moving at a steady pace since Sept. so that is good news for all of us. :) Blessings.

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
Hi everyone!

Welcome to our newest member Ms Ruby! I think Zouk and CdnandTrini have summarized everything you need to start/ do for this process. Ask your questions here. We are a wealth of knowledge!
CdnandTrini... from what I have heard this is an AOR. When I asked POS to confirm our application was recieved this is exactly what I received in e-mail form. CONGRATS, always looking at the positive and one step closer if someone has had your application in their hands! I already knew my husband's UCI number because of his previous work permit with CIC, so they didn't mention that in our e-mail.

I am wondering if new VO officers have come into POS recently. It seems like they are tidy up/ cleaning up some files. Who knows... maybe just an itch to get things going or the motivation that if they clear out a lot of applications before Christmas they will get a huge ass bonus! LOL never know how the government works with our tax dollars.

Enjoy the weekend. Hoping soon all of us will be with our families and will enjoy the weekends again.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Behopeful said:
Hi everyone!

Welcome to our newest member Ms Ruby! I think Zouk and CdnandTrini have summarized everything you need to start/ do for this process. Ask your questions here. We are a wealth of knowledge!
CdnandTrini... from what I have heard this is an AOR. When I asked POS to confirm our application was recieved this is exactly what I received in e-mail form. CONGRATS, always looking at the positive and one step closer if someone has had your application in their hands! I already knew my husband's UCI number because of his previous work permit with CIC, so they didn't mention that in our e-mail.

I am wondering if new VO officers have come into POS recently. It seems like they are tidy up/ cleaning up some files. Who knows... maybe just an itch to get things going or the motivation that if they clear out a lot of applications before Christmas they will get a huge ass bonus! LOL never know how the government works with our tax dollars.

Enjoy the weekend. Hoping soon all of us will be with our families and will enjoy the weekends again.
Hi Behopeful and thanks for weighing in on my question. I am laughing at your theory of new visa officers as I was thinking exactly the same thing!! Thank you POS for dusting off the cobwebs & KEEP IT GOING!! 8)

coleenjgirl

Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
pos
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
File Transfer...
08-08-2013
Med's Done....
25-01-2013
hi everyone. i think i have along wait hopefully by early next year my baby will be here.

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
coleenjgirl said:
hi everyone. i think i have along wait hopefully by early next year my baby will be here.
HI coleenjgirl!

No matter how much time you have to wait for this immigration process, it just seems too long! It is hard to predict just how long your application will take, but when I started this process I tried not to set expectations of 'my husband will get through in 8-10 months' and this has helped me to stay positive. For the most part, all of this is out of our hands. Once you have an AOR you can send extra supporting documents to POS and this will help to strengthen your file and case of a genuine relationship but this is not neccessary. Some people get through in 6 months and other wait must longer. Keep in mind this forum represents a very small portion of cases actually being processed in POS.

I don't think I said it already.... but welcome to our forum! You will see our spreadsheet under MissDominica's name and she also updates the spreadsheet. If you would like to be added, just let us know your details! What country is your husband from? All the best and prayers for short processing for you and husband!

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
SEPTEMBER 5, 2012 (Children's Meds)
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
MAY 8TH 2013 passed arc in process
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
Good morning, @ CHICKIE72...
I don't think you have anything to worry about because Im sure they have extended your medicals because the mere fact that they have asked u for your arc application is a positive sign that they are satisfied with your sponsorship application. When I wasn't sure, I sent them a CSE asking them about medicals, they may or may not answer but its worth a try because they answered us.
We all need to send these people more CSE so that they can understand that they can't just leave people hanging in the dark...we need some answers given this process is so freakin long.
Our meds expire on Sept 19th...and our arc has been with them since mid May, I don't know why its taking so long to process, but like you said CHICKIE72, we think we may get ppr request very soon given our meds expire next Thursday essestially.
Like you, our notes didn't really indicate much on our arc. It did read that on Aug 8th our meds were ammended so I guess that means they were extended.
Though we're expecting ppr request soon, we're trying not to get our hope up too much because like I said, they've had our arc since Mid May. I can't tell you how much dissappointment we have experienced throughout this :-[

...I honestly think they just started processing our arc in august, but maybe I'm wrong ....so we will keep praying for everyone and your families, for Strength, Commitment and Faithfulness, Peace of Mind because I know a lot of you are not sleeping very well and for Endurance, its going to be okay everyone.
We will keep you posted!
@ Miss D, my husband says hello, and he says stay strong, an keep the faith!

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Congrats Cdnandtrini!

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thanks FAD :D. It's always good to hear that things have not been lost/misplaced in transit and POS is doing something. Never as much as we all really want, but enough of a crumb of hope to keep the faith when the going gets tough. I mean tougher........ ;D Blessings.

coleenjgirl

Jul 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
pos
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
File Transfer...
08-08-2013
Med's Done....
25-01-2013
thanks be hopeful. we lived together in canada for over three years until he went back home last year. i went twice last year to visit and im going back in november for three weeks. we talk every day on bbm like for three to five hours just for the time to pass by fast its helping.

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
millslu said:
Good morning, @ CHICKIE72...
I don't think you have anything to worry about because Im sure they have extended your medicals because the mere fact that they have asked u for your arc application is a positive sign that they are satisfied with your sponsorship application. When I wasn't sure, I sent them a CSE asking them about medicals, they may or may not answer but its worth a try because they answered us.
We all need to send these people more CSE so that they can understand that they can't just leave people hanging in the dark...we need some answers given this process is so freakin long.
Our meds expire on Sept 19th...and our arc has been with them since mid May, I don't know why its taking so long to process, but like you said CHICKIE72, we think we may get ppr request very soon given our meds expire next Thursday essestially.
Like you, our notes didn't really indicate much on our arc. It did read that on Aug 8th our meds were ammended so I guess that means they were extended.
Though we're expecting ppr request soon, we're trying not to get our hope up too much because like I said, they've had our arc since Mid May. I can't tell you how much dissappointment we have experienced throughout this :-[

...I honestly think they just started processing our arc in august, but maybe I'm wrong ....so we will keep praying for everyone and your families, for Strength, Commitment and Faithfulness, Peace of Mind because I know a lot of you are not sleeping very well and for Endurance, its going to be okay everyone.
We will keep you posted!
@ Miss D, my husband says hello, and he says stay strong, an keep the faith!
Good morning. As of my last notes, there were no amendments to the medicals, I am waiting until Friday to send again for another set of notes so hopefully there will be a change in them. For 3 weeks straight, every Monday, hubby has sent kingston a message asking about the medicals and they have still yet to answer him so we just gave up emailing them. I don't wanna tick them off and them put our application on hold or anything right now when we are so close to the end.

Just know that you are sooooo close to the end now and this journey will soon be finished for you! Blessings

chickie72

VIP Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-12
Doc's Request.
09-06-13
AOR Received.
20-06-12
File Transfer...
04-10-12
Med's Request
20-06-12
Med's Done....
07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
CdnandTrini said:
Hi all POS and JA folks, please let me know if you think this is an AOR (see below).

"Dear XXXX: This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2013/02/07."

Hubby (applicant) received the above in an e-mail from POS on Sept. 10th (he only checked his e-mails today). I think it might be the AOR as it also provides a different UCI number than the one we received in the sponsor (me) approval e-mail and this is his first communication from POS. Lastly ecas has not changed (still says app. & meds received) another reason why I think it is the AOR. Do other people's AOR's say received by CIC or received by POS???

No matter what, it is another sign to confirm that POS is moving at a steady pace since Sept. so that is good news for all of us. :) Blessings.
Yeah girl! It may not seem like a lot but it truly is! Congrats on hearing from them! At least you know they are starting on your app!

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
CdnandTrini said:

woot woot; sounds like an AOR to me; Congrats :D

Kadi27

May 13, 2013
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 9, 2013
Doc's Request.
April 15,2014 (Originial Birth& Marriage Cert)
File Transfer...
March 4, 2013
Med's Done....
November 2012/Re-Med & PC April 15/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 30,2014
LANDED..........
Soon by the grace of God
CdnandTrini said:
Hi Behopeful and thanks for weighing in on my question. I am laughing at your theory of new visa officers as I was thinking exactly the same thing!! Thank you POS for dusting off the cobwebs & KEEP IT GOING!! 8)
Ladies; I may have to agree with the new VOs at POS; Jamaican newspapers ran a story about a new Visa Office there; so either new officers or now the current VOs have time now to focus on PR apps while alot of their paper work for TRV and student/work permit is being handled at the VACs

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Kadi27 said:
Ladies; I may have to agree with the new VOs at POS; Jamaican newspapers ran a story about a new Visa Office there; so either new officers or now the current VOs have time now to focus on PR apps while alot of their paper work for TRV and student/work permit is being handled at the VACs
Kadi, what's your theory for Kingston? A new VAC was opened in MoBay and we still aren't hearing much from KG on spousal PR's.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
chickie72 said:
Yeah girl! It may not seem like a lot but it truly is! Congrats on hearing from them! At least you know they are starting on your app!
Thanks chickie72 :D. A ray of hope that I am grateful for. I was so happy that my hubby finally heard from them directly, it made him feel better and of course that made me feel better. C'mon POS & Kingston, let's make more folks happy this week!! Blessings.