07-09-12
Passport Req..
March 4, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2014
LANDED..........
March 22, 2014
Zouk Princesse said:
They extended them. Took about 8 weeks to get approval from Ottawa, hopefully they've sped that up by now. Depends on when they finalize your case though...they can only extend meds within 15 months of the original exam date.
Well we just got the arc request last friday and put it in on Monday of this week but our meds expired Sept 5th so i have been wondering if they will extend them. I haven't seen any of the medical stuff updated on my notes yet so it doesn't look as if they have extended them yet but really hoping they will. Hoping they do it soon so the ARC and the medicals can be finished at the same time and then they will just ask for PPR!

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
MissDominica said:
@ Behopeful, thanks for the shout-out a few pages ago, I really needed it. I've been having a hard time with the wait.

As for my "In Process", I put it there just because I can see from my notes that some junior officer did work on the file, but I have never actually gone into "In Process". I'm very upset and saddened that I'm waiting over 13 months now and nothing. I'm becoming extremely extremely depressed.

I just feel like someone is picking on me and taunting me while everyone else's file moves along and mine sits somewhere inevitably as everything expires and gets further from my reach. Hence why I've been away a little while... it's really hard.

Congrats everyone on your progress, I'm happy that you all will get to enjoy your lives with your loved ones and I'm happy you don't have to go through what I'm feeling right now. Much love.
Awwww, MissD, I'm sorry you have been waiting so long and I hope POS makes you happy by reuniting you with your hubby before Christmas. :-*

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
waitingonforever said:
I feel your pain sweetheart...but know this, as much as it hurts right now..we WILL get that day!!!! And if you want to vent and talk to someone who is going through the same emotions feel free to inbox me and know that someone who is experiencing the same thing is here for you :D

@Nevaeha thanks to you too

Thanks everyone :-*

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
chickie72 said:
Well we just got the arc request last friday and put it in on Monday of this week but our meds expired Sept 5th so i have been wondering if they will extend them. I haven't seen any of the medical stuff updated on my notes yet so it doesn't look as if they have extended them yet but really hoping they will. Hoping they do it soon so the ARC and the medicals can be finished at the same time and then they will just ask for PPR!
Fingers crossed! With ours, they sent out the extension request to Ottawa at the same time they issued the PPR, but we didn't have ARC to deal with, so not sure if/how that might affect your process. At least there's still time to extend them, so hopefully they wrap things up quickly!

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
MissDominica said:
It kind of feels like getting kicked in the gut every single minute of every single day while watching other people smile. You're happy other people are smiling (and they deserve it) but you're wondering why you keep getting kicked in the stomach.. you know? I've called in sick 2 days in a row to work.. I am just... sick. Hugs

@ Kadi, thank you very much
Hi MissD.
Thank you for having the courage to come and check in and let us know how you are doing. Please vent away, be angry, frustrated or any other feeling... We are not here to judge and we understand it is not directed towards us but the process of immigration. This is an emotional time and it is okay to be angry because you keep reaching for something but there is nothing there to grap and you keep getting let down. And not only that, all of your control has been taken away from you and it feels like your/ hubby's life is in the control of someone else. It is hard to stay positive and keep putting one foot in front of the other, when day after day you keep getting hurt. Eventually that hurt can turn to depression.
I can empathize and sympathize with what you are going through. I'm sorry. Know that the forum family is here to pick you up when you are down. Positive thoughts and prayers to you, hubby and all the other members that are struggling with a range of emotions because this process has taken its toll on you.

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Behopeful said:
Hi MissD.
Thank you for having the courage to come and check in and let us know how you are doing. Please vent away, be angry, frustrated or any other feeling... We are not here to judge and we understand it is not directed towards us but the process of immigration. This is an emotional time and it is okay to be angry because you keep reaching for something but there is nothing there to grap and you keep getting let down. And not only that, all of your control has been taken away from you and it feels like your/ hubby's life is in the control of someone else. It is hard to stay positive and keep putting one foot in front of the other, when day after day you keep getting hurt. Eventually that hurt can turn to depression.
I can empathize and sympathize with what you are going through. I'm sorry. Know that the forum family is here to pick you up when you are down. Positive thoughts and prayers to you, hubby and all the other members that are struggling with a range of emotions because this process has taken its toll on you.
Well said Behopeful.......+1 for sure

KIAB

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-AUG-2013
AOR Received.
02-SEPT-2013 [Stage 1], 18-NOV-2013 [STAGE 2]
File Transfer...
09-SEPT-2013
Med's Done....
11-JULY-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
27-NOV-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-DEC-2013
LANDED..........
12-MAR-2014
Behopeful said:
Hi MissD.
Awwwwe congrats behopeful one step closer! !!! Yayyyyy
@missd were here for support even if we have been going through the process for a bit or just starting the process like me but we are all here for eachother although we personally don't know eachother but we know the stories and share the struggles furstrstion but we also share the hope that we all will come to the end.

Behopeful

Dec 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/12/2012
AOR Received.
01/05/2013
File Transfer...
11/01/2013
Med's Request
In Process: 12-09-2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
LANDED..........
11-10-2013 YAHOOOO!
Good morning POS friends!

It's Friday the 13th! Good or bad luck... Hoping for good news for someone today. Lets keep our positive spirits up and please POS give us more good news today and in the coming weeks. Enjoy the day everyone!

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ submitted 28-Apr-2014 & CSQ approved 12-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Spousal Approval
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26- June-2014, came in mail 01-July-2014!! :)
Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum. Im looking to start the process by November. After reading some timeline here I'm beginning to prepare for a long Waite! Good luck to all of you whose in the waiting game already.

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
MsRuby said:
Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum. Im looking to start the process by November. After reading some timeline here I'm beginning to prepare for a long Waite! Good luck to all of you whose in the waiting game already.
Welcome MsRuby! Glad you found us early on in your process, hopefully we can be of some help and maybe make your journey a little bit smoother and even a little bit faster :) Feel free to ask any questions or voice any concerns and we'll do our best to help you! If you'd like to tell us a bit more about your story that'd be awesome

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
MsRuby said:
Welcome to our POS thread MsRuby :D! You are wise to prepare for a long wait and if it happens sooner then that is a bonus. We are all here to support each other, before, during and after the process so feel free to ask questions. Blessings.

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Zouk Princesse said:
Welcome MsRuby! Glad you found us early on in your process, hopefully we can be of some help and maybe make your journey a little bit smoother and even a little bit faster :) Feel free to ask any questions or voice any concerns and we'll do our best to help you! If you'd like to tell us a bit more about your story that'd be awesome
Thank you for the warm welcome Zouk Princesse!

I'll more than happy to share my story. I'm in NY (undocumented) and my hubby is in Canada. We met 3 years ago and and hit it off right away : ) . It's the first marriage for both of us and we don't have kids from prior relationship.

Members please offer any advice that comes to mind, thanks!

MsRuby

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Mar-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
08-May-2014 Stage 2
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
24-Jan-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05- Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
CdnandTrini said:
Welcome to our POS thread MsRuby :D! You are wise to prepare for a long wait and if it happens sooner then that is a bonus. We are all here to support each other, before, during and after the process so feel free to ask questions. Blessings.
Thank you for the warm welcome CdnandTrini! Oh my I'm feeling the love on this forum!

Besides complying the application, what documents you guys suggest I start applying for first?

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
MsRuby said:
Thank you for the warm welcome CdnandTrini! Oh my I'm feeling the love on this forum!

Besides complying the application, what documents you guys suggest I start applying for first?
:D.....thanks for the details MsRuby, it helps us to help you. So can we presume you are a citizen of one of the countries whose applications are processed via the Port of Spain office? If so, is your passport up-to-date? Does your country of citizenship use a national identity card? If so, that will need to be up-to-date as well. You will also need a copy of your birth certificate and marriage license.

I am not too sure about undocumented status in the US but I do know that security checks have to be performed in countries where the applicant has lived for more than 6 months consecutively.

That's a start for now and I am sure the other members will chime in soon. Blessings.

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
MsRuby said:
Thank you for the warm welcome Zouk Princesse!

I'll more than happy to share my story. I'm in NY (undocumented) and my hubby is in Canada. We met 3 years ago and and hit it off right away : ) . It's the first marriage for both of us and we don't have kids from prior relationship.

Members please offer any advice that comes to mind, thanks!
No probs :) Sounds fairly straightforward. Being undocumented won't have any impact on the application, just be sure to be honest about everything with them. You probably already know, but just in case, make sure you submit both the NY state police check AND your FBI clearance, as it will delay your file if either is missing. The FBI clearance can take anywhere from 8-12 weeks to receive, so be sure to request it early. Try to do your meds as close to your submission date as possible, so that they will hopefully remain valid until your application is approved (we had to wait an extra 8 weeks to renew our meds as we did them quite early on and they ended up expiring).