+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance certificate?express entry

t_p

Sep 20, 2016
Folks - reposting it, welcome any thoughts on this. Thanks.

t_p said:
Hello everyone -
Have a question regarding the Police certificates-

The police authorities ask for a letter from the requesting authority (CIC in this case) so that they find the reason of application for police certificate (At least US and Singapore authorities do ask,2 of the 4 countries that I need the certificate for ::)). And FBI says that they will take 12-14 weeks to process which is much more than what CIC is going to give me to send the response to them post ITA (60 days). I haven't received the ITA yet but per my correspondence with the NSOI case officer, its expected in a week or two so I'm preparing in advance.

Is there an alternative letter or something that usually works with the authorities in these cases?

Pls feel free to point me to the correct thread if this has already been responded somewhere. I tried searching the whole day today but not being able to get it.

Welcome any help.
Thanks.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
t_p said:
Hello everyone -
Have a question regarding the Police certificates-

The police authorities ask for a letter from the requesting authority (CIC in this case) so that they find the reason of application for police certificate (At least US and Singapore authorities do ask,2 of the 4 countries that I need the certificate for ::)). And FBI says that they will take 12-14 weeks to process which is much more than what CIC is going to give me to send the response to them post ITA (60 days). I haven't received the ITA yet but per my correspondence with the NSOI case officer, its expected in a week or two so I'm preparing in advance.

Is there an alternative letter or something that usually works with the authorities in these cases?

Pls feel free to point me to the correct thread if this has already been responded somewhere. I tried searching the whole day today but not being able to get it.

Welcome any help.
Thanks.
You can take a print out of your EE profile message stating your EE profile number and job seeker code. Along with that take a print out of the Police check page on IRCC website which states that every applicant needs to obtain it while submission of application.

MGL28

Oct 31, 2016
I'm about to submbit my ITA. I issued a Police Certificate on June. It is not handed to the applicant in my country but is sent directly to the Canadian Embassy. I attached a file explaining it and include the date of the issue. Is it still valid?

For any case, I just asked to send the Police Certificate again today. Should I mention it in the file I'm attaching to my profile?

Thanks,
MGL

t_p

Sep 20, 2016
Makes sense...I was thinking already about PCC page from cic website, thanks for additional guidnacr.
sushsmart15 said:
You can take a print out of your EE profile message stating your EE profile number and job seeker code. Along with that take a print out of the Police check page on IRCC website which states that every applicant needs to obtain it while submission of application.

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
MGL28 said:
I'm about to submbit my ITA. I issued a Police Certificate on June. It is not handed to the applicant in my country but is sent directly to the Canadian Embassy. I attached a file explaining it and include the date of the issue. Is it still valid?

For any case, I just asked to send the Police Certificate again today. Should I mention it in the file I'm attaching to my profile?

Thanks,
MGL
Yes you need to mention that. Also try to see if your profile number can be added to the PCC so that they can track it.

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Please guide on my below query

I submitted my EE profile last week and expect an ITA soon Inshallah (my score is 473)

I am aware that i need to get PCC for India from Dubai. Can anyone list down steps to follow for this?

Also, I am aware to get PCC from Dubai Police for my stay in Dubai

Assuming i get ITA by Mid-November and have Mid-January time to submit my application, will I be issued a PCC by Dubai police as my work visa will expire on 1st Feb 2017 (and so will my Emirates ID). My employer will in all likelihood renew it, but will the expiry date create any hurdle while issuing PCC by Dubai police?

Awaiting your expert comments.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
kashjuni said:
Hi Guys,

Please guide on my below query

I submitted my EE profile last week and expect an ITA soon Inshallah (my score is 473)

I am aware that i need to get PCC for India from Dubai. Can anyone list down steps to follow for this?

Also, I am aware to get PCC from Dubai Police for my stay in Dubai

Assuming i get ITA by Mid-November and have Mid-January time to submit my application, will I be issued a PCC by Dubai police as my work visa will expire on 1st Feb 2017 (and so will my Emirates ID). My employer will in all likelihood renew it, but will the expiry date create any hurdle while issuing PCC by Dubai police?

Awaiting your expert comments.
No problem with your work permit expiring soon. Even after your work permit expires, you have additional 1 month to stay in UAE and you can obtain UAE PCC during that period also. It takes only 1 or 2 days to obtain UAE PCC.

For Indian PCC, you need to apply for it at the Indian Consulate in Dubai OR Indian Embassy in Abu Dhabi. You need to submit your Indian passport for those many days with them and they will issue you PCC probably in 7 to 10 days. They will stamp your passport for the PCC issued.

kashjuni

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sushsmart15 said:
No problem with your work permit expiring soon. Even after your work permit expires, you have additional 1 month to stay in UAE and you can obtain UAE PCC during that period also. It takes only 1 or 2 days to obtain UAE PCC.

I cannot dear if i receive the ITA in next draw. If i do not, then yes i can get it later

For Indian PCC, you need to apply for it at the Indian Consulate in Dubai OR Indian Embassy in Abu Dhabi. You need to submit your Indian passport for those many days with them and they will issue you PCC probably in 7 to 10 days. They will stamp your passport for the PCC issued.
Hi Sushsmart,

Thanks for your reply. I am assuming you are based in UAE and hence know the answers :)

In January, my employer would need my passport for visa renewal. I am not sure how many days it take for the process. So i was thinking to have my PCC issued in November or early December. This is because getting an Indian PCC in Dubai would need me to submit my passport and i do not want both the passport submissions to clash. Do you think i should do this?

At the same time, i do not want my current employer know about my Canada plans unless he renews my Visa.

Please advise some tricks of the trade.

Thanks.

jumanirohan

Jun 23, 2016
Hi,

I have applied for UK PCC on 5th Nov'16. Their website state's 10 working days for 45pounds and 2 working days for 80 pounds.

Is anyone aware of the time it take for them to get it delivered to India from the date of request / issue? I hope i get it within 60 days as I received my ITA on 2nd Nov'16.

I already have received Indian PCC in a day :)

Thank You.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
jumanirohan said:
Hi,

I have applied for UK PCC on 5th Nov'16. Their website state's 10 working days for 45pounds and 2 working days for 80 pounds.

Is anyone aware of the time it take for them to get it delivered to India from the date of request / issue? I hope i get it within 60 days as I received my ITA on 2nd Nov'16.

I already have received Indian PCC in a day :)

Thank You.
If you have received your ITA, then kindly opt for the premium service and pay 80 GBP and you will receive UK PCC within 4 working days delivered at your doorstep anywhere in the world.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
kashjuni said:
Hi Sushsmart,

Thanks for your reply. I am assuming you are based in UAE and hence know the answers :)

In January, my employer would need my passport for visa renewal. I am not sure how many days it take for the process. So i was thinking to have my PCC issued in November or early December. This is because getting an Indian PCC in Dubai would need me to submit my passport and i do not want both the passport submissions to clash. Do you think i should do this?

At the same time, i do not want my current employer know about my Canada plans unless he renews my Visa.

Please advise some tricks of the trade.

Thanks.
I was in UAE for over a year in 2012-2013, not now.
First, you need to apply for the Indian PCC since it takes a few days. Tell your employer that you need it for some important property documentation in India.
As you are expecting an ITA probably in a week or two, then after receiving ITA - apply for UAE PCC.
In case your employer does not renew your work permit, then by that time you would have already submitted your e-APR. You can come down back to India and chill till you receive your PR.

jumanirohan

Jun 23, 2016
thanks sushsmart15, but i have already requested the PCC and paid 45pounds, how many days to deliver after 10 working processing days.

Little relived to see your message as 4 working days delivered at my doorstep ( 2 to process 2 for delivery), correct?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
jumanirohan said:
thanks sushsmart15, but i have already requested the PCC and paid 45pounds, how many days to deliver after 10 working processing days.

Little relived to see your message as 4 working days delivered at my doorstep ( 2 to process 2 for delivery), correct?
If you paid for the normal delivery, you can expect to receive it within 3 weeks.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
jumanirohan said:

You can expect to receive it in the next 2 to 3 weeks.