+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate: When to apply exactly? Confused...

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Hi,

For pcc, if one has stayed in two states in india, does he need to provide pcc from.both states.

ytang

Jan 24, 2016
Hey guys,

So I received the ITA already. Now I am completing the documents they require.
Again, this PPC comes up. What do we do for countries that need a letter from CIC to obtain?
Should we just write on a piece of paper, no template, no format, that this is what's happening, and upload it as 'Additional Document' in MyCIC website?

hshringi

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Bangalore, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
23-04-2016
I had created a separate thread for this but I guess I might have a better chance of getting a response here instead:

So here's the thing:

I need a PCC for India, Thailand, USA and Singapore

Out of these, since I am based out of India, getting a PCC here should be (hopefully) straight forward while, the USA one will inevitably take its sweet time - not much I can do there (other than requesting it ASAP which I intend to do in a couple of days)

For Thailand and Singapore however, my understanding is that I need some sort of letter from CIC stating that they have requested a PCC from these countries for me.

So my question is: How do I get this letter from CIC?

I guess the question isn't too different to what was asked above me but I guess we are both still awaiting an answer...

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hshringi said:
I had created a separate thread for this but I guess I might have a better chance of getting a response here instead:

So here's the thing:

I need a PCC for India, Thailand, USA and Singapore

Out of these, since I am based out of India, getting a PCC here should be (hopefully) straight forward while, the USA one will inevitably take its sweet time - not much I can do there (other than requesting it ASAP which I intend to do in a couple of days)

For Thailand and Singapore however, my understanding is that I need some sort of letter from CIC stating that they have requested a PCC from these countries for me.

So my question is: How do I get this letter from CIC?

I guess the question isn't too different to what was asked above me but I guess we are both still awaiting an answer...
You would've probably seen this and this.

IRCC will inform you if and when they need you to obtain PCC from Singapore and Thailand at some point in time during application processing. As part of your submission, you may want to include a short LoE highlighting that you are aware that you need to provide PCCs for those 2 countries (indicate the periods of stay) and that you await instructions from IRCC on the same.

As for the FBI report, ensure that you upload all evidence of having applied for it along with a short LoE requesting the officer for a suitable extension on the same. Do not submit your application till the 58/59th day of your deadline - that shows your commitment to delay application submission in the hope of getting your FBI report AND gives you additional leverage on that deadline extension as well.

All the best!

hshringi

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Bangalore, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
23-04-2016
Yeah I saw those links and hence why I understood I need a letter from CIC requesting the PCC's before I will get them for those 2 countries

But I wasn't sure how (and when) to get that letter

I have already updated all my personal travel history, address history, etc

Essentially I've completed the application - I just need to upload the documents now

So I guess I attach an LOE stating I need the letter from CIC for my PCC in those 2 countries and then I'll also upload the receipt of my request for PCC from FBI (which likely won't come for months) and I'll also upload the PCC from India as soon as I get it

So do I submit all of these items in a single file or do I submit the PCC/requests separately?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hshringi said:
Yeah I saw those links and hence why I understood I need a letter from CIC requesting the PCC's before I will get them for those 2 countries

But I wasn't sure how (and when) to get that letter

I have already updated all my personal travel history, address history, etc

Essentially I've completed the application - I just need to upload the documents now

So I guess I attach an LOE stating I need the letter from CIC for my PCC in those 2 countries and then I'll also upload the receipt of my request for PCC from FBI (which likely won't come for months) and I'll also upload the PCC from India as soon as I get it

So do I submit all of these items in a single file or do I submit the PCC/requests separately?
Single PDF file not more than 4 Mb in size. I've edited the previous post and included some advice on the FBI report as well.

hshringi

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Bangalore, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
23-04-2016
Asivad Anac said:
As for the FBI report, ensure that you upload all evidence of having applied for it along with a short LoE requesting the officer for a suitable extension on the same. Do not submit your application till the 58/59th day of your deadline - that shows your commitment to delay application submission in the hope of getting your FBI report AND gives you additional leverage on that deadline extension as well.

All the best!
Yeah this seems to be the best option

I guess my application will have chock-full of LOE's...I hope they don't hold that against me....

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hshringi said:
Yeah this seems to be the best option

I guess my application will have chock-full of LOE's...I hope they don't hold that against me....
On the contrary, an application without sufficient explanations is more likely to be refused than another application which probably overdoes it. Neither of those, in themselves, are guarantors of refusal but any explanation is better than none at all.

hshringi

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Bangalore, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
23-04-2016
That's a very valid point. I don't intend to leave any strings unknown anyways (its not my nature really) but I just hope overkill isn't something they end up holding against me

Besides, the LOE are based on circumstances that are beyond my control so I don't see why it would be a problem

ytang

Jan 24, 2016
Hey guys,

I have the same situation with the FBI report (the website says the processing time is 13-18 weeks!) Thanks for the LoE advice.

But I have also heard that for some cases, because Canada and USA have a close tie, the police record needed from the FBI might be covered by a Canadian version of the police record, is this true?? Like, if we get a Canadian police record, that should cover it?

If this is not true...

From the FBI website:
"If possible, have your fingerprints taken by a fingerprinting technician. This service may be available at a law enforcement agency."

Any advice where I should go and get my fingerprints taken? I live in Vancouver, BC.

ytang

Jan 24, 2016
Hi guys, sorry, I have another question about this FBI police record thing:
On CIC website, for Police Record from the US

It first says:
The FBI will send you a letter with the results of your record check. That letter will be your police certificate. You should send the letter and any attached documents to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada office processing your file.

But further down, you will read (in the blue box):
CIC will NOT accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications.

So, which one is true? Should we be the one mailing it to CIC or should the FBI send it to CIC?

JMRG

Apr 2, 2016
Hi,

I was just going through this thread. I'm waiting for my PNP AOR. Was considering applying for PCC for India although I haven't lived there for the past few years now.how ever I'm nt sure how I can apply from UAE for India PCC. Please advice.

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ytang said:
Hi guys, sorry, I have another question about this FBI police record thing:
On CIC website, for Police Record from the US

It first says:
The FBI will send you a letter with the results of your record check. That letter will be your police certificate. You should send the letter and any attached documents to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada office processing your file.

But further down, you will read (in the blue box):
CIC will NOT accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications.

So, which one is true? Should we be the one mailing it to CIC or should the FBI send it to CIC?
You will not have to mail anything. Once you get the certificate, you will have to upload it in the corresponding placeholder in your myCIC account.

Tony M.

Mar 29, 2016
Hi, folks!
If one of the five countries you have lived in happens to be Saudi Arabia, and that you're a Filipino needing help, please let me know.
I'm a Filipino currently working in Riyadh and have had experience in securing SPCC in recent months done for compatriots working in/applying for work in Canada.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
JMRG said:
Hi,

I was just going through this thread. I'm waiting for my PNP AOR. Was considering applying for PCC for India although I haven't lived there for the past few years now.how ever I'm nt sure how I can apply from UAE for India PCC. Please advice.

Thanks
You can apply at your nearest Indian embassy or consulate.