+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police Certificate - Mexico

JoseRamon

Jan 3, 2024
Yes, I couldn't wait and ended up calling them on Tuesday, they were really nice, the girl who answer my call told me that the embassy can send packages with 30 PCC request to even 200 PCC requests! She told me that since my documents were received on June 5th by the embassy, probably she was going to receive them during this month. She also mention that they received only 8 PCC request last week and sadly mine was not in those 8, but they are expecting to receive more certificate requests next week and she suggest me to call her by the end of the month.

So for me right now there is nothing else to do other than wait.
Thank you
I’ll try to call them and ask. I sent my documents at the end of April. So if I know something I’ll post it here.
Did you use this number to call FGR? (55)53-46-00-00;508427

JoseRamon

Jan 3, 2024
Hi Jose! Did you get any update for your PCC?
Hi Steph,
Yes, I called FGR last week and they told me they received my documents from the Canadian Embassy.They expected to send the PCC this week back to them and recommended me to call them back at the end of this week or the next one to give me the “folio” number as this confirms that the certificate has been sent.
So probably yours will be ready soon as well. Wish you all the best.

Reactions: stephcc91

stephcc91

Dec 22, 2023
Congratulations! Looks like you're one step closer to your PR confirmation. Thanks for sharing, your post gives a lot of peace of mind and certainty to remain patient.

Btw, I called IRCC a week ago and they advised me to raise a Web form to request an extension. My package, including all needed for the PCC (photos, ink&roll fingerprints, etc...), was received on May 8.
Hi Eddie,
Have you received any update for your PCC?

Eddie90

Nov 16, 2022
Hi Eddie,
Have you received any update for your PCC?
Hey Steph, guess what? I just called FGR (today, a couple of mins before posting here) and was told the documents for my wife and I were sent to the Embassy on July 24 (2 days ago!!!). So, the process is now in the hands of the Embassy and then IRCC. We're getting closer, I hope.

stephcc91

Dec 22, 2023
Hey Steph, guess what? I just called FGR (today, a couple of mins before posting here) and was told the documents for my wife and I were sent to the Embassy on July 24 (2 days ago!!!). So, the process is now in the hands of the Embassy and then IRCC. We're getting closer, I hope.
Oh that is great! I'm so glad for you, I've been trying to ask everyone who sent their documents before me so I can get an idea of when my documents will be processed (they received them on June 5th), so I want to believe I'm getting close. Thank you replying and hopefully you will be getting your PR soon!

medelling

Jun 21, 2024
Hello everyone.
I also called today (Jul 26) to the FGR and they confirmed that they sent my documents on July 24 to the Embassy.
Here is my timeline

Sent the documents to the Embassy: May 31,
Embassy received the documents: June 4
Asked for acknowledge receipt (MXICO-IM-RAU@international.gc.ca): June 10
Embassy sent acknowledge receipt: June 20
FGR sent the documents to the Embassy: July 24

Let's see how long it takes to have the PCC in the system.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eddie90

stephcc91

Dec 22, 2023
Hello everyone.
I also called today (Jul 26) to the FGR and they confirmed that they sent my documents on July 24 to the Embassy.
Here is my timeline

Sent the documents to the Embassy: May 31,
Embassy receive the documents: June 4
Asked for acknowledge receipt (MXICO-IM-RAU@international.gc.ca): June 10
Embassy sent acknowledge receipt: June 20
FGR sent the documents to the Embassy: July 24

Let's see how long it takes to have the PCC in the system.
Oh wow! Your post gives me hope! The embassy received my documents on June 5th! So hopefully my documents were sent along with yours!

pranavdesaib

Oct 10, 2023
Hi, I want to share my timeline for requesting the PCC:
- Documents delivered to the embassy: on April 16th, 2024
- Got AOR: May 22nd, 2024 after sending an email to the embassy on May 17, 2024

I will keep this updated.

Hello, did you receive any update?

pranavdesaib

Oct 10, 2023
Same. I just called them today and they said they have sent the "response" to the embassy on July 24th. Fingers crossed.
Not sure if the Embassy can directly upload it in the application or they will send it via post to the IRCC office.

stephcc91

Dec 22, 2023
Same. I just called them today and they said they have sent the "response" to the embassy on July 24th. Fingers crossed.
Not sure if the Embassy can directly upload it in the application or they will send it via post to the IRCC office.
The Embassy will upload the police certificate directly in the IRCC portal, from what I have been seeing, is taking them around 2-3 weeks to do it.

bonusowl

Jun 27, 2024
Hello, did you receive any update?
Hi! No yet.
I also call them on July 24 and told me that day or the next they would be sending a batch to the embassy so I think that aligns with what other people are reporting here.
On another note, they only found my dependent name and not mine. I’m a little bit worried they lost mine but at the same time my PR tracker says all my steps are completed and my dependent is missing one step so I don’t know if they sent my PCC before and that could explain why they can find it and why all my steps shows as completed.

stephcc91

Dec 22, 2023
Hi Eddie! How are you? Have your PCC been updated in IRCC portal? Yesterday I confirmed with the FGR that my PCC was sent to the Embassy on Friday! :)

Eddie90

Nov 16, 2022
Hi Eddie! How are you? Have your PCC been updated in IRCC portal? Yesterday I confirmed with the FGR that my PCC was sent to the Embassy on Friday! :)
Hey Steph, great news! You are so close.

No, I just checked my application status and still says ¨Your application is in progress¨ under Background check and Final decision, technically it was sent to Embassy on July 24 and I read somewhere they´re taking 2-3 weeks to upload. I applied to PR through Express Entry - STEM, as I have experience in IT...not sure if this would have any other checks before IRCC updates the portal.