+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POF for ITA under PNP

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
se7en said:
I agree with you Phil89.
CIC itself is not very clear about PoF for PNP under EE.
I was looking at the paper based checklist for PNP where they do not ask to provide PoF but EE has no clear instructions so therefore it wouldn't hurt to provide PoF. I did a lot of research and wanted to run away from this but seems difficult and risky.
Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
Yeah I know.. I was also confused and was thinking a lot about it...
I knw its risk.., but I don't want to give them a chance to ask to show my debts of 30k car loan and 7k credit card with 15k fund in account. They can simply reject it saying I have double debts than my fund available.

I don't think that will be safe. If I have that POF in my profile definitely they will ask for it. But if I don't, they may ask or may not; no guarantee.
And if they do I will show it if they don't I don't need to and they can't reject it by saying I did not show it which was not asked for.

In worst scenario if they do: I will have the fund in my account for more than 6 months by then and nomination is a surety of ITA in the next draw.
And by gods grace I have 1 more year WP
let's see

Reactions: asma danish

diana0220

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
i dont understand,
I am under CEC and have 600 point add due to onpnp, i have a job now,

do i still need to provide proof of financial support??????

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
diana0220 said:
i dont understand,
I am under CEC and have 600 point add due to onpnp, i have a job now,

do i still need to provide proof of financial support??????
Depends on your PNP requirements. If you had to show it to Ontario then yes, CIC will want to see it as well.

diana0220

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
se7en said:
CIC updated the POF page yesterday, it says unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.
So it is clear that those who has LMIA supported job and CEC applicants are exempted from showing POF. But I do not understand how should those candidates deal this situation (myself) if pre-ITA they were eligible under CEC and then got ITA under PNP.

I am not asked to upload POF but to play safe if I show POF then how should I do it?
I have $9K in my joint account and my spouse has also her separate account with $4k in it, all together we have around $13k. We can make it to $17K if I wait until my next pay.
Now the questions is, should I show POF from both joint account and my spouse separate account while providing bank letters and statements for both and a LOE to CIC to inform them that we both as a family maintain these much funds or should I transfer money from my spouse account to our joint account but again I have to explain the big transaction in the later case. Which doesn't look feasible to me.
For the last year our joint account has on and off $10k-15k but due to our expenditures we never maintained it for the sum that CIC wants for a family of 2 people ($14853).

Any suggestions?

Hi, is that show on your application, there is no upload button for POF for you? why i still have it? I under CEC with 600 onpnp, current working in Canada, no job offer with lima

do i have any misunderstanding of this new rule? please help

wonderwombat

Jun 25, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
diana0220 said:
Hi, is that show on your application, there is no upload button for POF for you? why i still have it? I under CEC with 600 onpnp, current working in Canada, no job offer with lima

do i have any misunderstanding of this new rule? please help
If you get 600 points from OOPNP, you're not under CEC anymore, but PNP. Can't tell you what that means in regards to the POF, just that you're not getting invited under the CEC program. I personally was requested to show POF even tho I was eligible under CEC originally.

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
wonderwombat said:
If you get 600 points from OOPNP, you're not under CEC anymore, but PNP. Can't tell you what that means in regards to the POF, just that you're not getting invited under the CEC program. I personally was requested to show POF even tho I was eligible under CEC originally.
Your situation of CIC's request to show PoF make sense because as per instructions from CIC on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/pnp.asp
It says that PNP candidate will be assessed on two things:
1) Candidate must demonstrate that they meet the PNP requirements.
(Which I believe if PoF was one of the requirements of PNP application to any province then by all means the same needs to be shown to CIC)
2) Candidate must be assessed for A11.2 requirements, that they meet the program requirements of one federal immigration program (FSWP or CEC or FSTP).

wonderwombat

Jun 25, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
diana0220 said:
Does anyone who only provide bank letter without past 6 months bank statement?
Is that ok to do it?
If the bank is willing to draft a document with this information in it:

The applicant should provide official letter(s) from financial institution(s) which list all current bank and investment accounts, as well as outstanding debts such as credit cards and loans.
The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the account numbers, dates of when each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance in the past six months.
then that is all you need. If not, 6 months statements seem to be the next best thing.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
se7en said:
Your situation of CIC's request to show PoF make sense because as per instructions from CIC on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/pnp.asp
It says that PNP candidate will be assessed on two things:
1) Candidate must demonstrate that they meet the PNP requirements.
(Which I believe if PoF was one of the requirements of PNP application to any province then by all means the same needs to be shown to CIC)
2) Candidate must be assessed for A11.2 requirements, that they meet the program requirements of one federal immigration program (FSWP or CEC or FSTP).

Hi Se7en,

Thank you so much for this Link.. I was not sure what CIC says about ITA under PNP.
I went through this.... and see they will check if Candidate meet the PNP requirements. And yes, as you said POF is one of the requirements. So I am going to keep the POF amount on my account and will show it with my debts.. Lets see what will they do about that... :)
I was confused and now it cleared everything..

CmrImmigrant

Star Member
Apr 12, 2015
Phil89 said:
I would not do that if I were you..Because when you applied for PNP, you had to show funds and now you say that you don't have it...
I won't recommend anyone to do that too. because when the province nominate you through your EE profile, you don't exactly know what informations they shared with CIC wich is the entity that delivers you the PR. So you better let all the informations like they used to be. It could be misrepresentation and you could be banned for false declarations or eliminated for non eligibility cause you declare thath you don't have enough money to immigrate. And everybody here nows that providing sufficient money to immigrate to Canada is a mandatory.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah I agree
Situation was bad.. That's why..
I changed it back to same as before :)
Let's see

kyxy

Aug 20, 2015
se7en said:
CIC updated the POF page yesterday, it says unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, or you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.
So it is clear that those who has LMIA supported job and CEC applicants are exempted from showing POF. But I do not understand how should those candidates deal this situation (myself) if pre-ITA they were eligible under CEC and then got ITA under PNP.

I am not asked to upload POF but to play safe if I show POF then how should I do it?
I have $9K in my joint account and my spouse has also her separate account with $4k in it, all together we have around $13k. We can make it to $17K if I wait until my next pay.
Now the questions is, should I show POF from both joint account and my spouse separate account while providing bank letters and statements for both and a LOE to CIC to inform them that we both as a family maintain these much funds or should I transfer money from my spouse account to our joint account but again I have to explain the big transaction in the later case. Which doesn't look feasible to me.
For the last year our joint account has on and off $10k-15k but due to our expenditures we never maintained it for the sum that CIC wants for a family of 2 people ($14853).

Any suggestions?
This has also been my thought.

Imagine for an FSWP applicant. They indicated that applicants should have enough POF, therefore we are expecting that most of FSWP applicants doesn't have arranged employment. In this scenario, almost all of them will have a slim chance to have ITA since their score will be most likely 250-450. So why is FSWP included in this EE pool when you expect them to provide POF meaning they don't have LMIA which hurts their CRS score so much?

rohitsinp23

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Pls help, i have two accounts in two different banks, one is saving accounts( joint with spouse) and second one is salary account, but For POF all amount exists in saving accounts from last 6-7 months. And salary account hv nt much money bcoz i used it for home expensives or for daily use so always balance is below than $100. Only in the first week of every month balance goes up when salary transfered to it. So now question is-: Bank statements are mandatory or not. I have more than six months old balance in my joint account with my spouse and average balance is also same as current balance, just 3-4% variation. If im sending bank letter which stating average balance for last six months, current balance, credit card accounts( limits and balance available), no loan then bank statement for last six months should be submitted or not. And should i submit same letter ( no loan, current balance, avg balance, credit cards) for salary account from other bank or statement is mandatory

Mutair

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
se7en said:
As I said, before ITA I was only eligible for CEC and then I got invited after my province nominated my through EE. So ITA letter now says that you are invited to apply for PR under PNP.
But I see I am not asked to upload any POF in requested documents. I will take it as it is not required in my case.
True. It does, however, require a form in which you're supposed to disclose how much money you've got.